IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

DIY Changing Stock HID Bulbs

Old 12-19-13, 06:47 PM
Mysta
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
If you go with an HID kit for your fog lights than yes you need a ballast and bulb.

Honestly 6500K and 6000K are essentially the same as there would be no visual difference.

What were you looking to get out of your parking lights and turn signals by upgrading them?

Danny
Basically about to upgrade my headlights to 2012 and figured If I have everything off I may as well go ahead and switch them so I don't have to go in and do it in the next few years, maybe not turn signals .
Old 12-20-13, 07:27 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Mysta
Basically about to upgrade my headlights to 2012 and figured If I have everything off I may as well go ahead and switch them so I don't have to go in and do it in the next few years, maybe not turn signals .
With the turn signals, if you go with LED bulbs than you would need to install resistors to fix the hyper flash issue. The parking lights would be fine though as we've had many customers upgrade them in their IS.

Danny
Old 06-01-14, 01:02 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

very very helpful!!!
Old 06-01-14, 11:43 AM
Ants350
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Very helpful thread!
Old 07-05-14, 03:19 PM
kenjwan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scatter pattern

Thanks for this great tutorial. Changing the bulbs was extremely easy. I have one issue now though.

Now that the bulbs have been changed, I'm noticing the scatter pattern of the light is uneven. I can see linear streaks coming from both headlights, rather than the normal, soft, and even dispersal. I can only assume it's some sort of alignment issue but I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix this.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 07-05-14, 06:30 PM
is250916
Pit Crew

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kenjwan
Thanks for this great tutorial. Changing the bulbs was extremely easy. I have one issue now though.

Now that the bulbs have been changed, I'm noticing the scatter pattern of the light is uneven. I can see linear streaks coming from both headlights, rather than the normal, soft, and even dispersal. I can only assume it's some sort of alignment issue but I'm not sure what needs to be done to fix this.

Anyone have any suggestions?
Are you sure that the bulbs are seated correctly?
Old 07-06-14, 02:52 PM
Kd0t
Driver

Anyone know if I can use this method to change the front turn signal bulbs?

I want to avoid pulling the bumper if possible
Old 12-13-14, 01:02 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

does anyone know to change the parking lights from these diagrams?
Old 12-13-14, 04:34 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dorkacho
does anyone know to change the parking lights from these diagrams?
There's another dust cap facing the front of the car on the headlights. Pop those off and you'll see the high beam and parking light connectors. Parking is the small one in the corner, just twist and replace.
Old 12-13-14, 10:46 AM
dorkacho
Lexus Champion

Thanks! I'm currently trying to do this for the first time ... But am having trouble taking the 10mm bolt off using my Stanley socket.. Any tips?
Old 04-13-19, 05:04 PM
Ck84cs
Driver School Candidate

Default Pdf

Could you send me the pdf please thanks

Originally Posted by IceZ
Awesome Post bro...I never realized all that stuff came out on the drivers side...I've been squeezing my arm in between all that crap.

Anyways i compiled all your pictures and directions into a PDF...mostly for my own use (lots of times the pictures go missing from these threads)

If anyone wants that let me know.
Old 07-16-19, 09:30 AM
crishac
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thank You

A decade later this post is coming in handy just wanted to say thanks!
Old 12-31-21, 02:00 PM
mugette
Driver School Candidate

Default Ooh can I get a copy of ur pdf with instructions and pics?

Hi can I get a copy of your pdf with instructions and pics? Not sure how often you check these threads but if do do, mugetteahn2@yahoo.com. Many tkssss!!!

Old 12-31-21, 02:23 PM
Zmon
Racer

Received 217 Likes on 182 Posts

Originally Posted by mugette
Hi can I get a copy of your pdf with instructions and pics? Not sure how often you check these threads but if do do, mugetteahn2@yahoo.com. Many tkssss!!!
You're responding to a user who hasn't logged in for 6 years. There's plenty of pictures/info in this thread showing the process. Honestly, there's nothing hard about changing the bulbs on these cars. Engine air filter box has to come up on the passenger side, only a few screws iirc hold it in. Driver side, should only need to remove the washer fluid tube (1x 10mm screw). Pop the latches off the headlights, twist the connector and pull it off the bulb. Do in reverse once installed.

Or, here's a video.
Old 01-02-22, 08:17 AM
mugette
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for your response back! Does the video and quick review by you of what to expect in changing out the headlight bulbs also apply to a 2016 Lexus RX 350? I couldn’t find any videos or instructions other that I found thru this platform on even what type of led bulbs to bulbs I can upgrade to. Is it a conversion kit I have to buy and what exact kind is compatible with my car? I’ve bought at least 3 different leds headlights on Amazon and places online that were supposed to compatible but they turned out not to be. I could only find high beam bulbs, side marker bulbs or fog lights bulbs but no headlight low beams bulbs. I’m so confused. Will these instructions work with my car and can you suggest what brand or type of led or other headlight low beams bulbs that is compatible w my car to replace with. Even the car manual shows nothing!

thank u!!!!!

Or, here's a video.
[/QUOTE]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: DIY Changing Stock HID Bulbs