ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Add me to the list of cursed IS's (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/426002-add-me-to-the-list-of-cursed-iss.html)

mvlbr 04-30-09 08:12 PM

Add me to the list of cursed IS's

Just got rear ended by a Pilot at a stoplight earlier today. Here I was thinking that it would never happen to me(boy was I wrong :egads: ) From the looks of things it seems like I might just need a new bumper cover and possibly the foam behind it. I'll be taking the car to the shop either tomorrow or early next week. Luckily I'm not at fault but either way it's just a huge hassle that I would rather not have to deal with.

inwood 04-30-09 08:22 PM

That sucks bro, I was hurting too when someone backed into my IS a month after I got.

iceache925 04-30-09 08:27 PM

sorry. hope insurance covers it and all is well.

600rr05 04-30-09 08:34 PM

that sucks so i take it the pilot wasn't going too fast just be glad as it could have been worse.

ExTrEmE99 04-30-09 08:42 PM

Everything can be repaired but just make sure it bring it to a good shop to match that starfire pearl!

vboy418 04-30-09 08:45 PM

that sucks bro!

Kevin.IS 04-30-09 08:57 PM

Sorry to hear, but usually in a rear accident and you're in front then usually it is in favor of you. Just bring to a trusted shop to get everything done right. Best wishes to your car.

blk250 05-01-09 02:16 PM

sorry that it happens! hope you are ok....!

GiantsFan 05-01-09 02:29 PM

Man that sucks, I know how you feel.

I had something similar happen to me too. Was dropping my friend off at his house when his neighbor backed his civic into my car (his bumper hit mine). He said "I didn't look in my rear view mirror .. sorry":egads:

This happens to everyone, your car will be good as new shortly :thumbup:

Hoovey689 05-01-09 02:53 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Hope everything works out

09 LEX 250 05-01-09 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by mvlbr (Post 4484097)
Just got rear ended by a Pilot at a stoplight earlier today. Here I was thinking that it would never happen to me(boy was I wrong :egads: ) From the looks of things it seems like I might just need a new bumper cover and possibly the foam behind it. I'll be taking the car to the shop either tomorrow or early next week. Luckily I'm not at fault but either way it's just a huge hassle that I would rather not have to deal with.

sorry to hear that man but it would've been pay day for me lol

dangy 05-01-09 06:06 PM

Sorry to hear that man. Hope everything works out for ya.

XhyDra 05-01-09 06:40 PM

Sorry to hear dude.

Added to the list :doh:

mvlbr 05-01-09 06:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the kind words guys it just made me feel better :)

Just got an estimate today and it pretty much came out to $977 without actually taking it apart. Basically covering a new bumper cover, paint and labor. BTW they did tell me that starfire pearl is a really hard color to match. But I trust that they will try to get it as close to it as possible since my service advisor(who BTW is a great guy) personally recommended me to this shop telling me that he's had work done there and that the shop they recommend to all their customers. Either way they also told me that the value may go up since they won't know the extent of the damage until they take it apart. But most likely it will probably need a new foam according to the estimate guy. Now I just have to play the waiting game with my insurance for the ok. Either way it just a lot of hassle but at least no sheet metal got damaged so I guess I got lucky.

Here's a pic of the damage(it's not a whole lot but still wished it never happened oh well):

ankurman20 05-01-09 06:53 PM

man sorry to hear about this :sad:

by the looks of it, it doesnt look too bad, but your right... its just a hassle to deal with all the things