IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-13, 10:10 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
Damn! Thanks for the info, I actually get these Megan UCAs in the mail today... I may have to just cut a hole in the top of the fender, because I want to get some really aggressive wheels and still be able to bag all the way down. :/ hmm.. Guess its good I held off on ordering the wheels then.
Your welcome, I was warned about it too, but I said screw it and still installed my set. I want to cut the fender but I want a second opinion first. I'll let you know what I decide. btw, your car is on point! loving the whole thing
Old 06-06-13, 10:26 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow...glad I didn't order those, as that was next on my list. Today I will be either modifying the front bumper tab or completely relocating it, and then I will be able to see what is holding me back from tucking the fronts. I don't think I will need too much camber in the front, but the rear does...

Loving the rear fknISC808!!!
Old 06-06-13, 10:53 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by quick123
Wow...glad I didn't order those, as that was next on my list. Today I will be either modifying the front bumper tab or completely relocating it, and then I will be able to see what is holding me back from tucking the fronts. I don't think I will need too much camber in the front, but the rear does...

Loving the rear fknISC808!!!
Thanks bro, relocating the tab will do you good unlike me, I completely tore mine off with my tire. What size are your wheels and what tires are you running? I ran a 19x9 +20 with 215/35 and it tucked the fronts without camber kit up front. For the rear, All you need is part #MRS-LX-0311 but id recommend to get #MRS-LX-0321 also.

Last edited by fknISC808; 06-06-13 at 10:57 AM.
Old 06-06-13, 11:04 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fknISC808
Your welcome, I was warned about it too, but I said screw it and still installed my set. I want to cut the fender but I want a second opinion first. I'll let you know what I decide. btw, your car is on point! loving the whole thing
Thanks, I will let you know if i figure anything out, but it sounds like cutting a hole is only solution... I'm not opposed to it as long as the fender is still going to be strong enough to hold the upper suspension mount. I really want to run these, full negative, and still bag down all the way... only way i can run offsets I'm shooting for... So i want to make these work!
Old 06-06-13, 01:06 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

I am running a 19x9.5 +22 with a 225/35...when I roll the fronts and relocate the tab, I should be able to tuck with natural camber once I move everything out of the tire's way...we shall see in a few hours
Old 06-06-13, 01:17 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I like the Megan uca but I picked up the spc camber kit and installed it before Megan's came out with it. Theyre good so far, I'm at full negative camber or as much as it will give me and it been good so far and can air out completely.

Adam: what offset are you shooting for?
Old 06-06-13, 02:15 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Silec
I like the Megan uca but I picked up the spc camber kit and installed it before Megan's came out with it. Theyre good so far, I'm at full negative camber or as much as it will give me and it been good so far and can air out completely.

Adam: what offset are you shooting for?
Hmm interesting...

Shooting for 19x9+6, 11+15. Don't ask why my stagger is 2" difference haha
Old 06-06-13, 03:00 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

I am running a 19x9.5 +22 with a 225/35...when I roll the fronts and relocate the tab, I should be able to tuck with natural camber once I move everything out of the tire's way...we shall see in a few hours
That should work itll look clean when your finished

Adam, you'll be fine once you figure out your camber dilemma. Im working with 9.5 +12 fronts and 10.5 +10 rears.
Old 06-11-13, 08:34 AM
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, was wondering if anyone is kind enough to show me their trunk setup. I'm waiting to install, but I wanted to do some research on where to put things in my trunk.
Old 06-11-13, 01:30 PM
ShawnD
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by akayaaa
Hello, was wondering if anyone is kind enough to show me their trunk setup. I'm waiting to install, but I wanted to do some research on where to put things in my trunk.
Check out the VIP section; there is a thread dedicated to trunk setups.
Old 06-11-13, 07:02 PM
akayaaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ShawnD
Check out the VIP section; there is a thread dedicated to trunk setups.
Thank you! I will do that
Old 06-12-13, 05:30 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

I will oblige with some pics

I had the tank custom painted (first pic), but it gets a little lost in the trunk now with everything mounted, so I will be installing a hidden light strip behind the tank for showing off...still a bit crude, but you can get the idea.
Attached Thumbnails ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★-tank3.jpg   ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★-aa3.jpg  
Old 06-12-13, 06:04 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

I will oblige with some pics

I had the tank custom painted (first pic), but it gets a little lost in the trunk now with everything mounted, so I will be installing a hidden light strip behind the tank for showing off...still a bit crude, but you can get the idea.
Cool tank, something different for sure.

Did you install the accuair? And do you know if you can use smaller air lines (I know bigger are better/faster), because I think I have 1/4" ran to all corners currently, looks like you have bigger than that.
Old 06-12-13, 06:21 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by heyarms
Cool tank, something different for sure.

Did you install the accuair? And do you know if you can use smaller air lines (I know bigger are better/faster), because I think I have 1/4" ran to all corners currently, looks like you have bigger than that.
Thanks...I did the install, and yes there was a little panic when I noticed the 3/8" Accuair lines and the 1/4" Ksport fittings. I first tried to change the fittings on the air shocks, but couldn't find the right fittings anywhere, so I kept the fittings the same and ran the smaller lines into the trunk/engine compartment (easier with the smaller line anyways), and then used a connector and ran the larger line back to the tank. You have to use the 3/8" lines on the AU4 valve body.

I have had no issues at all, and it still goes up and down fast...when you change to Accuair, it will be an easy swap with the lines...the only real hard part was where to mount the rear height sensors, that was a pain...
Old 06-12-13, 07:21 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Thanks...I did the install, and yes there was a little panic when I noticed the 3/8" Accuair lines and the 1/4" Ksport fittings. I first tried to change the fittings on the air shocks, but couldn't find the right fittings anywhere, so I kept the fittings the same and ran the smaller lines into the trunk/engine compartment (easier with the smaller line anyways), and then used a connector and ran the larger line back to the tank. You have to use the 3/8" lines on the AU4 valve body.

I have had no issues at all, and it still goes up and down fast...when you change to Accuair, it will be an easy swap with the lines...the only real hard part was where to mount the rear height sensors, that was a pain...
Cool thanks for the info man Still hoping to get some E-level in my life this summer. Maybe when i sell my wheels

Quick Reply: ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★