★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-13, 01:58 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by koksik
Question:
Im have Ksport air setup and I was on 19x9+30, 19x10+25.. shaved rear, no mod on front ( I think I will shave front as well )
I want get more agressive setup now and my question is what can be most agressive offset to lower the car to the ground and put wheels inside the wheel arches???? Post Your setup with pic pls
I had 9.5+28 and 10.5 + 29 and my tuck was pretty aggressive but I'm pretty sure you can go a few mm lower and still can tuck without a camber kit.
Old 05-18-13, 02:04 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Old setup

New setup

I am currently running camber kits in the front and rear since my current wheels are much more aggressive.
Old 05-18-13, 03:01 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Silec
Old setup

I am currently running camber kits in the front and rear since my current wheels are much more aggressive.
Old setup was good, new setup looks sick! what camber kit are your running up front?
Old 05-18-13, 03:28 PM
koksik
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can You tell ur new set up and how much camber You have?
Old 05-18-13, 03:49 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fknISC808
Old setup was good, new setup looks sick! what camber kit are your running up front?
Thanks. I am running a spc camber kit for the front.

Originally Posted by koksik
Can You tell ur new set up and how much camber You have?
19x9.5 +12
19x10.5 +18

Camber at ride height are at -1 up front and -2.5 for the rear.
Old 06-02-13, 03:27 PM
heyarms
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks. I am running a spc camber kit for the front.

19x9.5 +12
19x10.5 +18

Camber at ride height are at -1 up front and -2.5 for the rear.
Is your rear camber maxed out negative?
Old 06-02-13, 05:48 PM
Silec
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by heyarms
Is your rear camber maxed out negative?
nope I can go more negative if I ever wanted to go for the super tuck look.

Last edited by Silec; 06-02-13 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06-02-13, 07:55 PM
RDIS250AWD
Lead Lap

Received 91 Likes on 38 Posts

Old setup

New setup

dude ur car is siiiick!
Old 06-03-13, 06:47 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I am curious about fender mods as well as the camber...I just joined the air club, and when I air all down my fenders sit on my tires. I have no camber kits at all, and have only rolled the rear fenders. I don't want to run too much negative camber, as I am not a fan of crazy camber, but I do want to tuck both the front and rear...

Here are some quick pics...the first is the front, and will sit a little lower after I roll them this afternoon...the second is the rear, which is pretty flush but I would like to tuck eventually.

Suggestions?
Attached Thumbnails ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★-flush.jpg   ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★-flush2.jpg  
Old 06-03-13, 07:00 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by quick123
I am curious about fender mods as well as the camber...I just joined the air club, and when I air all down my fenders sit on my tires. I have no camber kits at all, and have only rolled the rear fenders. I don't want to run too much negative camber, as I am not a fan of crazy camber, but I do want to tuck both the front and rear...

Here are some quick pics...the first is the front, and will sit a little lower after I roll them this afternoon...the second is the rear, which is pretty flush but I would like to tuck eventually.

Suggestions?
You wouldnt have to add too much negative camber to tuck them and bag down. At ride height for me, i dont have much camber at all, but quite a bit when i bag down. The suspension geometry changes pretty drastically at a certain level. OR you could try pulling the fenders but i'd be less stressed to just buy some megan rear camber arms to tuck those rears opposed from stressing the fenders/paint by pulling them.

I have the megan front upper control arms ordered, but dont have any camber adjusting done up front now. I can let you know how i like those for some front adjusting when i get them.
Old 06-03-13, 09:10 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, thanks Adam...I am trying not to mess with the fenders that much and don't want to pull them at all, just rolled for the most inner fender clearance, so I guess more camber is the route I need to go.

I will go ahead and order the rear Megan arms today, and hopefully have them installed before the weekend and see how the rear sits. I also have to lower the shock perch today (when I air up to 3 or 90%, I look like a freaking rally car), which sucks with the Ksport as you have to disconnect the lower portion of the shock from the control arm and twist it in.
Old 06-06-13, 08:34 AM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

I have a question for my air suspension brethren...what do you do in traffic? or when stopped at a light? do you air down, or just cruise around at ride height?
Old 06-06-13, 09:33 AM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by quick123
I have a question for my air suspension brethren...what do you do in traffic? or when stopped at a light? do you air down, or just cruise around at ride height?
All the guys in my crew ride normal while driving. Although I understand that it can be cool when it's all new. We have a friendly competition about me being lower than all of them while driving and them only looking good while parked. They laugh at me at speed bumps and driveways. Good friendly humor.
Old 06-06-13, 09:55 AM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by heyarms
You wouldnt have to add too much negative camber to tuck them and bag down. At ride height for me, i dont have much camber at all, but quite a bit when i bag down. The suspension geometry changes pretty drastically at a certain level. OR you could try pulling the fenders but i'd be less stressed to just buy some megan rear camber arms to tuck those rears opposed from stressing the fenders/paint by pulling them.

I have the megan front upper control arms ordered, but dont have any camber adjusting done up front now. I can let you know how i like those for some front adjusting when i get them.
Just an FYI adam the megan arms will not allow you to air all the way down in the front. Below is my current situation. I am ordering 30mm front Sage RCA's to compensate for the loss. The Megan arm hits the fender up top. If there is anything you can think of besides the RCA's please let me know. I thought about cutting the fender but I have to consult my auto shop.

this is FULL Slam

To contribute to the thread, I just redid my air setup along with upgrading all of my end links. This is where im sitting at, need to get an alignment

Last edited by fknISC808; 06-06-13 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-06-13, 10:02 AM
heyarms
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fknISC808
Just an FYI adam the megan arms will not allow you to air all the way down in the front. Below is my current situation. I am ordering 30mm front Sage RCA's to compensate for the loss. The Megan arm hits the fender up top. If there is anything you can think of besides the RCA's please let me know. I thought about cutting the fender but I have to consult my auto shop.

this is FULL Slam
Damn! Thanks for the info, I actually get these Megan UCAs in the mail today... I may have to just cut a hole in the top of the fender, because I want to get some really aggressive wheels and still be able to bag all the way down. :/ hmm.. Guess its good I held off on ordering the wheels then.

Quick Reply: ★★★★★ Official Air Ride Thread ★★★★★