IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Will my dealership step up?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-09, 12:14 PM
chavezguy
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey just got my car back today.... with a full tank and wash......... Love lexus Service!
Old 04-09-09, 12:38 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

all under warranty? glad to hear
Old 04-09-09, 01:51 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by chavezguy
Hey just got my car back today.... with a full tank and wash......... Love lexus Service!
Nice. I'm so jealous. I'm going through serious withdrawal. Can I ask why your car was in the shop?
Old 04-09-09, 02:23 PM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

oh snap, rebs is the OP lol
i might have missed it, but is it being covered under warranty, or do you still not know?
Old 04-09-09, 03:19 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by farquad
oh snap, rebs is the OP lol
i might have missed it, but is it being covered under warranty, or do you still not know?
lol. no worries.

I won't know for sure until I pick it up. However, in talking with people here, it sounds like it'll be covered under warranty since that's how I presented it, and frankly there is no reason for it to *not* be covered under warranty. It's not like I had an accident or something, and I certainly wasn't doing any door-related mods. In fact the only "mod" I've performed so far is adding XM Radio (which is trunk related).

I'll update the thread tomorrow. I'm hoping to report that I get my car back and everything is as good as new and that the Lexus dealership treated me like a vip. :-)
Old 04-10-09, 07:16 AM
Feirax
Driver

Good luck rebs.
Old 04-10-09, 09:14 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

I know this is not the most exciting thread. Part of my regrets subjecting you all to it, but anyway....lol

No car back today. They had to order more parts, and I'm not going to get it back till Wednesday, so I'm going in to get the rental this afternoon.
Old 04-10-09, 09:32 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

I went in to get my rental/loaner. I was told the service manager needed to speak to me.

He showed me the estimate (over 1k). Evidently there is some part inside the door that can't be replaced and they have to replace the entire thing? However, then he went on to say they had ordered parts, so I don't get it. He asked for clarification on how it happened (because supposedly lexus corporate will get involved) and suggested the wind blew the door open and over-extended it. He also said someone put a wrench on it. *sigh* He was polite, but it still wasn't the experience I was hoping for (especially for a new customer with only 1300 miles on his first Lexus). Ironically, I think I could have avoided the entire situation if I wouldn't have come in for the loaner.

I ended up getting an RX. I really like it, but the lack of power is a little disappointing. I was considering a replacement for my truck (in a few years), but the lack of power (and towing capabilities) makes it unsuitable for my needs. I think I would either have to step up (aka GX) or go Toyota or Nissan.

I'm still hoping for a happy ending.
Old 04-16-09, 04:58 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

This isn't the most exciting thread, but thought I'd give a quick update.

I got my car back today. I was told they replaced the entire door. It looks like the same door to me. There was a tiny bump in the door after it got jammed, and it looks like they just painted over it, so I'm not 100% convinced the door has been replaced. However, maybe I'm just being paranoid.

There is an interior piece that should have been replaced (that wasn't). It has scuff marks from where it brushed against the top of the door frame. I think that piece (it's the plastic piece that goes around the top of the window) should be easy to replace. If anyone has any ideas where I could find the part number and/or part cheap, please pass those ideas my direction.

Overall experience: 6.5/10.
Pluses - Rx350 rental, very nice when I dropped it off and picked it up.
Minuses - Service manager questioning the warranty work, not sure about the body work yet, and not replacing the necessary interior door pieces (despite pointing it out when I dropped it off).
Old 04-16-09, 05:14 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since we weren't there and don't necessarily know the whole story, the outcome seems reasonable at $0 paid.
Old 04-16-09, 05:52 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Since we weren't there and don't necessarily know the whole story, the outcome seems reasonable at $0 paid.
The outcome was pretty good, but it's warranty related, so the outcome shouldn't be in question. However, your still right, at least the warranty worked as it should. It's just the service side that could be better.

Hopefully I can find that plastic piece that goes over my window, I don't want to take it back in and be without my car again! :-)
Old 04-16-09, 06:29 PM
mvlbr
Lead Lap

If you're not happy with the service try a different dealer next time.
Old 04-16-09, 06:58 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mvlbr
If you're not happy with the service try a different dealer next time.
Only dealer in my area, and I'll give them another shot. They were nice on the 1k checkup.
Old 04-16-09, 07:21 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Ok, I've found a couple of flaws now. Anyone have some thoughts on these?

1. The paint is what I would describe as warbly. The reflection on the non re-painted surface is clear. My reflection on the painted surface looks like it almost has ripples. Does it take additional time to dry or settle? I'm not overly familiar with body work.

2. They must have painted part of my driver's side panel because they took off the clear bra and didn't replace it. Seems like I should at least get the clear bra piece back, not?

I'm not overly happy right now, but maybe I'm wrong and someone can educate me.
Old 04-17-09, 01:39 PM
Dble Agent
Pole Position

Keep us posted...

Quick Reply: Will my dealership step up?