IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

should I trust my dealership to fill gas in the car?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-09, 12:07 AM
AM1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all these campaign fixes are backing up the service center at my local dealer. sucks they gave me a rx350 for my rental. they had a bentley in the shop, i told them to let me borrow that one. hahah
Old 02-13-09, 12:28 AM
jayy178
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i had a 1/4 tank when i brought it in.and there was about the same amount when i picked it up so no free refill for me
Old 02-13-09, 12:34 AM
farquad
Lexus Test Driver

how's there so many toronto guys in this thread.. anyways, carry on :P
Old 02-13-09, 07:27 AM
JDub23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by lexboi250
JDub, i'm in toronto too, which dealership do you go to?
I go to Don Valley. They did a great job on the camshaft problem I had so I'm going to book an appointment for this there too. I'll probably just get an ES350 like last time for a loaner.

Originally Posted by dappy
I just got my recall letter yesterday and made an appointment for next week. The Lexus rep said that they will need to service my vehicle for 2 days. When he told me to drive in with a near empty gas tank and claimed that they will provide a full tank as a courtesy, I was surprised yet excited about this recall. And that's not including getting a loaner vehicle for the duration of the service. What's the chance that I'll get an IS-F?

Lexboi, if you take your vehicle to Lexus of Richmond Hill they'll fill it up at Shell. It's located immediately adjacent to them. But, then again I can't guarantee that they will give you V-power. I can't see them being incompetent.
Oliver, did your letter state just the fuel delivery pipes or did it have all 3 things?
Old 02-13-09, 07:46 AM
albert_23
Pole Position

i went to lexus of bellevue and they filled my car with Chevron Supreme (I guess it's equivalent to Shell V-Power. I'm not sure about this since I usually fill it with Shell).
Old 02-13-09, 08:16 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

JDub, i'm taking my car to Don Valley too, they informed me that I needed it done, and my dealership didn't. They said that the Canadian cars are not affected, so mine was not affected, but they have to do it anyways. I got the letter yesterday saying i had to do all 3 things.

Dappy, i wish i can get the IS-F for loaner, LOL. It'll probably be an ES350, however, i dont mind driving the RX350 for a few days, never drove it before.
Old 02-13-09, 09:43 AM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

I wouldn't be all that concerned. One tank won't kill you, and worse comes to worst, ask them to provide a receipt if you need proof.
Old 02-13-09, 04:16 PM
clellandm
Driver School Candidate

The lot boys that run the cars to the gas station couldn't care less what goes in the tank or all over the side of the car.

When I took delivery of my 09 AWD they had filled the tank after the test drives. It didn't run as crisply as during the test drive, and my first thought was "low octane", so I ran the tank low before refilling with hi-test, and it has run much better ever since.
Old 02-14-09, 10:27 AM
GSE25
Lead Lap

This is insane, I called lexus of richmond hill yesterday to book an appointment for the 3 things, their earlist schedule for me is March 23rd!!!! They also did not tell me to go in with an empty fuel tank as well. As for them filling up premium, don't hold your breath. I've worked with dealerships before and can tell you straight away they will cheap out. Our economic situation isn't helping much either. And for the record, I refuse to go to don valley because of past experiences and their obvious reputation. I just wish there was a trustworthy and reliable dealership around Toronto.
Old 02-14-09, 10:56 AM
plusone
Pole Position

Whoa seems the wait seems drastically long. I called a North Park Lexus in SA and they told me that they will have to order the parts. So i was scheduled for the week after but 3 days later parts department called me and told me that my parts were in. Fast service and they haven't failed me yet.. Hopefully everything goes well next week with all 3 recalls done.
Old 02-14-09, 11:23 AM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

My IS350 is at Lexus of Orlando right now and hopefully will be back on Monday. As long as its filled with Premium, which it should, its fine with me.

I do love that they tried to give me a rental Impala instead of a Lexus courtesy car, I said no and, lo and behold, about 15 minutes later I drove off in a ES350.
Old 02-14-09, 11:46 AM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSE25
This is insane, I called lexus of richmond hill yesterday to book an appointment for the 3 things, their earlist schedule for me is March 23rd!!!! They also did not tell me to go in with an empty fuel tank as well. As for them filling up premium, don't hold your breath. I've worked with dealerships before and can tell you straight away they will cheap out. Our economic situation isn't helping much either. And for the record, I refuse to go to don valley because of past experiences and their obvious reputation. I just wish there was a trustworthy and reliable dealership around Toronto.
they didn't even tell me i had 3 recalls, Don vally did. I bought the car at richmond hill, and i'm not going back there anymore. The lady said my car was not affected by this, and the same day when i got home, i got the letter from lexus canada....
Old 02-14-09, 01:02 PM
dappy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDub23
Oliver, did your letter state just the fuel delivery pipes or did it have all 3 things?
I got a letter for all 3 recalls. I can't believe that the earliest date is now March 23rd. That's crazy! Luckily, I called them last week the next day after receiving the letter. I'm looking forward to my IS-F. Yah...right!

They didn't even tell me i had 3 recalls, Don vally did. I bought the car at richmond hill, and i'm not going back there anymore. The lady said my car was not affected by this, and the same day when i got home, i got the letter from lexus canada....
I called the dealership also to find out whether my vehicle was affected by the recall and they claimed it was not. So, I'm in same position as you. Looks like you can never trust the dealerships.
Old 02-16-09, 10:26 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

double post sorry
Old 02-16-09, 10:27 PM
lexboi250
Lexus Champion

Ok guys, I’m dropping off the car in the morning, will update on how everything went. I have a few other issues too,

i.e car shakes a bit when accelerating at slow speed up to about 50km, (it's been 2 month and dealership still have not gotten back to me, my mechanic said I need to change my axle shafts, that's what's causing the shake, covered under warranty).

also, when at a stop, foot on the brake and in drive gear, car vibrates a lot, feels like i have a vibrating seat, lol, again, dealer couldn’t tell me what caused it, and my mechanic says it's the transmission mount that needs to be replaced, which is also supposed to be covered under warranty,

and, my F-sport springs squeaks a bit sometimes when i get out of the car, so I’m gonna have them take a look at that (they fixed the clunk issue last time)

And I better not get an Impala or something as a rental, as I've always been giving the ES350

Quick Reply: should I trust my dealership to fill gas in the car?