ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Can someone help recommend a grille like.... (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/403201-can-someone-help-recommend-a-grille-like.html)

patrick323 01-16-09 01:15 AM

Can someone help recommend a grille like....

I am new to the forums. I've had my 07 is250 for a year and a half. I began with some audio upgrades with ipod integration through nav/steering control buttons. I recently purchased a Greddy sp2 and an Fsport intake. At this point I'm addicted. I see many aftermarket grilles and few are to my liking. I certainly want to stay away from ebay-like flakes that wont fit properly.

My ideal grille is from nextmod (www.nextmod.com) but they are discontinued.

I'm also a huge fan of the asanti grilles though I'm not willing to spend 1600.

Can someone recommend an affordable grille similar to the nextmod?

I'd be eternally grateful.

ISCjonny 01-16-09 01:38 AM

carson tuned or lx-mode grill

Rash 01-16-09 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by is350jonny (Post 4168026)
carson tuned or lx-mode grill

Carson Tuned mesh grill is discontinued, if you want something similar to nextmod, you can find it on ebay.

I suggest is350jonny's LX-mode grill :D

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/h...theoryAIC2.jpg

hapaboy 01-16-09 03:14 AM

i so want that with the emblem! chea!

acefalcon2 01-16-09 03:51 AM

those are really the only grilles lying around.. what colour is your car..... i have the ebay ones.. painted 212.... if you want i could sell those to you... thinking of modding the stock grilles..

AZ06IS350 01-16-09 06:22 AM

Saving my pennies to replace my chrome billet grilles with the LX Mode upper and lower chrome grilles...

350ISRYDER 01-16-09 10:38 AM

LX-Mode...

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by patrick323 (Post 4168004)
I am new to the forums. I've had my 07 is250 for a year and a half. I began with some audio upgrades with ipod integration through nav/steering control buttons. I recently purchased a Greddy sp2 and an Fsport intake. At this point I'm addicted. I see many aftermarket grilles and few are to my liking. I certainly want to stay away from ebay-like flakes that wont fit properly.

LX-MODE...it looks clean and not 2 ricey!:thumbup:

600rr05 01-16-09 11:19 AM

I actually spoke to a rep at nextmod and they stated they will offer something like this again sometime in Feb.

Originally Posted by patrick323 (Post 4168004)

Mister T 01-16-09 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Rashoodz (Post 4168029)
I suggest is350jonny's LX-mode grill :D

:agree: Jonny's LX-mode grill in gunmetal is the nicest I've seen on a 2IS.

patrick323 01-18-09 04:27 PM

I am really really having a hard time NOT purchasing this asanti grill. It's so clean and classy looking. My is250 is silver (tungsten pearl I believe they call it). The new exhaust shows a lot of chrome from the back. I dont think having a chrome grille would be too much chrome or would it? I dislike the chrome billet grilles. I liked the picture posted of the black IS with LX-mode without the chrome edge.

Can someone do a grill swap themselves? I have NO experience with this. THough I am smart, patient and follow instructions well. Or should I have a professional do it? I havent a clue what all is entailed.

What does everyone thing of the asanti (especially on my "tungsten" colored IS)? Maybe enough negative input could keep me from spending so much though I found a company willing to sell one for $1175 or something.

acefalcon2 01-18-09 05:43 PM

i say for the 1175 get the LX-Mode... seriously.... looks great... it's easy to actually install it yourself.... but if you insist.... i think it's a little too muich... just... my 2 cents... yeah

blklexo818 01-18-09 07:46 PM

keep ur stock grille and paint the whole thing black, like how i did :)

600rr05 01-18-09 09:20 PM

If i had to choose between asanti grill or LX-Mode for sure LX mode over asanti. Just IMO i dont like that type of grill on the IS.

Rash 01-18-09 10:33 PM

Asanti is way too expensive. there is something similar to it. http://www.wooddashexperts.com/custo...at=8749&page=1 But I don't like it.

Get the LX-Mode, gunmetal.

patrick323 01-19-09 01:17 AM

Can someone recommend a good place to get a good price on an LX-mode grill?

I'm only coming up with the carson tuned, which is discontinued.