Throttle Body Cleaning? - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Throttle Body Cleaning?

Old 06-29-11, 04:51 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by binh View Post
i go to lexus of bellevue also. they are recommending differential, fuel injectors, and throttle body and i'm only at 33k. doesn't sound right at all. from reading other threads, seems like it is common for them to do so.
charging for unneeded services (ones even the owners manual never calls for, like any work on the diff), is how they pay for the nice starbucks and food and flat-screens in the waiting areas.
Old 06-29-11, 04:53 PM
Defender46
Driver

diff not so much, but the the throttle body/induction flush or injector flush every 30k is normal, especially on the 250's
Old 06-30-11, 01:16 PM
binh
Rookie

Originally Posted by Defender46 View Post
diff not so much, but the the throttle body/induction flush or injector flush every 30k is normal, especially on the 250's
what about on a 350?
Old 06-30-11, 01:19 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by binh View Post
what about on a 350?
No... and I can't imagine why the previous poster suggests something like an "injector flush" is good on a 250 either.

The only 250-specific issue would be the carbon buildup one, which is related to the fact that unlike the 350, fuel never touches some valve parts... which would have nothing to do with an injector flush (or cleaning your TB for that matter...)
Old 04-13-17, 01:47 PM
aarifudd
Driver School Candidate

Cool

Originally Posted by AZ06IS350 View Post
Nope, not worth it for that much. Like the others have said, you can do it yourself for the cost of the Throttle Body Cleaner spray. As for the fuel injectors, there should not be a problem with those at 50k especially if you're using premium fuel like you're supposed to.

Lexus in houston advised me 432 dollars for the cleaning at 38k miles and 315 dollars for brake pads for front to be replaced.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Throttle Body Cleaning?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: