IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Squeaky, Creaky, Rattles in the IS Dash

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-08, 07:15 AM
hothummer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is250 glovebox rattle

I inserted some foam weatherstripping under the front of my glovebox, directly underneath the bottom part... put in 2 little pieces and the rattles went away. I think it has to do with the crappy plastic shelving unit they put in there..

Definitely more rattles when it is cold..
Old 12-03-08, 09:13 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ NO its the dash! Great quality in a Lexus to have the Dash Rattle when its cold. My GS does it also, not nearly as much as the IS did, but still worse then any MFG I have had in the past. My Acura TL was better then this
Old 12-03-08, 11:09 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ NO its the dash! Great quality in a Lexus to have the Dash Rattle when its cold. My GS does it also, not nearly as much as the IS did, but still worse then any MFG I have had in the past. My Acura TL was better then this
at least we're better off than the 1st gen G35
Old 12-03-08, 12:04 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had many rattles for a week, then realized it was the tictacs in the sunglasses holder which I forgot about
Old 12-03-08, 12:25 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how many TSIB's do we have regarding rattles? I think its time for a trip to the dealer..
Old 12-03-08, 02:33 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ here you go again attacking me with my post?

the OP doesnt have an 08 model year so why are you referencing something different?

I speak from experience from having several different Acura makes/models. They are not perfect and I am sorry the IS is not better the the TL was. Maybe? you had a bad one as you are telling me that maybe I had a bad one becuase it was 06-07? I guess that makes it okay that I had issues with mine since it was with in that year range?

If you dont like what I post then dont respond and move on! I am not going to be biased because this is a Lexus site and say I drive the greatest car. I do like my car but it has some similar problems that the IS did, not as bad but still not good IMO.

Stop the personal attacks against me....
Old 12-03-08, 02:50 PM
08Lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by Technique
Wow... My 2007 IS350 dash is squeaking and rattling like crazy now that the weather is cold... I am going to have to put a 1/2" piece of rubber tubing in between the dash and the windshield and hope that fixes it, but I am not sure it will be enough... I can press on certain parts of the dash and some of the rattles/squeaks stop, but man, it's gotten really bad lately

Car used to be whisper quiet!
Funny that you mentioned this. Mine did the same too. It had this squeaky styrofoam noise around the gauge cluster area. The dealer just fixed it today without pulling out the dash... which is good. But definitely get it checked because it sure as heck is annoying as hell.
Old 12-03-08, 02:57 PM
08Lexus250
Rookie

Originally Posted by meowCat
My Acura TL rattled on the door panel like crazy *** after 8000 miles, had nothing to do with temperatures. It did it in the summer, fall, winter, didn't matter.

The dashboard mounted like crap, giving huge *** uneven gap, which can be observed by opening the front doors and look at how the dash is mounted. I verified it with another TL and Type-S at the dealer. My TL rattled like crazy wankey in the rear cabin nearby sub... Started giving 3rd gear synchro problems after 50 miles. It made repetitive squeaking sound under the front hood. The service guy says it's coming near the timing belt which is common problem with the TL but they didn't have the fix to it at the time. Don't you tell me the Acura TL has better build quality than the Lexus IS350. Every post of yours been either real negative or being opposite. Some other members have noted the same about your behavior... A lot of your posts are like sh#t for the past several months. It's the piece of sh#t vehicle I would never go back to. The only thing I liked about the car was the styling, handling, and having manual tranny.

Perhaps the IS350 rattle problem you were having was with the '06~ '07 model. There has been improvement in this regard on the '08+ model. Your source of information is unreliable and completely worthless.

lol sorry I just read this and felt the need to respond... Mike is just offering his opinion based on his previous experience with the car. There is no need to target him. In case you didn't notice this is a forum where ppl contribute their personal thoughts.
Old 12-03-08, 03:14 PM
kattanh3
Lexus Test Driver

i've been facing the same issue since i got the car and it's much worst at winter... TSIBs are not an option over here, I would like to know how i can make that dash rattle go away
Old 12-03-08, 03:42 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Do you guys get rattle on the rear deck with the bass on the highest setting? no matter what level of volume im listening to, if the bass is on the highest setting I hear even the slightest rattle.

and meowCat, this is a online forum.... people are gonna express their thoughts on their vehicles, good or bad
Old 12-03-08, 03:51 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 08Lexus250
Funny that you mentioned this. Mine did the same too. It had this squeaky styrofoam noise around the gauge cluster area. The dealer just fixed it today without pulling out the dash... which is good. But definitely get it checked because it sure as heck is annoying as hell.
Do you have any details on how the dealer fixed the noise around the gauge cluster?
Old 12-03-08, 03:52 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gc86
Do you guys get rattle on the rear deck with the bass on the highest setting? no matter what level of volume im listening to, if the bass is on the highest setting I hear even the slightest rattle.

and meowCat, this is a online forum.... people are gonna express their thoughts on their vehicles, good or bad
If you have ML, then your sub is blown. This is a common problem. Mine is blown as well.
Old 12-03-08, 03:54 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by meowCat
This ain't the first time. He's been doing this EVERY TIME, for many many times in the past. Some of his posts don't even make sense. Do I need to pull out all the posts of conflict we had in the past? I don't know if I want to waste my time on this. I'm not gonna discuss about this anymore as this will turn into a flame thread.

Guys, try to ignore this guy. It is a suggestion.

I saw nothing wrong with his post...yours, on the other hand, was completely insane.

My 06 IS350 has rattled since the day it was new, and has been very disappointing in that regard. Lexus is a brand known for it's solid construction, and it's embarrassing to hear rattles coming from several locations whenever I'm in the car.

Rattles are a nitpick item to some people, and a big deal to others. For me, they make a car seem like it lacks quality. This is why this is probably my last Lexus, despite all of the great things about the car.

There's NOTHING WRONG with voicing these opinions here, and with Lexus. If we do not ask for pre-2006 build quality on Lexus' current cars, then they have no reason to get the rattle problems resolved.
Old 12-03-08, 04:08 PM
gc86
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by VikH
If you have ML, then your sub is blown. This is a common problem. Mine is blown as well.
Non-ML here, the sub still performs very nicely so I doubt its blown.
Old 12-03-08, 05:38 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's keep it civil here guys... I know rattles/squeaks are annoying, so tempers can flare, but let's keep it civil

Quick Reply: Squeaky, Creaky, Rattles in the IS Dash