IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

transferring cell phone data to Lexus ?? how can I do this??

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-08, 05:32 PM
heathere
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default transferring cell phone data to Lexus ?? how can I do this??

Have you been successful in transferring your phone book from your cell phone to your Lexus phone book? I tried doing this..but don't think I am doing it right. When I try to do this, my phones bluetooth connection to the Lexus gets disconnected and my mobile phone appears to being doing nothing. The Lexus screen will shows an image of a phone and appear as if it is transferring data, but it says something like, "Please transmit phone data from the mobile phone". Is it asking me to do this? and how would I do this.
Old 07-15-08, 05:58 PM
Stealth.GS
Rookie

I'm waiting for the answer to this question as well....I've always blamed the problem on my cell but I guess not...
Old 07-15-08, 06:04 PM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I got my ipod installed and all the goodies that come with that . The guy transfered my cell phone in a heart beat( i have a blackberry 8830). You go to were you would normal transfer your phone book and then you have to do something on your phone. He did it super quick but it took less than two minutes. He was real sneaky about it. Sorry i cant help

Someone on the forum knows how im sure
Old 07-15-08, 06:10 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

What cell phone and which wireless provider?
Old 07-15-08, 06:15 PM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

This might help.
Old 07-15-08, 07:00 PM
Supremeng
Rookie

you should make sure your bluetooth phone is "discoverable". i had the same problem and i just fixed it yesterday by changing it to the yes setting. i have a blackberry pearl 8100.
Old 07-15-08, 07:23 PM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

i think while it's transfering, my cell bluetooth turns off by itself. is that suppose to happen?

How long does it take to transfer?

Last edited by TLe2006; 07-15-08 at 07:37 PM.
Old 07-15-08, 08:49 PM
sith120
Rookie

I have a Treo wx and I have to beam the information to the car to transfer the phone book
Old 07-16-08, 04:14 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ThoLe
i think while it's transfering, my cell bluetooth turns off by itself. is that suppose to happen?

How long does it take to transfer?
As I said earlier, perhaps not too effectively, it is worthless to ask these types of questions without stating which cell phone and which provider you are using. The bluetooth implementations are different in different phones, and are often customized by the providers (e.g. Verizon Wireless disabled the ability to transfer the phonebook in some of their phones)
Old 07-16-08, 05:12 AM
Kris Laes
Driver School Candidate

Once your car has discovered your phone, you have to transfer phonebook info over bluetooth.
Some phones have the optioin of transferring the whole phonebook over bluetooth at once, some don't. My Nokia 6500 slide for example can only transfer contacts over bluetooth one by one, the salesman took my sim card and put it in his phone as his could transfer the whole phonebook at once.

To beam contacts over bluetooth, it depends on the phone, but on my nokia I have to open a contact's data in the contacts menu and then in options there is an option "beam contact". That one opens a menu where I can select bluetooth.
Old 07-16-08, 05:46 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Bichon
As I said earlier, perhaps not too effectively, it is worthless to ask these types of questions without stating which cell phone and which provider you are using. The bluetooth implementations are different in different phones, and are often customized by the providers (e.g. Verizon Wireless disabled the ability to transfer the phonebook in some of their phones)
Motorizr z6tv from verizon.
Old 07-16-08, 05:50 AM
Katin2
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the Blackberry on Verizon once you have paired the device with the Car you have to to go Options - Bluetooth - then select the Hands Free - then click the key on the left side of the trackball and select transfer phone book.

Thats if you have a blackberry !!!
Old 07-16-08, 01:44 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by ThoLe
Motorizr z6tv from verizon.
I think this one works the same way as my Verizon V9M -- which means the contacts have to be transferred one at a time.

Bring up the contacts list on the phone and highlight the one you want to send. Press the "Options" softkey and scroll down to "Send name card", and select it. This will bring up a menu -- pick "Bluetooth", hit the center button again to accept the name of the contact, and then pick the bluetooth entry for the car off the menu, but don't press the center button yet. Now go to the car, and get it ready to accept the transfer. When the car tells you to start your transfer, press the center button on the phone, and the contact will be transferred.
Old 08-16-08, 06:52 PM
nammysu
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone had any luck with Verizon's Samsung SCH-i760?
Old 08-16-08, 07:57 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

i think there is a list of compatible phones on the lexus website that will tell u wat each phone can do. it might not be updated so u can let lexus know if ur phone works if ur phone is not on the list.

Quick Reply: transferring cell phone data to Lexus ?? how can I do this??