My AirRunner suspension story !!! some pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-08, 08:09 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My AirRunner suspension story !!! some pics

Hey everyone,

I ordered my Air runner suspension like 3 months ago. First thing they told me was that its going to be ready in 2 weeks and will take 3 weeks to arrive here because its coming all the way from Japan.

After the 2 weeks past I called them in Japan and they told me that the kit for my car is not available in stock and they have to make them,...F@*K. Why they did not tell me that when I ordered it and paid over $7000 for this $h!t ((for those who is going to start flaming and stuff. yes it cost me $7000 and no i did not get ripped off. the regular manual kit for the IS350 cost $4900, I go it for $4200 + I got the pan tank instead of the regular pan+ digital control unit + H.A.M.R the management control system + the remote control kit + the Shipping and handling + Custom %15 for all auto parts + Custom 8% for parts coming from Japan = $7000 to the door. oh, btw , I live in Canada)) ., I dont know. Anyway and after a long long time my kit arrived after 2 MONTHS. I was crazy by then already but at the same time happy so I will be pimping in it soon.

The guys at the shop start installing the suspension and guess what?.. F@*K, the suspension did not fit right for the front and wayyyyyyy off for the back, they sent me BY MISTAKE the GS350 instead of the IS350 kit. F@*K F@CK. just imagine after all the waiting you hear that, and it gets worse, the do not have the IS350 suspension ready!! that means I have to wait for it another 2 MONTHS !!!!!!

They suggested to fix it ourself in the shop since the problem is that the kit for the GS350 and IS350 is the same kit and the have multi-holes and they attached the pin in the wrong hole, so all what we have to do is just take the pin off and reattach it in the right hole, but that would cancel the 1year warrenty.

F@*K I was almost going to cry then. Suddenly they called me and they said that they can replace the head of the suspension and its available in California. So I had to wait for it and my car still in the air untill it arrived from California.

Finally, the part arrived yesterday after along hold by the CUSTOM and they started installing the rest of the kit and hopfully it will be done by the weekend. I am praying nothing goes wrong tho.

Here is some pics, and I will try to post the rest of the pics when they finish installing the kit.

Old 05-23-08, 08:23 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear all that! Hopefully everything will work out in the end. Post some pics when you get the suspension fully installed and working
Old 05-23-08, 08:27 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Alex350
Sorry to hear all that! Hopefully everything will work out in the end. Post some pics when you get the suspension fully installed and working
sure man! Iam dying of waiting here I cant wasit till I got to those bad boys and pimp them out loool
Old 05-23-08, 08:32 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

I am so sorry to hear, coming from someone that has had their share of bad experiences, I really do feel your frustration and disappointment.
Old 05-23-08, 08:39 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by -MILTDOG-
I am so sorry to hear, coming from someone that has had their share of bad experiences, I really do feel your frustration and disappointment.
Trust me, 2 months of waiting kills . Man, I was counting day by day
Old 05-23-08, 08:49 PM
camberSC
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BlackGhost
Trust me, 2 months of waiting kills . Man, I was counting day by day
Try a year for a engine swap that never happened, it was a halfassed job, the mechanic did not know what he was doing...... and I got the ****en run around for a full year, and this was by KAAZ usa. Bastards, I lost about 3K to them.....
Old 05-23-08, 08:59 PM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by -MILTDOG-
Try a year for a engine swap that never happened, it was a halfassed job, the mechanic did not know what he was doing...... and I got the ****en run around for a full year, and this was by KAAZ usa. Bastards, I lost about 3K to them.....
Oh god man, I feel you.

If i was me, I think I would have been in a mental hospital by now> I hate when big companies do that.
Old 05-23-08, 09:42 PM
jns350
Lexus Champion

Wow that some serious $$$$ for a suspension mod....For 7K they better fly over to Canada to personaly apologize to you. Hope it all pays off in the end after the install is finnish. Post some pics with the adjustments in height you can get with the runners. Good Luck
Old 05-23-08, 10:32 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

dang why didnt you just buy it from one of the dealers in the U.S and not Japan??? you know their sub-office is in California right? Anaheim to be exact
Old 05-23-08, 10:38 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Damm 7k wow i think you could of done better with umm dealers in the US. Plus. You could also save a few bucks and like road trip down to the states and pick it up :P and spend that extra cash as a vacation they better compensate you somehow
Old 05-24-08, 12:20 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

shoulda bought local... you shoulda bought local.. oh well.. hope it all works out for you in the end. I can't imagine spending 7k on some imported japanese air suspension. There must be local brands that are just as good for way less.
Old 05-24-08, 07:28 AM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by anotherLS
dang why didnt you just buy it from one of the dealers in the U.S and not Japan??? you know their sub-office is in California right? Anaheim to be exact
They did not want to give me a discount.

I got a discount because my car was the first IS350 in canada
Old 05-24-08, 07:30 AM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Drunkebuda
Damm 7k wow i think you could of done better with umm dealers in the US. Plus. You could also save a few bucks and like road trip down to the states and pick it up :P and spend that extra cash as a vacation they better compensate you somehow
nah. I tried, they did not want to give discount. plus they did not have it in stock also and they would have to wait till it come all the way from Japan. Basiclly the same thing but more expensive .
Old 05-24-08, 07:36 AM
BlackGhost
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ba-b4
shoulda bought local... you shoulda bought local.. oh well.. hope it all works out for you in the end. I can't imagine spending 7k on some imported japanese air suspension. There must be local brands that are just as good for way less.
I was thinking about the UAS suspension. It cost $2500 but the quality is not even close to the Air runner.

I have a Lexus not a civic. If I am going to buy sonmething, the quality should be fair for the car. Plus, if it was a different mod, I would have thought about it, but this is suspension, and SAFTY is my first consurn and than look. Imagine I got some carp air bag suspension to save some money and than In the Hwy or a curve the bag explode and my car role over. I will end up paying more than $20000 if not my life.

Basiclly ,this is how I see it. I might be wrong, but at lease I feel safe.
Old 05-24-08, 07:41 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

that is a bad @$$ setup! i like how the tank is flush and hidden

Quick Reply: My AirRunner suspension story !!! some pics