IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Loaner Car for an Oil Change?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 08:04 PM
elmerrox
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahh, i see, well i should schedule one and take it in also, i should mention the excessive brake dust, i hope they change the pads too.
Old 03-17-08, 08:40 PM
hihi410
Lead Lap

I got a loaner for my last 10k oil change service along with TSIB brake pads and rattle fix.

I dropped the car off at 7am and they called me at 4pm, but due to my work schedule they agreed to let me return it the next morning. Free of charge of course.

I had the car from 7am to 10am next morning, no hassle, no wait and most of all.....vaccum but no wash! Sadly to say that I requested no wash. After my first 5k service with the wash, I came home with tons of swirvel marks. Took me a while to buff it out.

Forgot to mention, I got a 07 ES350 for a loaner car. Not bad, but just too big after being used to my IS.
Old 03-17-08, 10:58 PM
DaWhole9
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had my car in 3 times....One IS250 with the X package and Nav (no ML)....One IS350 Lux package and Nav (No ML) and on IS350...all were under 300 miles...the ES350 had 600 miles....The dealer will pretty much pick what they have available...The seem to have IS, ES, and RX loaners.
Old 03-18-08, 12:35 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

always an option when I get serviced at my dealership.
Old 03-18-08, 06:49 PM
iialcii
Lexus Champion

yup. got an RX then a ES, not bad i like the lexus customer service
Old 03-18-08, 06:51 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Most do not give loaners for oil changes, but I've found a few who do.
Just keep calling around to ask.
Old 03-19-08, 09:53 AM
tex2670
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RTGS400
Brand new RX's and ES's are pretty sweet loaner cars. At least you're not getting an enterprise or hertz loaner car. Our dealership has a fleet of like 100 cars, and our monthly bill for them is about 50k, plus insurance. We have a few 400h loaners, and a few IS loaners also, but those are limited. Id say the simple fact that you get another Lexus as a loaner is pretty awesome.
My dealer has ES350s, RX350s and IS250AWDs. They do pick and drop off, but you need to schedule that a few weeks in advance. I only have 7500 miles, so I'm not sure if the have a 2 hr cutoff--my Acura dealer used to have that.

Those rental car arrangements can really suck. My co-worker has an Audi Q7, brought it in for service, and they gave him a PT Cruiser...
Old 03-19-08, 10:19 AM
AB_
Driver School Candidate

I just sit there and enjoy the free food
Old 03-19-08, 10:34 AM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think it all depends on the dealership and the service advisor you get. I take my car to Tustin Lexus and have gotten to know the service advisor, Iman really well. Even if the oil change is only half an hour, all I gotta do is tell Iman I can't wait that long and the keys to an RX or ES is in my hands. I sometimes take a loaner even if I can wait because I don't want to put miles on my car while I run some errands. Plus, Tustin Lexus never asks me to refill the tank when I'm done. Now that's !
Old 03-19-08, 10:59 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

If it's just for an oil change, I would rather lounge around in the waiting area, watch some game shows on TV, and scarf down some free donuts and coffee. I am really picky about leaving my car unattended after the service is done....who knows who/what can hit/scratch it while it's parked in the service lot??

I'll probably look into getting a loaner on my major services though.
Old 03-19-08, 11:15 AM
Shoganai
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AB_
I just sit there and enjoy the free food
I usually grab something to go... like a bottle water then off in the loaner car
Old 03-19-08, 02:29 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by inxexisten
well you are lucky.. i didn't get a loaner car even for my 8 hour wait to get lojack installed... i was pissed...well i guess they wouldn't trust an 18 year old but they didn't even offer a ride home...I guess they didn't want to drive from tustin to yorba linda....
Because the loaners are on a fleet insurance account, this prohibits them from loaning a car to anyone under 21. many rental car places are like this as well. Some states like AZ allow under 21 (min age 18) to rent, but with a huge premium.
Old 03-19-08, 02:33 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Little E
If it's just for an oil change, I would rather lounge around in the waiting area, watch some game shows on TV, and scarf down some free donuts and coffee. I am really picky about leaving my car unattended after the service is done....who knows who/what can hit/scratch it while it's parked in the service lot??

I'll probably look into getting a loaner on my major services though.
I enjoy the waiting area at Lexus of Orland, fast WIFI, fridge is always filled with every kind of soda, Otis Spunkmeyer cookies, plasmas everywhere, and the ladies that work in the reception area are always attractive (LOL). I beleive this dealer is two years old. The former one use to be across the street and now the Toyota delaer has expanded into it. Both owned by same family. Now that I think of it, I recently had a valet sticker in my car with an advertisement for Lexus of Schaumburg, IL being the biggest in the world as stated on the plackard. Anyone know if this is true?
Old 03-19-08, 04:04 PM
as3.0cl
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by elmerrox
ahh, i see, well i should schedule one and take it in also, i should mention the excessive brake dust, i hope they change the pads too.
mine is at the dealer now, i complained about the brakes and they are replacing them and the car has 20k on it. also my dash is ripped apart for the sqeak tsib, and the doors are ripped off because they rattle. and the center console is apart for the noise filter.....it's been there for two days, and idk how much longer

my dads GS350 is getting the vvti controller replaced because i made that horrible start up sound. so his has been there for two days....and doens't know how much longer.

i just want my car back. they gave us two loaners, my fathr had to sign off on one because i'm not 21....which is stupid but thats the reason why we oth went in. even though i bought the car myself they are very reluctant on giving me a loaner. but w/e i get one anyways.....time to beet on the ES350 some more.
Old 03-19-08, 04:55 PM
702/350
Driver

Default Loaners always !

Every time I've dropped my car off @ d-ship I've explained I work 12 hr shifts getting of past midnight, always, and that a loaner is def' nec' . Besides it's Lexus they have a fleet of loaners for their "customers" of which we are ,just be direct.

Quick Reply: Loaner Car for an Oil Change?