ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Question before I commit (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/338445-question-before-i-commit.html)

LexInTex 02-25-08 11:40 PM

Question before I commit

Hi all, Been lurking the forum for about 2 weeks. This weekend I plan to go buy my IS250 but have a couple of questions that I cant seem to find accurate answer for. I searched before I posted and even looked in the pricing thread but the prices are pretty much from 2006.
My question is, Am I getting a decent deal, or should I be getting more for this price.

Model: IS250 4DR Sedan
Year: 2008
Miles: 10
Trans: Auto
Color: Black ext. Grey int.

Does NOT come with Nav, Heated seats, HID. Basically a base car.

Quote reads: Base Price 32,500.00
Total Price after TTL (Texas) - $34,788.00

Should I, or can I be getting more for the price? Thanks in advance.

Little E 02-25-08 11:57 PM

Yes! I got my 2008 IS250 RWD w/ an upgraded package (nav, heated seats, 18" wheels, ect) for $35,500 off the lot (including tax, title, license) w/ 11 miles on it. You have to play hard ball with some dealers. I got the price that I did because I got some lower quotes for other dealers out of town, and then I brought them into my local dealer. I threatened to buy from an "out of town" dealer if they couldn't match or beat the other prices quoted. Lets just say...I got my way! Do your homework...shop around!

LexInTex 02-26-08 12:01 AM

Thats what I need to do, locate more dealers and ask for a couple of quotes. Thanks for the info...

more info is welcome/needed.

Little E 02-26-08 12:10 AM

I don't know if they have autoland in texas? Autoland is ran through credit unions, and if you belong to a credit union they will help you find your dream car at a good price...they do the bargining for you and deliver your car on a flatbed. (check out autoland.com)
I was going to buy from autoland, but my local dealer beat their price.

elmerrox 02-26-08 01:24 AM

i got mines for 34377 including ttl, i showed them my costco card and i got a deal and said, "well if i cant get a deal here, ill go to another dealership." thats when i got up and headed out, and the dude chased me and said, "DEAL."

4U2eNv_8o8 02-26-08 01:58 AM

Yea. You might want to bargain a little more. I got heated/cooling seats and HID for about $34,000(This was for my IS250 of course:p).

meefer 02-26-08 02:37 AM

Official discount poll thread

That's what I used as a reference. As a notice, I got a premium package (heated seats, wood trim, HID, AFS, 18" wheels) 2007 IS250 for $33K OTD.

sktn77a 02-26-08 04:54 AM

Go to KBB.com and look up the invoice price of the car with all of the options. Bargain up from about $50 above this invoice but expect to pay ~500 above (if you start at $500 over invoice, you'll end up paying more )

LexInTex 02-26-08 10:30 AM

Thanks for the info so far guys. I spoke with a dealer in Houston and referenced a couple of the deals I saw on here. I mentioned that for the 34k range I should at least get HID/Heated-Cooled Seats. The salesman said that these deals I speak of are not possible here in this region (TX) especially with NAV. :uh:

Im looking to buy it this weekend so if anyone from Tex got more bang for the buck and would like to refer their dealer to me it'd be appreciated.

Evitzee 02-26-08 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by LexInTex (Post 3310307)
Thanks for the info so far guys. I spoke with a dealer in Houston and referenced a couple of the deals I saw on here. I mentioned that for the 34k range I should at least get HID/Heated-Cooled Seats. The salesman said that these deals I speak of are not possible here in this region (TX) especially with NAV. :uh:

Im looking to buy it this weekend so if anyone from Tex got more bang for the buck and would like to refer their dealer to me it'd be appreciated.

I bought my IS in Houston in August 2006, and based on my experience and what others have written on CL, dealers in Houston are not as eager to cut prices compared to places like CA. That's just the way the market is in TX, there are only four dealers in the Houston area to cover the huge market (and two dealers are owned by the same group), so they don't need to discount the product. Get the invoice price of the car and the options which will give you the rock bottom invoice price, and then negotiate up from there. But expect pushback from the dealer, they won't want to come down too much from MSRP. You'll have to find an agreeable spot in the middle. There have been a few who have gotten very good prices in the Houston market, but it is more of 'being in the right place at the right time' than normal operating conditions for this market. This area needs one or two more Lexus dealers, but the ones already here seem to have blocked out any interlopers, imo.

A general rule is: If you can get the car OTD (out the door) for the MSRP sticker price you are doing 'ok' in the Houston area. If you can do better than that, good. See if they will throw in the tint, clear mats, clear bra or other high priced dealer add ons in the price.

iialcii 02-26-08 11:21 AM

aim for 33 OTD but you can always do better just need to search. 07 MT HID/afs accessory pack /18's wheels+ wx mats 7 miles. 31500 OTD basically 28,xxx plus tax and license. since urs is AT 31500+1000=32500 or near that price is considered pretty good imo

chums 02-26-08 11:44 AM

Props for mentioning you should get HIDs/heated seats, at least, imo. i would maybe push for a rear spoiler (unless you dont want it) and like some have said, tint. all-weather floor mats, as well.

then again, i dont really know how things work in houston, but its what id do up here in wa state :uh:

LexInTex 02-26-08 01:06 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys. I spoke with my salesman and mentioned to him that my purchase will be done this weekend and one dealer in Houston is giving me a few more add ons than what I'm getting with said salesman. I told him that they offered tint, clear bra, and rear spoiler for the exact same price. I told him to match that and add the GFX kit and they'll have my $34k cash this weekend. He is going to speak with his manager and get back to me. I'll keep you posted.

Little E 02-26-08 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by LexInTex (Post 3310753)
Thanks for all the replies guys. I spoke with my salesman and mentioned to him that my purchase will be done this weekend and one dealer in Houston is giving me a few more add ons than what I'm getting with said salesman. I told him that they offered tint, clear bra, and rear spoiler for the exact same price. I told him to match that and add the GFX kit and they'll have my $34k cash this weekend. He is going to speak with his manager and get back to me. I'll keep you posted.

Good Luck! I hope you get what you want! ;)

Brian231 02-26-08 01:26 PM

Same goes in the Chicagoland area, looks like Cali residents have more buying leverage.