ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Foggy windows! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/330991-foggy-windows.html)

andyboy 01-21-08 11:33 AM

Foggy windows!

I'm getting a little tired of the windows always fogging up! There's not even a hint of moisture in the air and the windows always seem to fog up. Just a pain in the a$$ :mad:

slee18 01-21-08 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by andyboy (Post 3211872)
I'm getting a little tired of the windows always fogging up! There's not even a hint of moisture in the air and the windows always seem to fog up. Just a pain in the a$$ :mad:

turn on your A\C for awhile that should remove the moisture in the car. ;)

Brian231 01-21-08 11:43 AM

Yes,

Mine does that bad as well. Especially the rear window. I live in Chicago, so I have to be use to this. Do not use any anti-fog nonesense, that will cause moisture to freeze on the intertior windows and also will streak bad. You just have to be patient with the defrost, tha's all.

Joneser 01-21-08 11:43 AM

Here is a quick fix for you. I know it sounds weird, but make sure your "A/C" button is on in the climate menu when you have the heat on. It acts as a dehumidifier (sic). I learned this when I first picked my car up from the Parts and Service Rep. who ran me through the demo of the buttons in the car. I had never heard of it before but i have had no issues (well except when it is nasty cold when first warming the car up. I live in Chicago, trust me)

shaolin 01-21-08 11:50 AM

i always have to keep my defroster on in the morning 70% time to keep it not fogging.

I've tried turn a/c on around 68 degree. It helps but not 100%.

andyboy 01-21-08 11:56 AM

Well this has never happened to any of my other cars in the past. Just weird that it happening to Lexus.

Wont A/C use more of your gas?

sirCharles 01-21-08 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by andyboy (Post 3211956)
Well this has never happened to any of my other cars in the past. Just weird that it happening to Lexus.

Wont A/C use more of your gas?

not for the small amount of time to rid the moisture.

This used to happen all the time in my Corolla. But I cannot remember it happening in the IS. Surely it is a product of the environment and weather.

HBcubs 01-21-08 12:20 PM

I've noticed this excessive fog on the windows too. I've had two previous cars before my Lexus and I've never had to defog my windows as much as I do on this car.

Perhaps the reason for this is because the fit and finish on this car is so good that it prevents the air inside the car from easily escaping the vehicle..........I have no idea what I'm talking about. :confused:

Scottina08 01-21-08 12:21 PM

yuo have the system on recirculate instead of bringing in fresh air. Just switch the buttons. There are two buttons with arrows on them. On the recirculate the arrows go arounsd the car and on the fresh air button the arrow comes thru the front windshield.

Joneser 01-21-08 12:28 PM

Uh gas?

loosing a mile to the gallon so i can see isn't a bad thing. Doing the math that would cost me about.... 4 or 5 bucks per fill up in the winter.

I think its worth versus thousands in damage from not seeing the old man in the buick changing lanes ;)

wolverine 01-21-08 01:44 PM

yea i fogs up for no reason sometimes. one time it fogged up quick and i turned on the climate control and it took forever to turn on. there I was sitting at a green light cant see anything with people honking at me. it took a good ten seconds for the fan to get going.

iSuxeL 01-21-08 01:56 PM

Its called wiping down your window properly. When its dirty it will do it.

Irishfan 01-21-08 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by iSuxeL (Post 3212365)
Its called wiping down your window properly. When its dirty it will do it.

This.

Especially clean the insides of your windows...people don't realize how much junk builds up over time.

Also, if you want to cut it down ever further, use Rain-X on both the outsides and insides.

FiveOhNine 01-21-08 02:12 PM

GO IRISH!

On another note, try a search on rain-x to see if you really want to be using it on your car.

Irishfan 01-21-08 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine (Post 3212413)
GO IRISH!

:D

Originally Posted by FiveOhNine (Post 3212413)
On another note, try a search on rain-x to see if you really want to be using it on your car.

????

Crap, seriously? I wasn't aware of anything. Then again, it's not like I've tried looking. Now you've got me all worried.

Any specific articles to share? I've been using it on all my cars for about 2 years...rumor has it that it's nothing more than isopropyl, but for $2/bottle, why not.