IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-09, 05:09 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by bullet1
I feel for you trying to sell in this market though. Definitely a buyers market. I bought my 07 350 w/ 24,000 miles on it for $31K from a dealer. I think I got a decent deal.
you did good, they lost money on the car

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I can't believe I am having so much trouble selling my car. I have never had such a hard time selling something. I mean hell this is a car that stickered new for $38,xxx and I can't get $25000 for it with 30K miles. That is less than 1/3 what I paid new. This economy is killing everyone. Watch out people, next americans will be in bread lines if this keeps up.
Brian traded in his 07 IS250 awd (non-navi) and he got 28k for it and that was several months ago. They purchased his car, I took my IS there a month later and they offered me 27,500$ for a full loaded 07 IS350 So that didnt go well. I had the dealer buy me our of the lease for ~33k 3 mos or so ago. Car was worth more IMO but I got out of it clean so I will take it for what its worth and call it a day. What sucked is I lost my Tax credit since I purchased and didnt lease again It took me close to 3 mos to get them to do this for me since I know the owners and the amt of business I have personally done with them let alone the amt of business I have sent to them. I am sure you can get my GS for less then I got mine a few months back....just let the market turn for the better. Sell low/Buy low in this market....to think back in March of this year I was going to trade the IS in for the ISF and they offered me 38k for my car What was I thinking But the ISF wouldnt have worked for me with the family so it is what it is.

G/L with everything
Old 01-09-09, 06:13 PM
damnboy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is an IS250 RWD, loaded with nav and all. I did take great pics with it all polished up. I put it on ebay and on autotrader. This is a copy of my add on autotrader: http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...0&rdpage=thumb
You need more pictures.
May I suggest you build a site like this my example I just sold mine in 2 days yesterday. Granted this is a low price car but the concept is the same. The more info/pictures you provided the better.

I've sold 4 cars that way and they all were gone in a week. One of the buyer brought the cashier check with him BEFORE seeing the car. Wish you luck!
Old 01-09-09, 08:58 PM
dana_daen
Driver

My dealer gave me 27,000.00- negotiated for 30,000.00 though. I paid 70,000.00 3 years ago for it brand new. (it was a 2006 sport IS350).
Old 01-09-09, 09:30 PM
eric_r_ho
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what your best bet is? Here's what I would do. Take the mods off and sell them on this website. Drive to california, preferably south orange country area and sell the car to carmax in the city of lake forest. Use the money you made off the mods to buy the $60 southwest one-way ticket flying out of john wayne airport back to mccaren in Vegas. Then, have the prospective dealership where you are going to make your next purchase pick you up in the courtesy van (or your already purchased new vehicle) and drive home in your new precious (INSERT CAR)

I mean..that's what I did.
Old 01-09-09, 10:44 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

I can't believe I am having so much trouble selling my car. I have never had such a hard time selling something. I mean hell this is a car that stickered new for $38,xxx and I can't get $25000 for it with 30K miles. That is less than 1/3 what I paid new. This economy is killing everyone. Watch out people, next americans will be in bread lines if this keeps up.
Here is part of your problem I just pick up 08 Starfire Pearl White IS350 lux model with 18" rims and rear spoiler for $37000.00 on 12/30/08 at Lexus of Greenwich in CT, mean while you paid 38K for IS250 see what mean. Timing is everything had you sold it 6 months ago you would be getting higher trade in value. Plus with latest reports showing west coast and south be hit hardest in unemployment does help. Good luck
Old 01-10-09, 07:26 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

Originally Posted by davcrz5
, mean while you paid 38K for IS250 see what mean.
He didn't say he paid 38k for his car, he said it stickered for that amount. I think the only people who payed close to sticker for a 2IS are those of us who bought back in fall 2005 when the car first came out.
Old 01-10-09, 09:18 AM
IS-MIKE
Driver

It's supply and demand, maybe half the buyers that could buy cars a year ago are now excluded from the car buying market because they can't get credit.

My coworker was telling me how his sister traded in her Murciélago for a newer Lambo and got $130k trade in value on it six moths ago but the dealer hasn't been able to sell it and is now asking less then $100k. The dealer found interested buyer but his credit score wasn't high enough to get a loan.

When the credit rules tightened up a few months ago they stopped giving car loans to people with credit scores below 650. I think that cuts out more than half of the car buyers. GMAC recently eased up their lending rules to help the selling of GM cars. Hopefully the other lenders ease up a bit too on the strictness of their lending rules.
Old 01-10-09, 10:06 AM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Yeah, the car market is pretty terrible right now. New car sales were down 30% overall last December. So it will be rough trying to sell your car.

I see a couple of things wrong though.
1) Dont you know someone with a better camera? Your car is black and doesnt show well in pics
2) You need a picture of the Nav unit
3) Do you have Lux or Sport package? If so, take a picture of the Door sills
4) It looks like you have the Xpackage lip. Its not mentioned in the ad
5) 18s not mentioned in the ad
6) Can you make your several paragraphs, instead of one big paragraph?
Old 01-10-09, 10:40 AM
Recluse
Pole Position

One other suggestion: "fully loaded" is one of those terms that gets thrown around a lot, but doesn't really convey a lot of information.

If you car is fully equipped with Luxury or Sport, Navigation, Mark Levinson, radar cruise control, and Intuitive Park Assist, it might be better to actually mention them specifically, as those desirable options could really set your car apart from the pack.

But otherwise, it's just the economy.....I was going to get a second "fun" car myself, but now I'm being a lot more selective, and have lowered my budget considerably from what I initially planned.
Old 01-10-09, 01:51 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Un-tint ur tails alot of people dont really like that, just a suggustion.
Old 01-10-09, 02:14 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tqlla3k
Yeah, the car market is pretty terrible right now. New car sales were down 30% overall last December. So it will be rough trying to sell your car.

I see a couple of things wrong though.
1) Dont you know someone with a better camera? Your car is black and doesnt show well in pics
2) You need a picture of the Nav unit
3) Do you have Lux or Sport package? If so, take a picture of the Door sills
4) It looks like you have the Xpackage lip. Its not mentioned in the ad
5) 18s not mentioned in the ad
6) Can you make your several paragraphs, instead of one big paragraph?
Just to add to this. If you mention lux or sport, mention what it has. Hids, memory seats, power steering column, aluminum sills... etc
Old 01-10-09, 03:01 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jason2713
I actually got it from the Norris Nissa/Acura dealership in Ellicott City off Rt. 40 if you know where I mean.

I was getting my TL serviced, saw the IS350 which had every damn bell and whistle possible. Told them if they gave me good value on the trade in and a good price, I'd drive it away that night. After 4hrs of haggling, sure enough.

I never dreamed of owning a lexus, the TL was the nicest car I ever owned. My payment went up by $150 to around $625/mo but I'm in love with this car. Worth every penny!

Now on to modding it slightly. I have wheels already, going to get the tanabe NF210 drop, tinting tails/headlights/reflectors/fog lights and I'm done. I'm not going as crazy as I did with my accord (which you can see in one of these threads)
Congrats and welcome.
Old 01-10-09, 05:20 PM
cssnms
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Put an ad on Craig' s List my man. I sold all my cars from a simple Craig's List ad with a few pictures despite at the same time paying for an expensive weekend ad in the paper and on Cars.com. It is very effective and the best part of all... IT'S FREE. Stick to your price and with a little persistance it will sell. It only takes that one buyer looking for that exact car that's been well maintaned. Good luck!
Old 01-10-09, 06:05 PM
toy4two
Lexus Champion

I've been looking for an IS here in San Diego, you are priced too high for the times. I see IS350's with the same milage as your with every option going for what you are asking.

I have seen 250's in the low 20's with 30-40k mileage.

Its really a buyers market right now for luxury cars, the IS leases are getting turned in now and the amount available in the used market is going to only make it hard to sell. The best cars right now are luxury cars from auctions (lease returns) dealers just don't want any more inventory and they are really being sold cheap.

It took me 3 monthes to sell my 350z, just took time and was before the economy melted down and people couldn't get loans.
Old 01-12-09, 06:48 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Default Should we pull the trigger?

Hey guys, I've been lurking this site for a little bit and got a couple questions. I'm in the market for a newer used car for my wife. We recently seen an ad for an '07 IS250 RWD with around 12k miles. It also comes with the upgrded Mark Levinson audio system, parking sensors, etc... What do you think, good deal? I check KBB.com and it puts it at around $28,200 in excellent condition and around $26,700 in good condition. The owner is asking $25k. Sounds like a good deal to me, but of course we haven't seen the car yet. My question is with the economy the way it is, should I even try and bargain or should I just try and scoop it up if it looks to be in good shape. I know car sales are tough right now, and I want the best deal possible, but also don't want to lose out if it's a killer deal either.

Also, is there anything in particular I should look for if we go for a test drive? We have a 12 yr old son, and possibly plan on having another. Anybody with kids regret buying an IS? I know the back seat is pretty cramped to begin with. Or should I just shut my trap and just take the Maxima if we're going on a family outing?

Feedback please and maybe, just maybe, we'll be joining the rest of you proud IS owners.

Quick Reply: IS250/IS350 price check thread (merged threads)