IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Who's the guy with the Supercharged IS350????

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-07, 10:51 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaser07
Well it's nice to finally hear from someone on his behalf! I appreciate it!

As far as my questions go...Some of them were kind of answered already but don't think that my questions are left open ended to set you up for "bashers"...I'd like to keep all negative comments or remarks away from this thread please

What was the downtime with installation?
What were the numbers before & after tuning? (rwhp & Tq)
Any room on compression ratio for Nitrous, after install?
Any 1/8, or 1/4 mile times?
Actual "Out the door" cost?
What problems did he run across after install...
Were there any other mods("One Off" or Not) done to the motor to complete the install?
Any recommendations that you might have to someone who is looking into having an S/C installed (Besides the obvious, finding a knowledgeable shop...)
-roughly 2 days
-if i remember 300 wheel, car ran untuned until his methonol
-1/4 he did one on the dyno, i couldn't read it because the print out was faded...message ddquach on that one
-you can put laughing gas
-msrp over 6k
-one off mods, ask ddquach, up to him to share or not
-i have a list of shops, pm me for that, dunno if im allowed to say it since it might be "advertising"
Old 09-24-07, 11:25 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

What was the downtime with installation?
Your looking about 2-3 days tops of downtime for the install (if the mechanic knows what he doing)
What were the numbers before & after tuning? (rwhp & Tq)
Stock I believe was 250 rwhp if I remember, dont remember the tq. Need to look for the dyno sheet in my room somewhere. 350 rwhp and 310rwtq with meth/water injection on 91 pump gas. Tuning is still coming base on a stand alone harness that I am working on. Of coarse need to be fab. So its taking sometime. Right now number only show strickly bolts on.
Any room on compression ratio for Nitrous, after install?
Not sure if there room for nitrous but if theres is its not much. I'm already pushing this as hard as I can. I got the tickets to prove that.
Any 1/8, or 1/4 mile times?
Sorry dont have time on how fast it is on paper. I only have real world street experience running against modded EVO, STI, Z, G35, etc. I know we did a 0-60 time on the dyno and it show a time between 4.3-4.7 sec. If that helps any.
Actual "Out the door" cost?
Kit $5500, Labor $1000 depends who install it. That a basic kit. My kit is a little different from the normal kit.
What problems did he run across after install...
Gettin too many tickets.
Were there any other mods("One Off" or Not) done to the motor to complete the install?
My setup has different tensioner and brackets than the normal kit. Plus the normal kit does not have meth injection. Mines does.
Any recommendations that you might have to someone who is looking into having an S/C installed (Besides the obvious, finding a knowledgeable shop...)
Make sure your aware that boosting any motor has its risk. BOOM. can happen, but none the less the kit is pretty dam reliable.

If there any more question, I dont mind replying to it. I dont post or search these forums as much as I use to. I have other things I have to do. I know several socal members here has ridden in my car and know a couple things about it especially Zepher. He sees my car and rides in it all the time. except drive it. I wouldnt known about this thread if he didnt bring it to my attention, so please if you do want to get a hold of me PM me. Zepher also right I dont post as often as well because of the bashing I do get at times (ie: stickers on car, why sc not turbo) Come on guys I am pioneering the way for the rest of you guys to follow. I cant and dont have the answer to everything. OH BTW I did work at LMS but my car was not sponser by them. I started there after I had the kit install. And if any question any sponserships. Only LMS for labor not parts, Aerotect, WP Pro. and that's it. Everything else was out of pocket.
Old 09-24-07, 11:28 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pocky
If it's Doug, then he has posted a few times here and there. It's a LMS Supercharger. Goes by the name "ddquach".

I rode in it before....all I can say is...it's SWWEEEEEEETTT!!!!!!!!
You should see it now with meth injection....
Old 09-24-07, 11:32 PM
ddquach
Intermediate

Originally Posted by akay_es2is
well wats better javylsu...
since u seem like u kno wat ur talkin bout for r lex...
turbo or s/c?
BTW I still plan on doing a twin turbo or even a supercharged twin turbo in the future. I like turbo better for power but I like the wining sound of the supercharger.
Old 09-25-07, 06:15 AM
papiti
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys, I Heard Everyone Talking About The Supercharged Is 350, But Will This Supercharger Kit Work On An Is 250, Or Is There Any Supercherger For The Is 250.
Old 09-25-07, 06:58 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn! It sounds like LMS really needs to include the meth injection in their design. 350 is quite an improvement!

What stand alone are you trying to implement? Will it be able to support all the other ECU's in the car via CAN?
Old 10-01-07, 12:42 AM
asukadc
Pole Position

the car is fast... that's all i'll say..

and it stopsssssssss.
Old 10-01-07, 01:44 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow... 350whp... That's nutty. Didn't know a supercharger for this car had this potential.