ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Help, my 250's sunroof wont close (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/298553-help-my-250s-sunroof-wont-close.html)

importbeat 08-05-07 05:30 PM

Help, my 250's sunroof wont close

I had my sunroof open last night on the drive home and now it wont close. its like open half way and it seems like its everytime i try to close it, it hits a sensor or something and opens back up...Anyone know how to manually close it for now? Till i can take it to the dealership.

thanks

PhilipMSPT 08-05-07 05:33 PM

There may be something stuck on the track, triggering the safety sensor.

Make sure the track is clear of any obstruction. If that still does not work, take it to the dealer.

Good luck!

llamaboiz 08-05-07 05:40 PM

Just make sure the car isnt on if your sticking your head thru the sunroof, whats that movie? Final Destination :sai:

RU514 08-05-07 05:57 PM

No this happened to me too. It's also in the manual about this problem. It happened a while ago so I don't know if this is exactly it. You are just supposed to turn the dial back to the close position, and press and hold the button for like I think 5 or so seconds. It resets and so it stays closed after that.

usna2011 07-07-15 11:33 AM

Short version: Sunroof won't close (really a Sunroof won't open situation)
Fix: Place sunroof selector knob in the auto setting and hold for about 30 seconds as it goes through a open and close sequence (tilt up, close, slide back, close) that should fix it.

Long Version: Car was left in the ignition on setting (two pushes of the start button with out pushing the brake pedal) Drained the battery it had 5 volts when i checked it with the volt meter. After charging the battery I went to the gym and tried to open the sunroof trying to use the auto open function (using the knob in until it starts to slide back) the sunroof moved so i let go. I notice it stopped moving so I held the knob in again. The sunroof went the tilt setting. At this point I was like WTF is happening. All I wanted to do at this point was close it. So I thought I had a problem were the sunroof would not close. I would hold the auto button and I could here the motor make noise. Thought I needed a new motor. What really happened was when I held the button in the auto setting I was running what some call it the "sync function". Kind of the same one you run when you set up your windows to work in auto again after disconnecting the battery. Well when I would release the knob it would stop the sync. So I really had a fail to open sunroof problem. After holding the sunroof knob in auto for about 30 seconds as it goes through a open and close sequence (tilt up, close, slide back, close) that should fix it. Hopes it helps.

I've gotten so much help from this site. It has save me Thousands of $$$.

Gville350 07-07-15 01:26 PM

Well, you've already went through the process that fixes 99% of all of the other sunroof-related issues. My only additional advice would be to disconnect the battery for 20 minutes, and reconnect. Try the "reset" sequence again. Cross your fingers!

Icy350 07-08-15 10:19 AM

This happened to me,

I forced the sunroof by pushing it while it closed until it finally locked.

took to dealer, they said they had to adjust the track a bit

Charged me around 140$ to fix.

Hope this helped.

ayosincere 07-29-17 08:45 AM

Sun roof/ moonroof

select auto on the dial. Push and hold the dial in for about 5-10 seconds. This should reset the safety mechanism. After, It should close again as normal.

flowrider 07-29-17 09:01 AM

OK - You guys have answered a TEN year old thread:uh:

Hope the OP solved his problem:sad:

Lou

Fizzboy7 11-12-17 07:37 PM

Mine just started not closing tonight. I held down the knob in the "close" position for ten seconds, then it closed all the way. But then I tested it again after, and it's still not closing all the way. To fully reset it, does the car have to be driven or shut off, then turned back on ? Or do I have a more serious problem? Nothing is in the tracks as far as I can see (although I admit it probably could use some lube/grease). Any thoughts or help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

aaguilar11 02-06-22 05:52 PM

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm

Originally Posted by usna2011 (Post 9104097)
Short version: Sunroof won't close (really a Sunroof won't open situation)
Fix: Place sunroof selector knob in the auto setting and hold for about 30 seconds as it goes through a open and close sequence (tilt up, close, slide back, close) that should fix it.

Long Version: Car was left in the ignition on setting (two pushes of the start button with out pushing the brake pedal) Drained the battery it had 5 volts when i checked it with the volt meter. After charging the battery I went to the gym and tried to open the sunroof trying to use the auto open function (using the knob in until it starts to slide back) the sunroof moved so i let go. I notice it stopped moving so I held the knob in again. The sunroof went the tilt setting. At this point I was like WTF is happening. All I wanted to do at this point was close it. So I thought I had a problem were the sunroof would not close. I would hold the auto button and I could here the motor make noise. Thought I needed a new motor. What really happened was when I held the button in the auto setting I was running what some call it the "sync function". Kind of the same one you run when you set up your windows to work in auto again after disconnecting the battery. Well when I would release the knob it would stop the sync. So I really had a fail to open sunroof problem. After holding the sunroof knob in auto for about 30 seconds as it goes through a open and close sequence (tilt up, close, slide back, close) that should fix it. Hopes it helps.

I've gotten so much help from this site. It has save me Thousands of $$$.

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm