IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Pot hole VS Sevas s22!!!!!PICS ADDED!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-07, 08:44 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by D&G
I hope is not the S-55's!!! But they should recall all the wheels back. I am sure if something like this happen to someone and got in a bad car accident because of it there will be lawsuit no doubt about it.

The funny thing about my wheels I received recently is black color inside the wheel compare to the silver color. Wonder if that makes any difference in different batches.
All the black painted Sevas have the barrel painted black. Doesn't make a lot of sense but I too, was wondering if it makes a difference.
Old 11-23-07, 10:22 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

i ordered a set of r77's 3 pc forged wheels from them 9 weeks ago. I am calling the shop that I oredered them through and I am cancelling and going with order Asanti like I was told by the shop owner. Damn this kind of crap raelly irritates me. I have been made to wait for an inferior product, and now I will have to wait most likely another 6 - 8 weeks, but at least I found this thread. I am cancelling no matter what. If the shop owner tells me they will call sevas and ask whats up, i will tell him absolutely not. I am not taking the chance with my safety or the car
Old 11-24-07, 12:05 AM
IAMJAVEDG
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ouch! I was about to get those same wheels.. in gold. lol sexy rims.. but damn bro that sucks.
Old 11-24-07, 06:14 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
i ordered a set of r77's 3 pc forged wheels from them 9 weeks ago. I am calling the shop that I oredered them through and I am cancelling and going with order Asanti like I was told by the shop owner. Damn this kind of crap raelly irritates me. I have been made to wait for an inferior product, and now I will have to wait most likely another 6 - 8 weeks, but at least I found this thread. I am cancelling no matter what. If the shop owner tells me they will call sevas and ask whats up, i will tell him absolutely not. I am not taking the chance with my safety or the car
I still have a set of sevas wheels on my wife's car. I wanted to take them off but my wife doesn't want to part with them. She works for a company that makes trade show displays. She has accounts with people all over the world in many businesses. Wifey says almost any product can have a bad run. As long you don't get one of those you're okay. Even is you got one, it doesn't mean you'll have the same problem Wifey reminded me I have "trained" her to drive carefully and avoid potholes. We keep the air pressure up and we use decent tires. We don't drive like maniacs either.
Then I called the owner of sevas, Carl Heuck, I think that's his last name. He offered no excuses, he vouched for his product but is not pushing the 1 piece wheels too hard. He is pushing the 3 piece forged because he says it was made in a different plant and assures they are real aluminum aircraft forged metal. The company is in Miami and I have seen several high end cars sporting them and they definitely look right....that look of quality that is unmistakable.
So, I'm not trying to talk anyione into buying Sevas....I'm just saying that you can't just dismiss them because a few people had problems. Well, you can but it may not be right.

BTW, yesterday I was at a wheel repair shop getting some custom aluminum hub-centric rings fabricated. You should have seen the many different wheels in there broken and busted. There were 2 sets of Asanti. Does that mean they are no good? No! It means any wheel can be broken. There were 1 piece cast, multi-piece, forged and everything represented there. There were breakes in places I don't see how they could have happened. Some of the blame has to be put on the driver. That's for sure!

Last edited by Ice350; 11-24-07 at 06:55 AM.
Old 11-24-07, 06:19 AM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by twitch
Man, more bad luck for me. So I was driving at night down the freeway when I suddenly hit a pot hole. It definitely wasn't small but it too bad either and this is what happened. The rim actually split in half from the inside all the way around. I thought that my tire was definitely popped but to my surprise there was nothing wrong with the tire, no holes nothing it was just the rim that got damage. I immediately pulled over to the side. I was lucky that the outer half of the rim did not come out. What do you guys think? Should a pot hole be able to do this to a rim or could it be a defected rim? Can the manufacturers warranty cover this? thanks.
Contact the dealer and the mfg, I'd pursure it as a mfg defect.
I'd also file a complaint with the NHTSA
Old 11-24-07, 08:25 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

thats pretty bad, haha

I've seen something similar like that

i was in val678s gs350 on stock rims, when he ran over something on the 10
both tires on right blew and we were doing like 70, bring it over to the right side (right next to the wall)
and the front rim is just cracked in half too, but like more like down the middle
the tires didn't even stay on
Old 06-18-08, 04:40 PM
Shake1
Driver School Candidate

Yikes!, that is a really wierd crack.
Old 06-18-08, 06:55 PM
2k2 R1
Lead Lap

way to bump up an old *** thread
Old 06-19-08, 08:14 PM
HiKneeKen
Driver School Candidate

i guess im not buying sevas wheels
Old 06-19-08, 08:17 PM
Brian231
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am with you on this, I blew a new Dunlop, new MOMO, and New Continental this winter wuth Chicago potholes (about a $1,000) in damage. We will see if IDOT refunds my claim regardless of pics, police report, etc.
Old 11-08-08, 07:04 PM
Kromekicks
Rookie

Exclamation

i'm thinking bout buying some s-star 19" sevas, does anybody know if they're defective. i'm trying to find out if they were discontinued because of poor quality or just an old style. i've read a few posts about the s-22 cracking under normal driving conditions and would like some further light shone on this. thanks
Old 11-08-08, 07:17 PM
crazybuggy
Racer

ouch! painful!
Old 11-08-08, 08:30 PM
suka4thong
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1pc cast
Old 11-08-08, 09:31 PM
aznboi27
Pole Position

ouch.. sorry
Old 11-09-08, 01:34 AM
toomurf
Pole Position

that is hurtin man !!!!

Quick Reply: Pot hole VS Sevas s22!!!!!PICS ADDED!