Print Wikipost

DIY: 2007 ISX50 OEM XM Satellite Radio Install

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-07, 03:41 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by passnu2
okay so i have just completed the install but my car is not detecing the key??? can someone help me here please!!! if i push and hold the unlock botton it eventually ulockss the doors as if it goes into a programm mode??

but i can get to an accessorie position or anything? i am stuck here and not sure what else i can try to do. i tried both key fobs and no luck...
Are you sure you connected the connector to the Smart Key Unit back properly? And just to make sure is the battery reconnected properly?
Old 08-08-07, 03:48 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

yes??? the key is working some what? i was going to disconnect the batter and give it some time in a few minutes to see if it does rest. it seems like they lost there memory? i am not sure??? i am going to go try this really quick and hope it works???

thanks i will post again
Old 08-08-07, 03:51 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

yes??? the key is working some what? i was going to disconnect the batter and give it some time in a few minutes to see if it does rest. it seems like they lost there memory? i am not sure??? i am going to go try this really quick and hope it works???

thanks i will post again
Huh, I havent heard of that before, and I know I didnt have any problems with my keys afterwards... I thought I remember seeing thread before on here on re-initializing the keys with the car, perhaps try doing a search for one of those and try that...

Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 08-08-07, 04:06 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

well i rest set it with the battery again and its still doing the same thing...i am stuck here and dont know what to do..i am stressing here...ugh!!!!
Old 08-08-07, 05:16 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

ben i disconnected and i am working again??? sounds weird. i am not sure what the issue is but i am going to revist this on the weekend when i have more time. car is working an running just fine...

thanks for responding!!
Old 08-09-07, 12:51 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

ben i disconnected and i am working again??? sounds weird. i am not sure what the issue is but i am going to revist this on the weekend when i have more time. car is working an running just fine...

thanks for responding!!
No problem, glad I could offer some assistance and very glad everything worked out okay!
Old 08-24-07, 10:11 AM
revitupwio
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alright ladies & gentlemen - I bought the xm unit from Sewell yesterday, so should get it in a few days - 291 shipped with discount & TX sales tax.

Anyone else in the Houston area thinking about getting this? If so, I'd be up for an intall meet.
Old 08-25-07, 06:41 AM
TampaIS250
Driver School Candidate

I just got mine from Sewell as well. Installed it last night, taking my time and did it in about an hour and 20 minutes. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, while the directions from the factory were good, your writeup provide some nice to know details.

Sounds great!

I am an XM junkie, each of my cars have one, have one at home and listen online at work...
Old 08-25-07, 07:55 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

yes i like the online for the workday also...its nice when you are sitting at your desk to listen to XM...

UPDATE: as you see my posts above. i installed the XM and then my key fob wouldnt work??? so i actually removed the XM from my car assuming i would have to tow the car in to the dealer and wanted no evidence that i was doing anything. well i just couldnt resist and i went back out and gave it another try and it worked. only thing is that the car did fight me on starting then all was good and i have no issues since i got it to work. it took about 20 min to install as i didnt remove all the stuff in the trunk and i have a leased car so i wasnt as worried about it. good luck to all and enjoy!
Old 08-25-07, 08:06 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

...so i actually removed the XM from my car assuming i would have to tow the car in to the dealer and wanted no evidence that i was doing anything

what of morals?
Old 08-25-07, 08:10 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Old 08-27-07, 08:08 AM
sdub74
Rookie

Originally Posted by TampaIS250
I just got mine from Sewell as well. Installed it last night, taking my time and did it in about an hour and 20 minutes. Just wanted to say thanks for posting this, while the directions from the factory were good, your writeup provide some nice to know details.

Sounds great!

I am an XM junkie, each of my cars have one, have one at home and listen online at work...
I just ordered mine last night, and since I'm super impatient when I know I have a new toy on the way, did they ship pretty quickly? I'm hoping I get it by the end of the week so I have the weekend to play with it.
Old 08-27-07, 10:47 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sdub74
I just ordered mine last night, and since I'm super impatient when I know I have a new toy on the way, did they ship pretty quickly? I'm hoping I get it by the end of the week so I have the weekend to play with it.
They usually do, I think I got mine in about a week (5 business days).
Old 08-28-07, 04:54 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Originally Posted by sdub74

Bought mine, received it here in Houston last night, the 27th. hope it helps.
Old 08-28-07, 04:57 PM
revitupwio
Driver

Alright...ben - dude - if you weren't in Sacville California, I'd give you a big non-gay hug. Nothing sounds better to the ears of an accountant than saving 70% on something. Thanks so much for your work on this with the rest of us in mind.

I received my stuff yesterday & installed it last night. I'm a complete noob when it comes to installing stuff like this, especially on newer cars, and everything went really well. I took a little over 2 hrs to do it, going ever-so-slowly because my confidence level is almost zero. I didn't have a problem at all & it works to perfection.

edit: If anyone is reading this and wondering if they could/should do this, there is absolutely no reason not to - it's incredibly simple, really does save you several hundred dollars, and again - can be done by anyone.

Quick Reply: DIY: 2007 ISX50 OEM XM Satellite Radio Install