IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Superior dealers

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-07, 02:59 PM
NGG
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superior dealers

This forum has been useful in members reporting their experiences (good and bad) with Lexus dealers. For the most part these dealers are not identified, and when they are, understandbly the inferior ones. It is only fair that if we criticize the bad we should also praise those who have provided superior customer satisfaction. While some may say that that is their job, it is also to our benefit as Lexus Corporate take these comments seriously and can demonstrate to those with less than stella service, how good publicity is to their benefit, and by extension ours. Here is my positive experience:

Lexus Metro Toyota,
Victoria, British Columbia,
Canada

Purchase experience excellent. Sales advisor knew his product, respected my wishes and time, made no undeliverable promises and was very professional. Sales manager was very creative in resolving a sticky problem that was Lexus Corp. responsibility with no help from them. Pricing was satisfactory given the constraints of Canadian pricing policies. My IS350 was a special order...they were happy to accomodate that preference.

Service department experience exceptional. Service advisor is easilly the best in my 40+ years in having my cars serviced. Extremely knowledgable (technical and customer relations). Goes out of his way to be helpful and provides superior service. Free loaners, coffee, newspapers and a comfortable lounge with TV plus controller.

Family member bought from them partially as a result of my experiences. I will shop there again and continue to have both my Lexus/Toyota cars serviced there.
Old 07-19-07, 03:02 PM
ac281
Driver School Candidate

Northside Lexus of Houston

I'm constantly impressed with their high level of professionalism, and their superior customer service. I couldn't possibly say enough good things about them.
Old 07-19-07, 03:35 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was actually pretty happy with my service each time I have been to Lexus of Sacramento.
Old 07-19-07, 06:56 PM
FiveOhNine
Lexus Champion

Lexus of Rockville (MD) was great, best price, nice dealership, friendly no-nonsense car sales.
Old 07-19-07, 09:24 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Sterling McCall Lexus in Houston.

Salesman was great, and I still speak with him occassionally. He's almost like a family friend now.

No experience with service department yet.
Old 07-19-07, 10:35 PM
combfilter
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

sewell lexus of dallas has always treated me right. Love them and the girls working there

Now sewell lexus ft.worth is another story. I would never take my car nor let anyone buy a car from them.
Old 07-19-07, 10:41 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was pretty satisfied with jim falk lexus, i got mine though a broker but delt with them with my issues.
Old 07-19-07, 11:55 PM
oliveryo
Driver

The Lexus dealership in my area is awesome. They go way beyond their way to help each customer. I couldn't be more pleased with them
Old 07-20-07, 06:48 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by combfilter
Love them and the girls working there
That's the first good reason I've ever heard to visit a specific dealership

(serious)
Old 07-20-07, 07:09 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus of Merrillville Indiana. Great service department!
Old 07-20-07, 07:44 AM
SonnyIs350
Pole Position

Nalley lexus atlanta totally awesome
Old 07-20-07, 08:25 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I've had experience with many dealers, so here goes:

Sewell Lexus in downtown Dallas, TX: Absolutely amazing. I didn't set foot in the dealership until we had finalized everything over the phone. When I flew in, they picked me up at the airport in an LS430, and drove me back to the dealership where I found my (locked) IS being displayed in the middle of the showroom floor. I had to 'shoo' people away from staring through the windows of my car! Talk about making you feel like a million bucks! I was in the office for a total of 30 minutes before I drove my new car off the showroom floor and onto Interstate 30. I've returned for service only once (I've since moved to California), but I would definitely return to their dealership without hesitation. When you come in for service and you choose to wait for them to finish it, they give you a buzzer (much like the ones they hand out at restaurants when you have to wait for a table). There's also a waiting area that is positively stunning, featuring an aquarium in the center. The entire room is surrounded by dark mahogany walls, as is the rest of the interior of the showroom and private offices. I have yet to find another dealer (of any marque) that has matched the elegance of Sewell's interior. Right outside the waiting room, there's a 'mini-museum' that features some historical Lexus memorabilia which adds a nice touch, especially for Lexus enthusiasts. I'll see if I can find the pictures I took last year if anyone wants to see.

Lexus of Glendale in Glendale, CA: I've been to a couple of dealerships for service here in California, and since we're focusing on the positive in this thread, Lexus of Glendale is the only one worth mentioning. My service advisor has been absolutely fantastic. Everyone I've encountered in that dealership has demonstrated the willingness to go the extra mile to make the customer happy, and I'm happy to recommend them to anyone that will listen.

I also have to throw in an honorable mention to Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA. I stopped by to purchase a filter for my girlfriend's IS250, and the parts/service area was very friendly. They have a very aesthetically pleasing service bay (there's a huge glass wall through which you can see every car in the building). I spotted a modified IS350 sitting in one of the bays, which just so happened to belong to one of the Master Technicians. He took a break from his work to pull his car out and chat with a friend and me for about 20 minutes. He and the other techs we spoke to were both friendly and knowledgeable, and I'm looking forward to trying their shop out if I have any problems with my IS.

Javier
Old 07-20-07, 08:59 AM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 582 Likes on 401 Posts

The thing with Longo is it depends heavily on which advisor you get. Some of them will be cool and work with you and others will try to take as much from you as possible.
Old 07-20-07, 10:18 AM
davidbenji
Pole Position

Anyone recommend a dealer (for service) in the West Valley and or West LA area? I took my car to Vista Lexus in Woodland Hills for my 5k and was very underwhelmed by the service there. Considering the cost for future services I would be more inclined to take my car to a dealer that has superior service...not to mention I would trust a CL members recommendation much more.
Old 07-20-07, 11:58 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus of Westminster

Quick Reply: Superior dealers