ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Dealership wanted to charge me 12 dollars for a new battery! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/293459-dealership-wanted-to-charge-me-12-dollars-for-a-new-battery.html)

IS_NIICE 07-11-07 06:39 PM

Dealership wanted to charge me 12 dollars for a new battery!

A KEY FOB BATTERY!...what kind of nonsense is that? i was like "bro, the battery died in 6 months, what kind of products are you selling"? and he says, "it was probably a faulty battery, it doesn't happen often". then i say "uh are you kidding me, if it is faulty then you need to replace it for free". he then says, "no i can't do that--batteries last different periods of time, but it only costs $12 to replace". i literally said. "is that the type of business you run? this is the last car i buy from you guys, and my family has been with lexus for for over 15 years". i stormed out, and no one followed me out, but i had a backup plan in case they wouldnt hook it up for free. i drive two blocks down ventura blvd from Vista Lexus to BATTERY WORLD! CR1632 $2.00, ef Vista Lexus.

PhilipMSPT 07-11-07 06:47 PM

Businesses have to make a profit. That's how it works.

Was the extra drive and frustration worth $10? I would have just kept my cool and dealt with the situation with ease...

s6 4rings 07-11-07 06:49 PM

Yeah you prolly just screwed yourself out of an iffy warranty repair at the dealer.

Congrats.

My is350 is 3 weeks old new and the battery is weak. I bought a new one without raising a stink at the dealer.

ben_r_ 07-11-07 06:56 PM

Huh... Im actually surprised it wasnt more... Why did you take it to them in the first place? I wouldnt even have wasted my time. Use your other one and order like 20 of them off ebay for 7 bucks or whatever.

k_dizzle 07-11-07 07:03 PM

You did all that for 12dollars? wow..........is it that deep?

IS_NIICE 07-11-07 07:15 PM

haha, who doesnt like saving money. i dunno, i never have anything to do during summer and i remembered that i need a new battery. i called this place called battery world and they said they have it in stock for 2 bucks. but after reading that many people got them for free from dealerships i thought why not make a stop at the dealership and try my luck, it's only 2 blocks from the battery place...went there and got charged 6x the price. and walked after talking to the dude. if it sounds like i lost my cool i really didn't, i was just trying to be persuasive.

Lexmex 07-11-07 07:19 PM

I paid $8 USD for mine a few years ago, but it had died right there on the spot at the dealership.

Evitzee 07-11-07 08:17 PM

Kids ....... they have no perspective on what is important in life. :rolleyes:

GS Kid 300 07-11-07 08:49 PM

Thats how much my local dealership charged me. If it was only 2 bucks at the Battery World why didn't you just go there in the first place. Anything at Lexus isnt going to be cheap.

ecr527 07-11-07 09:48 PM

I just replaced the battery in my key fob a few weeks ago and I got it from my local dealer for $4. They even installed it for me. I went looking for this battery at Radio Shack and Walgreens, etc, but apparently it's one that most places don't carry.

gsrthomas 07-11-07 09:48 PM

I bought a pack of 10 for $5ish on ebay a while back.

dspIS250 07-11-07 10:51 PM

i would call that a bit of an over-reaction. i'm sure the guy at the dealership was really trying to scam you to become rich by charging 12 bucks for a battery:rolleyes:. If he told me it would cost 12 bucks i would just tell him thanks for the help (even if he wasn't that helpful) and go to battery world.

cancellino 07-12-07 12:26 AM

Man that's tough...I have to agree that the dealership should have just taken care of it. I am of the mind set that if I just bought my car and the battery died in within a few months I would be disapointed...though not enought to squable over twelve dollars and give up the car.

josephdoc 07-12-07 01:25 AM

I've heard the price varies from one to another.
Last time the cheapest I heard was $5. Anyway, try DIY it, but they prolly charge you more if you need the fob to be reprogrammed.

$12, just think you tip it to the poor. :D