IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-07, 10:03 PM
Snowhite
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cspec
I can't believe you guys would shell out money to buy this paperweight. There are much better phones on the market.

Seems like everyone is buying into the Apple trend...
$600 for the iphone seems like a real steal compared to the $500 I spent on the Wald roof spoiler for my GS, but I have no regrets...I like it!
Old 07-30-07, 05:30 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

so does anyone know how to transfer contacts to the IS with the iPhone? I can't figure it out....

and for those of you who waited opening day... that sucks. I went to the AT&T store opening day at 9pm without waiting in any lines and was lucky and able to pick up an iphone. in and out of the store in less than 20 minutes. I felt bad for those who camped out or waited for hours in the hot weather....
Old 07-30-07, 08:54 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So no ones going to post any pics? I dont know what of, I just thought for sure this thread would have some!
Old 07-30-07, 09:11 PM
ExTrEmE99
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Post pics of what? the iphone?
Old 07-30-07, 09:44 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

I dont know, maybe if anyone has a cell phone mount or something that they use to hold their iPhone in the car... I dont really know, I just thought for sure there would be pics of some kind... Maybe Im just odd... ?
Old 08-10-07, 07:41 PM
dajwilson
Driver

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Guys with iPhones. Here is a link on a hack to get custom ringtones (need a mac):

http://www.hacktheiphone.com/iphone_...tallation.html

The EDGE network is being upgraded so it will be about 2.5G
You don't have to hack the iphone anymore to get custom ringtones. You can go to iphoneringtonemaker.com and create your own ringtones. Sorry to mac users because it's windows based. For window users, you can add and delete ringtones through this software. It also allows you to pick the 30 seconds of the song you want to use. You can also use songs that you already have on your hard drive or songs you have ripped from your CD collection. The big thing is no hacking so no possiblility of damage to your $600 phone.

Now to a thing I really like about the iPhone pairing with the handsfree in the car. Previously with my Blackberry, if I was on the phone when I parked the car, I had to finish the conversation while the car was running or call the person back so that I could shut the car off. With the iPhone, if you're paired with the handsfree and you're parking, you can pull the phone away from your ear and the phone will give you the option to terminate the pairing and use your phone. That way you can shut your car off and keep the conversation going. Thumbs up for that. I'll post a pic on here of that function when I get a chance. Obviously even if you're not parking, at anytime you have the option to terminate the bluetooth and use the iPhone. After you hang up, the iPhone pairs up with the bluetooth again.
Old 09-20-07, 01:20 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

How do I transfer my contacts to my car? Thanks.
Old 09-20-07, 04:12 PM
Perfection
Lead Lap

my iPhone works flawlessly with my IS, and I didnt have to wait in line like any of you, I ordered it
Old 09-20-07, 06:47 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
How do I transfer my contacts to my car? Thanks.
Did some research and found out you CANNOT transfer any contacts from the iPhone to the car:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread....31800&#4931800

Luckily I had put in some frequently used numbers into the NAV already with my old razr and those numbers work with the iPhone.
Old 09-20-07, 08:14 PM
pockyby
Pole Position

a question did any1 get their iphone unlock, if so can u turn the bluetooth on? y i ask is my brother-in-law's brother is have a problem with turnin on the BT, and cant make any connection and his phone in unlock.
Old 09-20-07, 10:30 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

There is a software now available to unlock them. One of my workers got it on his laptop from a friend of his yesterday and its pretty simple and fast. I'll ask him tomorrow how his friend got it and let you know.
Old 09-24-07, 08:07 AM
nighthawk
Pole Position

OK....my iphone is NOT pairing with my IS...please post your year (me 2006 IS250)....it comes up on the bluetooth menu since it finds it but when I click it, it thinks for a while then comes back and says "cannot connect with "IS" ".

What should I do? I love the phone but if it doesn't work with my car then....
Old 11-27-07, 08:41 PM
is250awd1
Driver School Candidate

Hey I was just wondering if you guys used your iPhones as an MP3 player in your car with the aux cable? I tried plugging my aux cable into my iPhone and it wouldn't play through the car speakers. I know the iPhone has another "ring" for the microphone in the headphone jack... would that be the problem? Or maybe I need to buy a new aux cable? Hope someone can help me out. Thanks
Old 11-27-07, 09:22 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Do you have the iphone adapter? Most 3.5mm plugs won't fit in the iphone.
Old 11-28-07, 10:47 AM
is250awd1
Driver School Candidate

these an aux iphone adapter? i never knew lol...im in canada and the iphone has yet (if ever) to come to canada...so there are no accessories for me to look at or buy lol...i tried using my old headphone made by Sony and they worked fine so i was just wondering why the aux cable from my car didnt work lol

Quick Reply: iPhone