IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

HID Foglight Install DIY Using NeverBurnOut (NBO) 9006 Conversion Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-07, 03:05 PM
fell_swoop
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HID Foglight Install DIY Using NeverBurnOut (NBO) 9006 Conversion Kit

I recently purchased an HID conversion kit from www.*****************. I got the 9006 conversion kit with 4300K to match my stock HIDs. Here is a link to the exact one I purchased. http://www.*****************/Xenon-HI...s-9006-s/6.htm I got this one because it is completely plug and play with the factory harness and does not require additional wiring to the battery or ground (I saw some other kits that require connections other than just to the factory harness).

Here is a picture of the kit out of the box.

To access the foglights I used the DIY post by TAMR_GUS98. Here is a link to that post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=foglight+diy Note that I accessed the drivers side the same way that I accessed the passenger side because I needed to have more room to mount the ballast. WEAR GLOVES, it saves your hands

I removed the bulb from the factory harness and then connected the factory harness to the HID kit to verify that everything was working. All of the plugs had matching female-male clips. Unlike normal light bulbs, the HID ballasts are polarity sensitive. Make sure you don't touch the bulbs directly.

After testing the lights I disconnected the harness and installed the HID bulb first. I then proceeded to reconnect the harness and performed another light test. Next came mounting the ballast. I securely zip-tied the ballast to a metal clip shown in this next figure.

I repeated the same proceedure for the other light. Here is a picture of the finished install.

The color is a pretty close match to the stock HIDs. I will take a look later tonight and post a picture of the beam pattern.

Cheers,
Old 06-02-07, 04:53 PM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wanted to do that too, but I want to use 6000k bulbs for the headlights and foglights. I think I am going to use philips brand stuff though. They are OEM quality.
Old 06-02-07, 10:12 PM
fell_swoop
Driver School Candidate

Default Beam Pattern

Here is a picture of the beam pattern at night against the garage. The light color is a pretty good match.

Old 06-08-07, 06:57 AM
T4styPh0
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the lights appear whiter in pictures than in person? Because I don't remember my headlights being that white.
Old 06-08-07, 07:14 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Wait wait wait.... If ever bulb is covered for life to never burn out, why do they sell replacement bulbs? Is it so people can change their existing HID bulbs to theirs?
Old 06-08-07, 07:26 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

looks really good. i like how they match. i dont care for the yellow lights. thanks for the post and info. any difference when driving at nite? how is the light pattern now? compared to the stock fogs?
Old 06-08-07, 08:33 AM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

You may want to mounted the ballast to the bumper support.

zip ties are not secured. Vibrations may reduce the life of your ballast. Heat from the ballast may also cause damage to the wires around it.

Otherwise, nice DIY!
Old 06-08-07, 08:40 AM
BounceNY
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Wait wait wait.... If ever bulb is covered for life to never burn out, why do they sell replacement bulbs? Is it so people can change their existing HID bulbs to theirs?
HAHA...i was thinking the same thing...
Old 06-15-07, 11:29 AM
tt061880
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

very nice, I'm planning to put either 4300k or 5000k on my fog. How is the color of the fog compare to the low? Is the fog more yellow or whiter? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 06-15-07, 01:44 PM
ReLexin
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice, sweet pics
Old 06-16-07, 12:29 AM
fell_swoop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by passnu2
looks really good. i like how they match. i dont care for the yellow lights. thanks for the post and info. any difference when driving at nite? how is the light pattern now? compared to the stock fogs?
The beam pattern is about the same as before. I used to have Noyka yellow fogs and I could notice outlier objects to the left and right more easily (I'm guessing due to the color not because of the beam pattern). The amount of light appears to be a lot more intense in front of the car and melts into the main beams so it provides nice front visiblity (the beam pattern still cuts at the low beam pattern so it doesn't effect oncoming traffic and I can still see the AFS working).

Originally Posted by tt061880
very nice, I'm planning to put either 4300k or 5000k on my fog. How is the color of the fog compare to the low? Is the fog more yellow or whiter? Thanks in advance for your help.
On power up the lows are more purple while the fogs are more blue. Once both lights have powered up the fogs are slightly whiter than the low beams from the sides. From the driver's seat I cannot tell where the fogs end and the lows begin.
Old 06-16-07, 03:29 PM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

lol I guess they "developed' an HID technology that OE manufacturers still havent found.

Unebelieveable what you find on line these days...
Old 06-16-07, 06:21 PM
jayhawk785
Driver School Candidate

zip ties secure it pretty well, i just did this method tonight. I zip tied the top to the same spot, zip tied the bottom to another. I dont think it will move anymore than if it were on the bumper (vibration etc). its also fixed fairly securely against the back plastic behind the fender.
Old 06-17-07, 01:07 AM
fell_swoop
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by XenonDepot
lol I guess they "developed' an HID technology that OE manufacturers still havent found.

Unebelieveable what you find on line these days...
I don't think they ever claimed to have "developed" new technology, they claim to use better components. And of course there's no doubt that the bulbs will burn out (as all bulbs do) but the fact that they'll replace them for free when they do is what appeals to me
Old 06-18-07, 11:09 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by fell_swoop
I don't think they ever claimed to have "developed" new technology, they claim to use better components. And of course there's no doubt that the bulbs will burn out (as all bulbs do) but the fact that they'll replace them for free when they do is what appeals to me
Who did you talk to? How was their service?

Is it just Plug N Play or You need use the Relay?

Thx,

Quick Reply: HID Foglight Install DIY Using NeverBurnOut (NBO) 9006 Conversion Kit