IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Found something that is really cool

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-07, 12:23 AM
sugarfish
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

blackberry 8700 shows battery/signal, i didn't know until this thread that some phone didn't show that info, good to know!
Old 06-20-07, 03:22 PM
dyerucf
Driver School Candidate

Default Treos

Originally Posted by cancellino
I have a treo (700w) and besides the phone being a peice of crap, when it wants to connect, the battery level and signal strength dont show either. In fact I am pretty happy if it recognizes the name.
There is a program for treos, google search jetware. Its a bluetooth expansion that gives you the ability to transfer phone book, and gives you single and battery on the car.
Old 06-20-07, 04:20 PM
nrsk4u
Pole Position

my wife has a "chocolate" and It shows bolth signal and battery but only 1 ring, no custom rings, wish they (Lexus) could do something to better the reception while driving for the sake of the person on the other end of the phone!!! lots of road noise
Old 06-20-07, 04:46 PM
Yang1815
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone has a RAZR MAXX from Verizon?
Old 06-21-07, 11:41 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nrsk4u
my wife has a "chocolate" and It shows bolth signal and battery but only 1 ring, no custom rings, wish they (Lexus) could do something to better the reception while driving for the sake of the person on the other end of the phone!!! lots of road noise
I've never had people complain about road noise. I have the chocolate as well. Maybe she has the windows open or the vents pointed toward the mic?
Old 06-22-07, 12:06 AM
ucdmoo
Rookie

I have a Samsung A900 and it doesn't show battery or signal strength. Plus, it always does this annoying thing where the car thinks the phone is making a call randomly when it's not. The car switches the speakers to the phone, I hear ringing as if I just called someone, even though I didn't touch the phone. No phone number shows up on the nav screen and when I open up my phone, it's stuck on my contacts page and definitely not dialing anyone. I hit hang up on the nav screen and 5 minutes later, it will do it again. It got so annoying, I had to turn off auto-connect. Sometimes my phone shuts off for no reason too when connected to the car's Bluetooth. So not sure what's going on here. Does this happen to anyone else? Same thing happens to my fiancee's A900, so it seems like it's a compatibility problem with the phone.
Old 06-22-07, 12:31 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,838 Likes on 2,327 Posts

I have a Treo 680 (Cingular) and I have both battery and signal strength with no mods to the phone at all.
Old 06-22-07, 09:19 AM
cancellino
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dyerucf
There is a program for treos, google search jetware. Its a bluetooth expansion that gives you the ability to transfer phone book, and gives you single and battery on the car.
Very Cool Thanks - I actually replaced that phone with the Blackberry 8830 (work) and it does show the Battery Strength and Signal...no ringtone compatability (yet).
Old 06-22-07, 09:26 AM
Buds
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
I have a Cingular 3125... I dont think any of the Cingular phones will show it. Guys if you are going to say what phone you have, say what service too because that can matter...
I've got a Blackberry 8300c from Cingular and it shows the battery level and connection.
Old 06-22-07, 09:34 AM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have Motorola L2 and it doesn't show it on the Nav. Hell, I am just excited I have a bluetooth functional phone.
Old 06-22-07, 11:12 AM
A.C Milan
Lead Lap

That's really cool, anyone knows another phone that does the same thing? I'm not a "Motorola" guy.

i've got a Nokia6630 and it doesn't show the Battery Strength and Signal.

and speaking about phones .. there will be a little present for every one just give me some time and you will see the thread .
Old 06-22-07, 11:17 AM
Yay-Z
Lead Lap

i have a blackberry pearl and it shows signal and battery life, caller id and contact!!!
Old 06-22-07, 11:53 AM
Shux
Driver School Candidate

My Cingular BB Pearl shows SS and battery meter
Old 06-22-07, 12:31 PM
IS250 4 Me
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
I have a Cingular 3125... I dont think any of the Cingular phones will show it. Guys if you are going to say what phone you have, say what service too because that can matter...
Amen! Don't complain about the phone or your car. Bluetooth is generally the same across all phones, and the car is the car. The functionality depends on your service provider, because some adjust the Bluetooth profile to only allow certain functions.

My Verizon LGVX8100 shows signal strength, battery life, and names, but I had to input the names in the car myself. My Verizon phone doesn't allow phone book transfer into the car's system.

With all the hackers we have in this forum, I'm surprised that no one has a way of hacking Bluetooth functionality in both Verizon and Cingular phones.
Old 06-22-07, 12:34 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

T-Mobile RAZR shows signal strength, but not battery...

Quick Reply: Found something that is really cool