IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Need a new Stock Rim....

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-07, 05:35 AM
Goldglv
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new Stock Rim....

I hit a pothole last week and bent my rim, it's not that bad but I was looking to get a new rim. I looked through a lot of the threads on here on this topic and I had a few questions.

I called a few wheel shops in my area (Central NJ) and I got prices from $125-$175 to have the rim fixed but they couldn't guarantee either price. I talked to Darrel over at Sewell Lexus and he had 2 options, a brand new rim for $380 or what he called a take-off rim for $200. He said a take-off rim is a rim that he takes off an IS that he still feels is in mint condition and then sells it.

I also looked online and the cheapest OEM rim I could find was at http://www.finishlinewheels.com/LEXU...06/A-74189U20/ They're charging $229 for one rim.

Do you guys know if sites like finishwheels.com do in fact have FACTORY lexus rims or are they knock offs? I just figured if I can get a new rim for $229 or a used one for $200 then I may as well buy a new one but I want to make sure it's a genuine Lexus rim.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 04-21-07, 07:33 AM
TheLexSter
Rookie

I'd opt for the take offs... it's still brand new, usually under 10 miles... Customers buy new rims at or before delivery and the dealer keeps the (old rims) What most customers do not know is that they can request the rims, and sell them on ebay for $$$.... good offset to the cost of upgraded rims
Old 04-21-07, 08:06 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, thats way over priced for one rim! I have mine on ebay right now! All four with about 100 miles on them, in perfect condition. Link
Old 04-21-07, 10:12 AM
Goldglv
Driver

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Wow, thats way over priced for one rim! I have mine on ebay right now! All four with about 100 miles on them, in perfect condition. Link
Thanks ben but I'm only looking for one 18 x 8 wheel but yeah, some of these are way overpriced. Anyone else have any ideas?
Old 04-21-07, 10:22 AM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goldglv
Thanks ben but I'm only looking for one 18 x 8 wheel but yeah, some of these are way overpriced. Anyone else have any ideas?
Check out some other auctions on ebay, I KNOW there are other sellers out there that sell just one rim. I have seen them go for about 150 shipped I think.
Old 04-21-07, 12:07 PM
kickin8
2IS/2RX/4RX

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

if u want local, try www.craigslist.org ?
not the greatest place to get.....ppl might scam you.
i never have any problems so far......
Old 04-21-07, 02:30 PM
SilverBull
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bent a rim on my Acura TL and had the same problem. I have since bought the wheel and tire insurance with my IS350. They will replace tires or wheels for up to 4 or 5 years for 400 bucks I think. When they tried to sell me on it I went for it based on experience with low profile tires. I think I already dinged up a rim.