IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

It must be open season on IS205/350s??

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-07, 08:54 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It must be open season on IS205/350s??

From the number of posts on here and what just happen to my baby this weekend it must be open hunting season on Lexus ISes right now!

Saturday night, someone backed into my IS 250 in a parking lot and it looks like they put a trailer hitch through the front bumper, taking out my passenger side fog light, scratching up to the bumper and tearing a big gash in it. Grrrrrr!

And of course they left a note with their contact and insurance information... NOT!!!! Double Grrrrr!

Unfortunately I did not have time to take pictures of the mess, but it did quite a number on her. It almost looks like it was done on purpose. Speaking with my excellent service rep at Northside, he said they have been seeing more than a few cases of vandalism of Lexus cars of late.

Anyway I just dropped her off this morning at Northside Lexus in Houston and they hope to have her back to me by the weekend. So far I'm truly impressed with the service at Northside and I think I am going to switch all my service to there.

The bad part is I'm stuck in a 4 banger corolla till then... I MISS MY CAR! I know I'm really going to appreciate her with she gets back.

I'll let everybody know how it turns out... I just need to commiserate.
Old 04-17-07, 10:26 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

damn

where did this happen?

find out if there were camera's around
Old 04-17-07, 10:45 AM
PhiDeltBee
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hate to hear it. About 2 weeks after I bought my 350Z, someone backed into me caused 3k in damage and just like you.....no note. I feel your pain.
Old 04-17-07, 11:51 AM
IS_Mine
Lexus Test Driver

Pics or it did not happen!

Okay I am just kidding but that is pretty terrible. I hate the fact people are so wreckless with cars you'd think the majority of people would pay more attention.. because whether it is your car or theirs it is still or can be an expensive piece of property to own!
Old 04-17-07, 12:05 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That happened to my last car. I was SOL due to the lack of full coverage. Someone drive their truck over the front of my car. People sould not drive trucks if they can't see over the dash!
Old 04-17-07, 08:08 PM
RamshakleZ
Pole Position

Does Northside not have free loaners like Westside does? What dealership did you get yours from? I'm about to buy a 350 in the next couple of weeks.
Old 04-18-07, 01:38 AM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

I just had honeycomb, front bumper, rear bumper AND rear quarter panel fixed for booboo's.

It sounds like my car was hit bad, but it was just a few little things easy to fix. I took my car to Glendale - Shawn Wells took good care of my car.
Old 04-18-07, 06:46 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

First, thanks to everybody that posted comments!

@RamshakleZ, You ONLY get free loaners if it is a service call not for collision repairs. So My insurance is footing the bill for the rental car.

On the plus side, Northside Lexus has a Toyota Car Rental right on site. So it was a simple "one stop shopping" experience. As I stated before I was VERY impressed with their service and facilities so far.

They were very busy Monday morning when I took the car in and short staffed because someone was out sick. As a result, I had to wait about 10 minutes before someone could see me. I had no problem with the wait but everybody there went out of their way to apologize. Before I left a manager came out to express how sorry he was for the wait and to ask if there was anything at all else they could do for me. It was a simple gesture BUT I very much appreciated it.

This is the type of service that I would expect from a luxury auto dealership and what I was GREATLY lacking at Lexus of Clear Lake.
Old 04-21-07, 05:50 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Well I got my baby back yesterday evening and she looks GREAT! The service at Northside Lexus was beyond my wildest expectations too. They completely hand waxed and buffed my car before returning it. When they pulled the car around, my jaw nearly hit the floor... it looks like it has been dipped in wet glass.

The quality of the repair is spot on as well. They matched the Smokey Granite Mica of the new bumper to the body of the car perfectly. The seams fit just as well as the factory bumper cover too. Again, I could not be more pleased.

It was super late when I got home so I did not get a chance to take any picts... I'll try to post some up tonight or tomorrow.

BTW... I SOOOOOOOO GLAD TO BE OUT OF THAT COROLLA!!!!!
Old 04-21-07, 09:01 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

It is SO refreshing to read a happy ending like this.
Please do post some pics.