IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Cheap ES350 Clear Door Lens

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-07, 11:47 PM
kschawaii
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AsianGirl007
Yup, I know quite a few people who got their's for free also.
did you guys steal them or something??? if so steal me a pair too...

im just kidding, but im just curious... how did you guys get yours for free??
Old 03-24-07, 12:15 AM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

probably loaned/rented a es350 and switched them..
Old 04-13-07, 01:24 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for this post man! I just ordered the lights from them and returned the ones I bought from toyota. They charged me 20 a light!
Old 04-13-07, 02:37 PM
joonsta
Lead Lap

Wouldn't it be much safer if you left the lights red...?

I mean, when you leave the door open on the side of a street, drivers will notice red MUCH better than regular light.

Also, I doubt anyone will go "hey, nice door lights!"

Just my thoughts and concerns ...
Old 04-13-07, 02:41 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by joonsta

I mean, when you leave the door open on the side of a street, drivers will notice red MUCH better than regular light.

Im not interested in safety. When I had them blue in my 03 accord, everyone who got in the front passenger seat noticed and commented on them. They are more unique looking when they are blue. Kinda like the illuminated door scuff panels. No purpose other than the "wow" factor.
Old 04-13-07, 03:15 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

Default Clear lenses

Guys just as a heads up, these are toyota oe parts, so if any needs them we can order them for you. Same price as posted in the very first post.

310-522-2383

Luis.
Old 04-13-07, 03:24 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ben_r_
Thanks for this post man! I just ordered the lights from them and returned the ones I bought from toyota. They charged me 20 a light!
no problem.....just glad i can help fellow CL members out
Old 04-13-07, 03:26 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by joonsta

actually no....the red door lights are very dim...stock halogen bulbs trying to illuminate red plastic is a no no....after i put clear lens in and put 5 led blue refractors....the lights are so bright that when i acutally open my door i have a lot of light to see where im stepping and you can see the lights from far back..ill take pix soon of all the lights i have installed so you can see for yourself
Old 04-13-07, 06:20 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iskcon
actually no....the red door lights are very dim...stock halogen bulbs trying to illuminate red plastic is a no no....after i put clear lens in and put 5 led blue refractors....the lights are so bright that when i acutally open my door i have a lot of light to see where im stepping and you can see the lights from far back..ill take pix soon of all the lights i have installed so you can see for yourself
Nice, thanks! Could you also post where you got your led refractors from for these lights? I want to order those now too.

Also I saw you only have the stock 17s on your IS, I still have the brand new stock 18s sitting in my garage, if your interested. I bought the chromes separate and got the keep the non chrome ones asa result. They only had about 100-150 miles on them and not a single mark or scratch. Youd just have to get some new tires. PM me if your interested as I have been thinking of putting them on fleabay soon.
Old 04-13-07, 06:33 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Nice, thanks! Could you also post where you got your led refractors from for these lights? I want to order those now too.

Also I saw you only have the stock 17s on your IS, I still have the brand new stock 18s sitting in my garage, if your interested. I bought the chromes separate and got the keep the non chrome ones asa result. They only had about 100-150 miles on them and not a single mark or scratch. Youd just have to get some new tires. PM me if your interested as I have been thinking of putting them on fleabay soon.

Hey ben_r,

Ok here are the LED's I bought for my car:

Door Courtesy Lights: 5 Led 194 Refractor (Spark Blue) 1 piece
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...5784QQtcZphoto

Puddle Lights: Same As Above

Vanity Lights & Front Interior Dome Lights: 1 piece for the vanity lights
2 pieces for the dome lights (requires 3 bulbs so you will get 1 extra)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2pcs-...5639QQtcZphoto

Rear Interior Dome and Trunk Light: 2 pieces for interior dome
1 piece for trunk light
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1pc-3...7896QQtcZphoto

This guy has really good stuff and so the quality is great. The lights are very bright and he has good customer support. However, shipping just takes a while because it comes via postal mail (from Hong Kong) and sometimes takes a while at customs. It took me 6 days to come to my house (NJ) so you maybe able to judge how long it will come to your house.

I will post pictures very soon if you want to see how it looks but trust me, it looks AMAZING (especially if you have illuminated scuff plates - its )

And regarding your 18", yeah im Interested
Old 04-13-07, 06:41 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Yea I want those scuff plates very badly! One thing at a time though. I just bought the car like 10 days ago so this month im a little stretched for cash. But those will come soon. The lights however... thanks for the post, Im going to order some now!

About the rims, Ill try to take some pics tomorrow and post them here. I want to do the transaction through ebay and paypal so that both buyer and seller is protected. Too bad we dont live closer as you could do a pick up, but Ill do my best to keep shipping down to a minimum. My family owns a shipping company so I should be able to get a good deal via UPS ground. I was hoping to get around 500 for them (including the center caps of course) as I was hoping to recover some of the cost of the chrome ones. Thats also about what they seem to be going for in a set on ebay except shipping from there is usually a little higher (around 100). I am guessing that shipping will be around 60-70 for me, but like I said I have to box em up and find out.

Last edited by ben_r_; 04-13-07 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-13-07, 06:45 PM
RU514
Lead Lap

Yea I want those scuff plates very badly! One thing at a time though. I just bought the car like 10 days ago so this month im a little stretched for cash. But those will come soon. The lights however... thanks for the post, Im going to order some now!

About the rims, Ill try to take some pics tomorrow and post them here. I want to do the transaction through ebay and paypal so that both buyer and seller is protected. Too bad we dont live closer as you could do a pick up, but Ill do my best to keep shipping down to a minimum. My family owns a shipping company so I should be able to get a good deal via UPS ground. I was hoping to get around 500 for them (including the center caps of course) as I was hoping to recover some of the cost of the chrome ones. I am guessing that shipping will be around 60-70, but like I said I have to box em up and find out.
Yeah, try to get the scuff plates asap. It matches perfectly with the clear door lens + 5 led blue refractor and now I'm coming to think why Lexus didn't put blue door courtesy lights to begin with to match the scuff plates

Regarding the wheels, lol yeah I'm tight on money too at the moment so after posting pictures you have I will decide whether to buy them or not....but sorry no guarantees that I'll be able to buy them
Old 04-13-07, 06:50 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by iskcon
Yeah, try to get the scuff plates asap. It matches perfectly with the clear door lens + 5 led blue refractor and now I'm coming to think why Lexus didn't put blue door courtesy lights to begin with to match the scuff plates

Regarding the wheels, lol yeah I'm tight on money too at the moment so after posting pictures you have I will decide whether to buy them or not....but sorry no guarantees that I'll be able to buy them
Hey its cool buddy, I totally understand. Im not trying to hold anyone to anything!
Old 04-13-07, 07:13 PM
DailyDrive
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Carson-Lex
Guys just as a heads up, these are toyota oe parts, so if any needs them we can order them for you. Same price as posted in the very first post.

310-522-2383

Luis.
So will they be 23.80 shipped? crossing fingers
Old 04-13-07, 07:58 PM
ben_r_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DailyDrive
So will they be 23.80 shipped? crossing fingers
They were 27.32 shipped for me.

Quick Reply: Cheap ES350 Clear Door Lens