IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bluetooth phonebook transfer

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-07, 07:12 AM
vanduse1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth phonebook transfer

I have a BlackBerry 7130e (Verizon Wireless) and see on the Lexus.com site that it does not transfer the phonebook entries. Does anyone know why this is? I have an aftermarket Parrot system on my other vehicle and it works just fine. So, it is something on the Lexus side and not in my phones software. Is there any fix or workaround to this? Thanks!
Old 02-21-07, 07:46 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not Lexus. Its the phone. I had a blackberry 8703 E and it wouldn't transfer. Verizon disables all bluetooth functionality except head set and handsfree profiles. There are a few others but only if you use verizon accessories.
Old 02-21-07, 07:58 AM
vanduse1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tcho82
Its not Lexus. Its the phone. I had a blackberry 8703 E and it wouldn't transfer. Verizon disables all bluetooth functionality except head set and handsfree profiles. There are a few others but only if you use verizon accessories.
Well, I have a Parrot CK3100 and it auto-syncs everytime it connects with my 7130e. So, I am not sure what Parrot does different but it is working. So, there is some difference with the Lexus. Perhaps the phonebook transfer is different than the auto-sync that the Parrot does???
Old 02-21-07, 08:03 AM
FinanceGuy
Driver

I had a samsung t809 and it transferred the entire phonebook. When I switched phones to the t-mobile dash, it wouldn't transfer it. I've actually lost a lot of features in the change. Fortuanately, the numbers are still stored from when I used the Samsung and it still shows the caller's info when I get a call.
Old 02-26-07, 10:10 AM
racinghart
Pole Position

yah i have the LG 8600/Flip Face version of the LG Chocolate Phone. I cant for the life of me understand how to transfer it to my car!
Old 02-26-07, 11:03 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

can you do this with any bluetooth phone? or does it have to be a blackberry. i have the Motorola Razor from Verizon....i havent really messed with it but i do find sometimes it displays numbers and sometimes it doesnt?? its inconsisten and it could be the same numer and person. thanks!
Old 02-26-07, 11:33 AM
nehal51086
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

some phones do not send the whole phone book...like the razr for example...that is what i have...but luckly i am on cingular and have a sim card...i just put min into a phone that can and sent the phonebook that way...
Old 03-05-07, 09:47 PM
rubberduck
Driver School Candidate

>>I had a blackberry 8703 E and it wouldn't transfer. Verizon disables all >>bluetooth functionality except head set and handsfree profiles. There are >>a few others but only if you use verizon accessories.

I ran into this issue when I tried to load my Blackberry Pearl. After combing the web, it turns out that the initial reason why Blackberry's addressbook could not be transferred was because of a request made by the US government to disallow that functionality (a bunch of employees use the BBs. ). This was a while back ago .. 2005

Anyways, I was just curious and failed to upload my book. I then downloaded the latest software for my Pearl (I'm a T-Mobile subscriber) and tried again. This time it work!

So perhaps, you should try upgrading your software first before trying. If you need any more help, feel free to ask -
Old 03-05-07, 10:17 PM
Irishman06
Lead Lap

The salesman was impressed when my Treo 700p could transfer the whole phone book in one swoop. It was a nice feature to have.

The problem I get, though, is that the caller ID displayed on the nav screen is actually the previous caller, not the current one. The Call ID is right on my phone, is this a Lexus or a Palm bluetooth issue?