IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lexus of Seattle

Old 02-06-07, 07:48 PM
PGP250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus of Seattle

Hello all,

I am new to this forum and had a few questions for the IS owners in seattle and surrounding areas. I am in the market to purchase an IS250 rwd. I saw the other thread about purchase price but i would like to see how much people in seattle bought their cars for. Also, where did u get ur IS and who was the sales associate. Thanks
Old 02-06-07, 09:04 PM
is2seattle
Lead Lap

I got IS250 AWD W/O NAV for 36,000 from Lexus of Seattle. And one of my friend got IS250 AWD WITH NAV for 37,000 from Lexus of Bellevue.
Old 02-06-07, 09:29 PM
Drunkebuda
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay lexus of seattle and bellevue has low stock inventory goshhh, plus they dont do dealer swaps, so everything has to be ordered from Japan and its a 6-12 month wait which i hate. The one good thing about lexus of bellevue is that you can get a is250 that has x package and they have a lot in stock, talk to nick wilcox and say thai reccomed you to him. Hes great to deal with and he has no bs to give you. He tells you flat out how much he will go for and that is that soo no need to haggle for hours
Old 02-07-07, 12:57 AM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Also try Lexus of Eugene and Lexus of Portland. I ended up getting at Lexus of Eugene.
Old 02-07-07, 01:29 AM
PGP250
Driver School Candidate

drunkebuda... i went into lexus of seattle a few days ago and they said that they do swaps.. they asked me if i was interested in a is250 and said that if i put a deposit of 1000 they would contact me as soon as one arrived. I understand that the deposit is 100% refundable and the lexus guy told me it should arrive in about 2 weeks. have i been fooled?
Old 02-07-07, 09:39 AM
myis250
Driver School Candidate

I just recently purchased my 07 IS250 AWD w/NAV for 35,500 at Lexus of Seattle. I think I got a okay deal, I didn't have to negotiate that hard to get that price. They quoted me 1200 for the 3M clear bra install, I got it for 800.
Old 02-07-07, 11:26 AM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

Can't help ya with the pricing but I can give you the sales people I have talked to there. I bought my '02 IS300 from Jim Simmonds, awesome buying experience, no BS, and got it done quickly. Next I dealt with Matt Schwenke when I was looking at the GX470's, he was easy to deal with, seemed a little fresh at the game but didn't BS me. We ended up buying our GX from Lexus of Portland but for the life of me I can't remember the sales persons name.

The person I got fed up with and the reason I didn't buy my GX there is Scott Lance, at the time he was the service manager and the biggest lying POS I have ever come across at any dealership.

When I bought my GX at Lexus of Portland I didn't have my registration in my '02 IS300. It was still at Lexus of Seattle when we were negotiating with them they took it out to make a copy and didn't put it back. The Portland guys actually wanted to drive my IS to the Seattle dealership to retrieve the registration and maybe to rub in the fact that they sold me the GX???
Old 02-07-07, 01:04 PM
AndrewDC
Rookie

Hey PGP, I really recommend not buying a car from Lexus of Seattle...

I've been a Lexus owner for 7 years and have had my car serviced at 6 Lexus Service Centers. I work in Everett and although the natural choice for me to frequent Lexus of Seattle, I now make the trip to Lexus of Bellevue. The service department is not at all reflective of Lexus when it comes to personal attention and I have received subpar service on numerious occasions.

One instance...
Last year, I had a flat tire and drove to Lexus of Seattle to find a replacement. They told me my tire needed to be replaced but had none of the right size in stock - and that it would take some time for one to arrive. I asked if I could be given a loaner while I waited for a new tire and was denied one. Since I live in Queen Anne and drive to Everett everyday for work (40 miles of highway per day), using the spare for that amount of time was not an option. I asked for help to find another tire center nearby (since I was new to the area) and was given a phone book and the tire size written on a piece of paper.
The first place I called was Lexus of Bellevue. They told me they had no tire in stock, but would provide me with a loaner while I waited for one to arrive. I immediately drove down to their service center, was treated with dignity and respect (unlike at Lexus of Seattle), and was given a loaner car for the two weeks. That was my last time at Lexus of Seattle and I'll never go back.
Old 02-07-07, 01:17 PM
Orzel
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus of Seattle

We bought both Lexus (Lexi) from LofS and cannot quibble about the way we have been treated. Our sales associate was Matt Schwenke (for both our RX and the IS), and we were never pressured on either vehicle. Contrary to what is indicated up-thread, our service experience has been quite good. There was a mistake made at one point on our RX and LofS went above and beyond to not only correct the error (wrong grill replacement – Thundercloud Edition v. regular RX), but provided us with free service for the next required interval.

When we were looking at the IS, we wanted a 250 AWD and LofS offered to search all dealers in the NW region and find us the one that had the color, interior and equipment we wanted. As it turned out, they got one in that fit the bill perfectly, so we didn’t need to take advantage of that offer. We also found that they were very competitive with Lexus of Bellevue, Spokane, Portland etc. on pricing.

So far we’re quite happy with Seattle and will continue to have the vehicles serviced there as well as buy our replacements (waiting for the new RX to come out!).