IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got New 07 IS250. Need help on accessories for San Diego Area!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-07, 10:46 AM
TakaM
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Got New 07 IS250. Need help on accessories for San Diego Area!

I finally got new Tungsten Pearl/Black 07 IS250 w/ Manual Transmission for my wifey (what's hers is mine!).

I been lurking this forum for past few weeks and the information has helped greatly!

Now I need your help on following accessories (I have searched and read all pertaining postings so looking for additional info):

1. Clear Bra - I know majority of you recommend AeroTect but it is a bit of drive from South San Diego (Chula Vista). I know other recommendation is Premiere who comes down here occasionally. Anyone get clear bra installed by Modern Image? Price? Result?

2. Spoiler Installer - I'll be buying the spoiler but I prefer professional to install it (I am quite DIY but not worth taking the risk of the drill bit slipping).
Few of you recommend Kansai as the insaller but San Gabriel Valley is too far.
Anyone in San Diego you would recommend?

3. Tint - I've read through the "official tint thread" and about 100 others so my question would be specific. I'm considering Tint Devil in Kearny Mesa. Anyone in particular that should be doing the install or everybody who works there knows how to tint IS250?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-02-07, 11:01 AM
IS2Fizzle
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. Haven't had any experience with Modern Image, so can't say. However, they are a Xpel clear bra installer and have done numerous graphics on show cars, so they can't be bad.

2. Have the spoiler put on at LexFx (Bob Baker Lexus).

3. Don't go to Tint Devil. Go to Alvin O's in Kearny Mesa for top dollar tint. Personally, I went all the way to Escondido so I could get FormulaOne Pinnacle tint.
Old 01-02-07, 11:24 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. Clear-bra is pretty hard to pick out where to go. Maybe Bob Baker Lexus? It's just that the price might be a little high... then again so will anyplace. People are recommending AeroTect because they have good prices and they do quality work.

2. +1 for Bob Baker Lexus

3. There are a bunch of tint places here, but I haven't heard anything bad about Tint Devil. I went there to ask questions after a place in PB screwed up my tint and rubber door trim. They seem like they know what they're talking about and looks like a reputable place. Got the rear windshield done at Diamond Auto Sound in Miramar.

oh... and congrats on the car! hope to see you at some future meets!
Old 01-02-07, 01:19 PM
DagsIS350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by IS2Fizzle
1. Haven't had any experience with Modern Image, so can't say. However, they are a Xpel clear bra installer and have done numerous graphics on show cars, so they can't be bad.

2. Have the spoiler put on at LexFx (Bob Baker Lexus).

3. Don't go to Tint Devil. Go to Alvin O's in Kearny Mesa for top dollar tint. Personally, I went all the way to Escondido so I could get FormulaOne Pinnacle tint.

1. Sorry, cant help you there

2. I had mine installed @ Kearny Mesa Lexus

3. I agree with IS2Fizzle... Go to Alvin O's. I orginally went to Diamond 1st and the guy mentioned that he would just yank out the tweeter in the door (instead of pulling the whole door panel off) and I told him no thanks. I'd pay the extra money and get it done right. Alvin did a great job.
Old 01-02-07, 02:15 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you should just sacrifice one day and make the trip up and get everything done and installed on the same day.
Old 01-02-07, 02:18 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm gonna make a copy of this thread in the SoCal Regional Forum. Check that section out for suggestions from other ClubLexus members that may not frequent the IS forum...
Old 01-02-07, 02:33 PM
TakaM
Driver

Thanks for the replies/repost. Keep it coming.

I may have to drive to LA but my time is also limited........

Last edited by TakaM; 01-04-07 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-04-07, 02:34 PM
TakaM
Driver

Okay....you guys will laugh at this.........

I visited both Tint Devil and Alvin O's today to just to check their shop and get a quote. Tint Devil quoted, showed me the process, checked some film out, all normal process.

Then I went to Alvin O's, parked my car, and went into the shop.
Met guy named Joey, and he said he'll get Alvin to introduce me.
Then I see Alvin Olfato, our family friend (my wife is a good friend with his wife).......we hugged/shooked hands/high fived as Alvin loudly yelled with a big smile "Taka...what the heck are you doing here?"

We're obviously family friends that we don't talk much about business and I didn't put two and two together.....

My wife does talk about Alvin in "detailing business" but apparently that was bit of a misinformation (detailing to me is waxing and cleaning...not tinting).

After a laugh, I'll be scheduling with Alvin for obvious reason.

I'll also be E-mailing several of my friends to see what they do for work.......