IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New IS350 General Questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-06, 09:58 PM
Eritsuke
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New IS350 General Questions

Hello all, this is my first post, I've just got the time to actually find a good Lexus quality board to post on. A little about me, I've been driving Toyotas or growing in Toyotas most of my life. I'm 22 and I am actually lucky to be influenced by Toyota drivers in my family.

Now my questions about the IS350. I have a 2006 LS430, and I wanted to know if the IS350 had some of the things that the LS430 has. Does the IS350 have:

Ambient Lighting?
Can you get a Luxury Package with the Sport Suspension?
Can you purchase it without a sunroof?

I'm pretty sure I have more questions, it's just not popping out of my head right now. I know I want to get one, but I just wanted to know what my options are before I go back into the dealership. Thanks a lot and all comments are welcome.
Old 10-26-06, 10:34 PM
Crazy Yoda
Pole Position

Best thing i can say is to go and check out the lexus website. I think that will answer many of your questions. Also a trip to Edmunds will help. Also check the sticky posts at the top.
Old 10-26-06, 10:43 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

It does have ambient lighting

AFIK, you cannot get the Lux package with the sports suspension. I know for 2006 you couldn't for sure. The options for 2007 are a bit more flexable so I can't be 100% certain on that.

I have yet to see a 2IS without a sunroof
Old 10-27-06, 11:27 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

You currently drive a 06 LS430 and want to change into the IS ?
I think that will be one helluva transition - I can't think of 2 completely opposite vehicles to compare, the only thing in common are the 'L' badges and 4 doors.

Anyway, to address your questions, you cannot get the luxury & sports suspension together, it is a bit counter-intuitive. Most people would just get the luxury pkg and add AM springs or coilovers to create their own sports suspension. You *can* get an IS w/out the moonroof if you order the X pkg and specify no moonroof, otherwise it is standard for all ISs. As for ambient lighting, not really sure what you mean so cannot respond.
Old 10-27-06, 11:35 AM
adoni77
Driver School Candidate

question about lexus.com. I did the build your Lexus, and it seemed off. I build a IS350 but when it was said and done, it was telling me it was a 2.5 engine, only 200+hp. And the options were way differant from Edmunds.com. I was just wondering if anyone else notice a problem with the site?
Old 10-27-06, 11:46 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

packaging and availability differs by region, no?
Old 10-27-06, 11:49 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
That is correct^
Old 10-27-06, 12:04 PM
Eritsuke
Driver

Originally Posted by socalJD
You currently drive a 06 LS430 and want to change into the IS ?
I think that will be one helluva transition - I can't think of 2 completely opposite vehicles to compare, the only thing in common are the 'L' badges and 4 doors.

Anyway, to address your questions, you cannot get the luxury & sports suspension together, it is a bit counter-intuitive. Most people would just get the luxury pkg and add AM springs or coilovers to create their own sports suspension. You *can* get an IS w/out the moonroof if you order the X pkg and specify no moonroof, otherwise it is standard for all ISs. As for ambient lighting, not really sure what you mean so cannot respond.
Well, I wanted to get another daily driver car, and I was looking at the ISX50 as one of my top choices, I didn't want to go with an ES350 and I think going to get a GS350 would just be too big. I was looking for another smaller car to get going with.

I read all of the posts on here and it seems like the only thing I can do is buy the luxury package and get some coilovers after that, which I will do a search for on the forums. I'll probably go down to the dealer today just to take a look at a few and see if he'll let me take an IS350 out for a drive. I already have the 2007 brochure and another post said that the items vary by region, so if I put an order in, will it not be acknowledged?

Thanks a lot.
Old 10-27-06, 12:18 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by projectdna
Yes, but not the engine!
Old 10-28-06, 10:45 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should special order an 07 LUX w/ X-package(that will give you the sport suspension) and maybe tell the dealer you want the stock wheels or upgrade to ISP or G-Spyder or even take the X-package wheels if you like them. You can special order an X-package with no moonroof but I'm pretty sure that is the only way, all the other packages include it.
Old 10-29-06, 12:17 PM
Eritsuke
Driver

So you can order an 07 with the luxury package and the X-package, I thought you could only order one or the other. Can another person confirm this.
Old 10-29-06, 12:37 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well here in CA, dealerships have Premium Package and X-package combined(a few CL members have this) so I would assume you could get LUX and X-package.
Old 10-29-06, 09:06 PM
ExSkyPup24
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Eritsuke
Hello all, this is my first post, I've just got the time to actually find a good Lexus quality board to post on. A little about me, I've been driving Toyotas or growing in Toyotas most of my life. I'm 22 and I am actually lucky to be influenced by Toyota drivers in my family.

Now my questions about the IS350. I have a 2006 LS430, and I wanted to know if the IS350 had some of the things that the LS430 has. Does the IS350 have:

Ambient Lighting?
Can you get a Luxury Package with the Sport Suspension?
Can you purchase it without a sunroof?

I'm pretty sure I have more questions, it's just not popping out of my head right now. I know I want to get one, but I just wanted to know what my options are before I go back into the dealership. Thanks a lot and all comments are welcome.

A 22 year old with a Lexus LS430?? Are you blessed with weathly parents? Wow... congrats.
Old 10-29-06, 09:35 PM
Evitzee
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ExSkyPup24
A 22 year old with a Lexus LS430?? Are you blessed with weathly parents? Wow... congrats.
LOL, I thought the same thing. What happened to the times when the top vehicles were something that was a reward for a long, successful career? It seems now kids in their teens are getting Lexus' and Rolex' to start out life with, i.e. instant gratification. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I guess I was born too early.
Old 10-30-06, 01:41 AM
Eritsuke
Driver

Originally Posted by Evitzee
LOL, I thought the same thing. What happened to the times when the top vehicles were something that was a reward for a long, successful career? It seems now kids in their teens are getting Lexus' and Rolex' to start out life with, i.e. instant gratification. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but I guess I was born too early.
Actually, I've been working since I was 16 years old and got into investments early in my life, as you can see it actually worked out for me. I wasn't one of the fortunate kids that got money from their parents. Like you said though, it's not bad like that.

Quick Reply: New IS350 General Questions