IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aerotect - Wonderful experience! New Central Panel Protective Set ready for order!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 05:58 PM
kenjimaru
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerotect - Wonderful experience! New Central Panel Protective Set ready for order!

I just want to give Francisco, Jeanie, and the crews a big prop for today's Clear Bra Installation , totally professional, helpful, and humerous!

Anyways, I upgraded from the basic kit to the extended hood, so the entire coverage would be the extended hood, side mirrors, partial fender, whole bumper, door edges (4), inside the door handles, and top of my rear bumper.
As you can tell from the picture, I don't think the line is very obvious even on a black is 250!

I mentioned to Francisco that lots of owners had been complaining about how easily the maple's eye central panel being easily scratched, and we went ahead and developed a kit for it. Check out the pictures below. My immediate reaction was that, disregard the owners who hasn't had their central panel being scratched up already, even the ones who had their's under heavy abrasion can be literally "cured" by the this new kit. The film basically restores the original shine. Now i can finally place stuffs on top of the central panel without worrying about scratching it!

Francisco, working on the installation. Please Notice that only a very small amount of water needs to be used for this installation

Details on the edges of the film, see how well they aligned!

An overall look of the panel after the film had been installed

You guys can call Aerotect if you would like to purchase the kit for your central panel!

Anyways, any black IS 250/350 owners who is thinking about having their vehicles done, i urge you guys to call Aerotect immediately for appointments!
Pm me if you have any question!
Old 10-17-06, 07:07 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

wow..... that kit for the central panel looks awsome I think I will buy one for my car!!!!
thanks!! excellent review kenjimaru, can you please post the address of areotect and their phone number so I can make an appointment. also can you tell us how much you paid for the whole packge??? thanks
Old 10-17-06, 07:12 PM
CHAPIN33
Pole Position

Looks Great!
Old 10-17-06, 07:51 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Looks like it will protect well, but unfortunately LOOKS like plastic covered wood.

Has anyone actually tried removing 3M film? Wonder it it would pull off the veneer.
Old 10-17-06, 08:43 PM
silversx
Driver

yeah it looks plasticish..

lol im still waiting for someone to wrap their whole car in plastic and put the car detailing industry out of business

im **** about detailing my car but i guess theres always someone who'll take it to another level.. i still prefer the shine of paint with out plastic distorting the optical reflectivity
Old 10-17-06, 09:58 PM
kenjimaru
Driver

Aerotect 909-596-0053

I don't think it looks like plastic covering wood though, hehe, yet it is better than having it all scratched up over the years!
Old 10-17-06, 10:13 PM
mvallido
Pole Position

I wonder how that thing would hold up in Vegas during the summer.
Old 10-17-06, 10:34 PM
kenjimaru
Driver

give it a try!
Old 10-17-06, 10:43 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

How can you tell if it looks plasticish from the picture? The wood part is already coated in something that looks plasticish from the factory. I would be down to get this done considering I can already see scratches on mine.
Old 10-17-06, 10:47 PM
kenjimaru
Driver

hey silverLexo,

I think it is a very simple installation, anyone can do it within let's say, 5 mins.

Francisco showed me the film that was used on the panel, which is different than the ones we use for for the clear bra. He told me that this type of film for the central panel is apparently more reflective, that's why he used it to make my prototype ones.
Old 10-17-06, 11:17 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

I pass for now.
Hold on to the carbon fiber interior mod!
Old 10-18-06, 02:43 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Im getting this for sure!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-18-06, 07:19 AM
kenjimaru
Driver

glad to hear that
Old 10-18-06, 08:03 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
How can you tell if it looks plasticish from the picture?
Did you even look at the large pictures?!? The orange peel from the film is VERY obvious... http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0173bh5.jpg
Old 10-18-06, 09:19 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TimboIS
Did you even look at the large pictures?!? The orange peel from the film is VERY obvious... http://img154.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0173bh5.jpg
hehe didnt click the links.
I guess I'd like to find out more about the removal process before I put it in my interior. But overall it sounds lie a good idea to keep it protected. I'm kind of worried what the stock interior will look like after 3-5yrs.

Quick Reply: Aerotect - Wonderful experience! New Central Panel Protective Set ready for order!