IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

The worse dealer service ever!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 05:01 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down The worse dealer service ever!

I brought my car in for 5k service as well as the warranty fix of the bumber at keys lexus on van nuys last wed. Yesterday I called them and asked for the status of my car, they said that they couldn't find my car on the systems, and transfer me to one of the manager of the service department. However, the guy didn't pick up the phone, so I left him a messaged, thinking that he'll call me back today. He did not return the call. Today I started to call them and they kept on transferring me around, and told me that they will get somebody to call me back in 5 mins (3 times). Again, no one call me back. Therefore, I just give them a call back 5 mins ago. Same story....Transferring my called to manager....no one pick up the phone....I think I have to go down there and find out where my car is at this moment....
Sorry. for the long story....but I was so **** ...... If anyone thinking about bringing his/her car in van nuys lexus, I wouldn't recommanded...
Old 09-26-06, 05:15 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of anything like that - they can't find the car in the system. What does THAT mean??? That, plus the fact that they don't return your calls is disconcerning. Something may be wrong. Forget the telephone. Go down there with a friend (witness) and find out what's going on; meet with the GM if necessary.

Keep us posted.

Good luck!
Old 09-26-06, 06:06 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Not surprised. I tried contacting Keyes when I was shopping my IS. Left at least 2 voice messages and several emails for their "internet manager". Never rec'd a reply. Their loss, I bought from Longo and will never recommend anyone to Keyes . . .
Old 09-26-06, 06:19 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

WOW.......I've never had problems with Keyes when my former ES 300 was purchased and serviced. I'm having problems with Longo.
Old 09-26-06, 06:19 PM
tgara
Pole Position

Keyes has always been a crummy dealership, and not just for Lexus. Their Toyota dealer is one of the worst in the SF valley and has been so for years.

A lost car, eh? Well, that's a new one. I'd definitely slam them on the after-service report, and perhaps even call the corporate office. And now call-backs after leaving multiple messages is just rude. Those are totally unacceptable business practices, and must be responded to by customers.
Old 09-26-06, 06:36 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not suprised. I had a similar incident at Bay Ridge Lexus in New York city. They will just transfer you around. One says this, and another says that. Your dealer really needs to train their employees - "I couldn't find your car in our system" - saying this to a customer is really unacceptable. If you can't find the car in the system, that's fine - not your fault, put the customer on hold, don't say something like this to scare the customer. Getting info from a dealer on phone really doesn't work from my past experience. But, I'm sure your car will be fine, my friend.
Old 09-26-06, 06:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Oh, I thought the dealership messed up your car. Alas, everyone has bad employees who cannot work the phones or the computers. However, I think it is more important for a car dealership (or for a bank) that they can find your account, your car, or your records; that's not good.

Do they not know you at your dealership? Probably not over the phone but when I walk in the place, they (most) actually recognize me. Hopefully you can work towards that relationship with your dealership (of your choice).
Old 09-26-06, 08:37 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Do you have one of their loaner vehicles?

Last Wednesday is seven days ago ...
Old 09-26-06, 09:11 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Since they keep giving you the runaround, I'd recommend letting them know you're calling the police to report your car stolen.
Old 09-26-06, 09:40 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Since they keep giving you the runaround, I'd recommend letting them know you're calling the police to report your car stolen.
yeah, don't do that.
Old 09-27-06, 12:50 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

well now i know.. no keyes and no longo..
goto cerritos.. no problem so far.
Old 09-27-06, 01:04 AM
flyfl1pguy

Van Nuys Lexus Went there they are crap. You should have went to VALENCIA which is a little bit closer.
Old 09-27-06, 01:09 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

all these problems going on.. just making sure that first 5k service is free right? bringing it to Longo this weekend
Old 09-27-06, 06:17 AM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by kensteele
yeah, don't do that.
So you're saying if a dealership has your car for a week and when you call checking the status they tell you they have no record of it. Days go by and no one calls you back even though you have called multiple times already. That is not a lost/stolen car?
Old 09-27-06, 06:58 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

I had their loaner. They gave me the 07 es350. I couldn't go down there yesterday, but I'll definitely take off work early today to find out the answer. Thanks for sharing guys and gal.

Quick Reply: The worse dealer service ever!