Should i trade my car in

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-06, 02:50 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should i trade my car in

I currently have a is250 6 speed manual

I kinda want to trade it in now after 11 months because its kinda slow and plus i want the whole nav thing w/ the toys...just coudln't get it due to availability... i just wanted stick that bad but now its out of my system

my other options are

2000 or 2002 NSX
or
06/07 IS350 w/ nav

and no i don't want a g35
and yes i am aware these are 2 totally diff cars.

Trade in Value is about 26,500 after i bought it for 31k otd.

I am more toward the is350 because I already modded my 250 w/ suspension, wheels, blah blah blah and i can transfer them over from the 250 vs getting nsx and modding it all over again

Last edited by ihkskim; 09-22-06 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-22-06, 02:52 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would you be getting the same color(if you went 350)? Possibly ML even(you wouldn't want to have another regret ) White looks great on an IS.
Old 09-22-06, 02:56 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

i don't regret my car.... i just want something faster.. i thought 250 was sufficient beause i came from a slow *** accord 4 banger sedan so when i test drove it. i was happy haha.. but i think if i wanted manual i should get a car suitable for stick.. i'm just in a dilemma between the two because those 2 cars have their ups and downs..

i don't care about ML. the stock stereo is fine w/ me. and yea i'd probably get the same color. white is great
Old 09-22-06, 03:17 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

I don't know how anyone could really answer your question. It's your money and your decision. I don't mean that in a rude way, but it is what it is. We don't know your personal finances. Can you afford it? Forget the "should have bought the 350 in the first place speech if so." If you can afford it then I say do it as you won't ever really be happy with the 250 if you’re already not happy with it. Just make sure you know EXACTLY what you want so when you make your move you will be happy with it.

2000 NSX? Different car. Different purpose. Nice sports car that can't do many of the things your IS can. What are your wants and needs in a car??

Also, the NAV is great and so are the HID's and the memory seats. The steering wheel automatically moving in and up when turning off the engine on the lux and sports package is a huge bonus!
Old 09-22-06, 03:21 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if I got the $$$, I would trade in for 07IS350, fully loaded with ML, NAV. Everything, so that I won't regret later and also since it's a trade in, so make it worth it. I don't like 2000 NSX, so for me, i would get is 350
Old 09-22-06, 03:23 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

yea thats why i'm in a dilemma.. both cars have thier ups and downs. haha a few of my friends have nsx's and thats twhy i want one.. but i will be sacrificing the comfort and "toys". Navi really isn't an issue because i can get the jdm nsx dash that comes w/ integrated navi and crap.. but anyway i LOVE both cars.. i'm just looking for other opinions other than my own. as for financial stuff.. i'm not the type to spent 50%+ of my income on cars so yes i can afford it.
Old 09-22-06, 03:37 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think I would rather have a new IS350 with all the bells and whistles (and warranty) than a ~5 year old NSX that is overdue for replacement. Is the NSX any quicker than an IS? I'm sure it would run circles around an IS on a road course, but I don't get the impression that's why you are considering it.
Old 09-22-06, 05:23 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernby
I think I would rather have a new IS350 with all the bells and whistles (and warranty) than a ~5 year old NSX that is overdue for replacement. Is the NSX any quicker than an IS?
Ditto. I wouldn't go buy a 5 year old out of bodystyle car. If I did it would not be an NSX.
Old 09-22-06, 05:26 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

NO!! go for nsx.. you cant just switch you mods over.. i was supposed to buy them..!! lol jk... people here are gonna lean towards the 350... obviously...
im sure i dont have to explain.. but i rather go with the 350 myself too.. lol
try posting this at a nsx forum.. and see what they say.. haha
Old 09-22-06, 07:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,330 Posts

If I didn't own a Supra, I'd own an NSX for sure. It's the only street car I know that had Ayrton Senna on the development team. They are incredibly fun to drive. I scared the life out of the salesman on a test drive. He had no idea the car would corner like it does. His exact words were: "You don't look like someone who could drive like that!"

The 350 is a great car, but it's not an NSX at all.
Old 09-22-06, 08:28 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Mods transfer right over; 350 all the way!
Old 09-22-06, 09:47 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Don't get me wrong. I would love to have an NSX (I've been a Honda guy all my life). I just wouldn't want one instead of my IS350.
Old 09-22-06, 09:57 PM
The Chad
Driver

Dude that heads up the parts department at Ganely Honda (HardTopGuy.com, Cleveland, Ohio) has a Comptech supercharged NSX that is pretty quick, but being a staple in the S2000 community, he told me one day when I was in the shop that it doesn't seem any faster than a high boost S2000, which modded would still be less expensive than a NSX. Not trying to sway your opinion, just wanted to mention that the owner of a very fast NSX doesn't feel it's all that fast.

Personally, if it were my only car, I probably would have to pick the IS350, because it's more practical in most cases (I own a small car and would like some more practicality). However, if you have a car for that purpose, I would go NSX all the way. Sure, it's an "older" bodystyle but the 2000 has the HIDs w/o the annoying pop-up lights and I think it's a beautiful looking car. And the mods available for that car are unbelieveable.
Old 09-22-06, 11:15 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes.........
Old 09-22-06, 11:24 PM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

trade it in! i personally think you'd be happy with all the stuff that comes in the 2IS. this is probably your daily driver right?

Quick Reply: Should i trade my car in