IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Aftermarket HID kit for the new IS250?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 10:12 AM
ex2k4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket HID kit for the new IS250?

I'm trying to buy a set of HID kit for the IS250. We didn't get the HID kit from the factory (moron dealer screwed it up).

I'm trying to get aftermarket and was thinking about xenondepot H11 with 4300k temp.

Are there any other members with aftermarket kit? any suggestion? experience?

thanks!
Old 09-18-06, 11:00 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

yes... there are tons of people with the aftermarket kits. and there are also a variety of kits out there. my suggestion is to try out the 'search' feature somewhere on the top of the page... and just type in HID or something. You'll get more than you wanted in information including pictures.
Old 09-18-06, 11:15 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ex2k4
I'm trying to buy a set of HID kit for the IS250. We didn't get the HID kit from the factory (moron dealer screwed it up).

I'm trying to get aftermarket and was thinking about xenondepot H11 with 4300k temp.

Are there any other members with aftermarket kit? any suggestion? experience?

thanks!
Sucks the dealer messed up your factory HIDs...

aftermarket HIDs are great, but you won't get the auto-leveling and AFS features.

Personally I installed the 4300K kit from Xenon depot and love them! They are nice and bright, they don't look too blue and install was simple. I followed rdrunner's excellent install post and we did 2 cars pretty quickly. Check his post with install pics out: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ht=xenon+depot

hope that helps and welcome to CL!

Last edited by menech; 09-18-06 at 11:22 AM. Reason: spelling :) need more coffee!
Old 09-18-06, 11:40 AM
monz00n
Driver School Candidate

i've been wondering. can you get the hids (with auto-levelling and afs) from the dealer after you bought the car?
Old 09-18-06, 11:45 AM
menech
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by monz00n
i've been wondering. can you get the hids (with auto-levelling and afs) from the dealer after you bought the car?
you can, but installing all the sensors and wiring for the AFS and auto-leveling would probably be rather annoying. A couple of people were thinking about it but I don't think anybody has tried it yet.
Old 09-18-06, 12:16 PM
monz00n
Driver School Candidate

sorry, by 'get' i meant have them install it too.
Old 09-18-06, 12:36 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

You can indeed get OEM HID's from your dealer, but it would cost you upwards of $2,000-3,000. Just get a XenonDepot kit - you won't be sorry.

Javier
Old 09-18-06, 01:41 PM
ex2k4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by inecstaz
yes... there are tons of people with the aftermarket kits. and there are also a variety of kits out there. my suggestion is to try out the 'search' feature somewhere on the top of the page... and just type in HID or something. You'll get more than you wanted in information including pictures.
Thank you for your useless comment. I'll take it and throw it out in the trashcan. You may also try typing in HID in search and get "sorry, there is nothing matching to what you are looking for."
yes, i've used search before I posted.

Thank you to other guys for great information. I've decided to go with xenondepot after reading one of your comment/link to other member's thread.
Old 09-18-06, 02:07 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Thank you for your useless comment. I'll take it and throw it out in the trashcan. You may also try typing in HID in search and get "sorry, there is nothing matching to what you are looking for."

Thank you to other guys for great information. I've decided to go with xenondepot after reading one of your comment/link to other member's thread.

Let's keep it polite folks, there are other keywords such as 'xenon' that will work better

For example
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ighlight=xenon

The FAQ would also be a great place to start
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=196853
and has this great DIY link on aftermarket HID install https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192254
Old 09-18-06, 03:21 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

wow... didnt know trying to help would cause such sarcasm. your welcome.
Old 09-19-06, 12:31 PM
ex2k4
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by inecstaz
wow... didnt know trying to help would cause such sarcasm. your welcome.
Sorry to be so sarcastic. But as many of you guys have used different forums, it's very unncessary for you to say "use search" without any beneficial information. Like i've said, I've searched and there is nothing. There is another thread right on this page asking of HID question.

I apologize if it offended you.

I'll keep in mind the word xenon next time.
Old 09-19-06, 01:37 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

If you're having trouble using the "search" feature on a new forum, I'd also suggest looking for an installer......
Old 09-19-06, 03:58 PM
ExKoukiS14
Rookie

Are you serious? He gave you the best advice here.
Searching will give you the best results. Have you tried searching for more then just "HID". try "Xenon Depot" or "Hid Kit". You're lucky that most of the members are nice here and have even searched for you.

Serious. go to any other forum and you will get flamed to hell with these stupid questions. Most people and MODs will even delete your post as this topic has been covered many times.

/flame suites for sale

Last edited by ExKoukiS14; 09-19-06 at 04:03 PM.
Old 09-19-06, 04:41 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by monz00n

I don't think that's possible. I went to my local dealer and asked them to install hid kit on my is250, they said it cannot be done. They suggested me to try aftermarket hid.
Old 09-19-06, 06:40 PM
johnAboy
Driver

Thank you for your useless comment. I'll take it and throw it out in the trashcan.
lol, wtf?

geez...some ppl

Quick Reply: Aftermarket HID kit for the new IS250?