IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Call terminated by network...bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-06, 06:23 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Call terminated by network...bluetooth issues

At first everything worked fine. But recently, when I have an incomming call, it will ring once and then I get a "call terminated by network" display on the nav screen.

I drive the same routes and it worked well in the past. When I check my phone, I have a good battery and full signal. I can call back that number and everything works fine at that point.......

Anyone seen this or have an idea what the issue is?
Old 09-05-06, 06:29 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by unit74
At first everything worked fine. But recently, when I have an incomming call, it will ring once and then I get a "call terminated by network" display on the nav screen.

I drive the same routes and it worked well in the past. When I check my phone, I have a good battery and full signal. I can call back that number and everything works fine at that point.......

Anyone seen this or have an idea what the issue is?
Have you asked the person calling how many times it rang? I have seen that a few times but it's mainly whenever the other person hangs up...
Old 09-05-06, 06:34 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Most of the time I will get a voice mail shortly there after so I know it's more than just a hang up.

I'm wondering if the lag between the caller, my phone and then BT is only letting through a ring or two before the caller's end has rung 5 or 6 times and then gone to mail.....
Old 09-05-06, 06:51 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 255 Likes on 225 Posts

When discussing bluetooth issues, it is always helpful if you post the specific phone are carrier that you are using.

I'm using a Razr (flashed with Alltel firmware) on Verizon wireless, and I haven't had that problem.
Old 09-05-06, 06:54 AM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
When discussing bluetooth issues, it is always helpful if you post the specific phone are carrier that you are using.

I'm using a Razr (flashed with Alltel firmware) on Verizon wireless, and I haven't had that problem.
You took the words right out of my mouth...
Old 09-05-06, 07:49 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Motorolla 720 on Verizon.
Old 09-05-06, 08:01 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by unit74
Motorolla 720 on Verizon.
Shot in the dark here: You didn't by any chance go into the programming menu of the phone and change the CODEC from EVRC to 13K, did you?
Old 09-05-06, 11:17 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

No.

I didn't do anyhting other than the initial set up for the car.........It had been working fine and then all of the sudden, dropping the calls.
Old 09-05-06, 01:41 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

Had the same problem. Turn off BT on phone, and in the car, and delete all pairings. Redo the pairing and everything should work
Old 10-16-06, 07:45 PM
rx400hinLI
Driver School Candidate

Have this problem in an '07
Using a Motorola V3 on Cingular.

Tried clearing phone and car BT memories, no help.
Anyone else still having this problem?
Old 10-16-06, 08:04 PM
uthatch
Driver

Does anyone know if the car uses it's own antenna for phone calls or does it still use the phone's antenna but just broadcast through the car?

I have a Razr with Cingular service and it cuts out and drops calls a lot. I live right in Los Angeles, so the coverage should be fine, but it's not too good. It's bad enough that I can hardly continue to travel when on the phone because it will probably drop the call.

So I'm wondering if the car usues it's antenna or the phones? And if it is the car's antenna, does anyone know of any way to make the reception stronger?
Old 10-16-06, 09:57 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by uthatch
Does anyone know if the car uses it's own antenna for phone calls or does it still use the phone's antenna but just broadcast through the car?

I have a Razr with Cingular service and it cuts out and drops calls a lot. I live right in Los Angeles, so the coverage should be fine, but it's not too good. It's bad enough that I can hardly continue to travel when on the phone because it will probably drop the call.

So I'm wondering if the car usues it's antenna or the phones? And if it is the car's antenna, does anyone know of any way to make the reception stronger?

The cellular signals are broadcast and received using the antenna on the phone.

There is a separate pair of bluetooth radios and antennas (one in the car, one in the phone) for phone <-> car communications.
Old 10-16-06, 10:26 PM
uthatch
Driver

Originally Posted by Bichon
The cellular signals are broadcast and received using the antenna on the phone.

There is a separate pair of bluetooth radios and antennas (one in the car, one in the phone) for phone <-> car communications.
Understood...thanks.
Old 10-17-06, 07:43 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Termination by network is caused by either network issue (dropped calls, missed handovers, etc) or also when you end a call, or goes to VM.

I have noticed that depending on the phone, by the time it rings on the BT handsfree, it has rung a couple of times on the phone.

My blackberry rings instantaneously on the BT. My treo rings two-three times before ringing on the BT/hadsfree. So it may be that the phone has been ringing, and by the time it gets to BT, it only rings once then it goes to VM.

Also, Verizon uses a feature that it puts the person calling you on hold for some time while it waits to find your phone on the network, or any other related stuff...you can choose what music the callers listens to, while it is looking for you....and at times, when the call gets to you, it has gone so long, that i goes to VM after a ring.

In short, there is nothing wrong with the BT....more a byproduct of your wireless provider and phone model.