ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   EZPASS (toll tag for North east) where do you mount them? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/233548-ezpass-toll-tag-for-north-east-where-do-you-mount-them.html)

SugarRush 08-18-06 06:35 AM

EZPASS (toll tag for North east) where do you mount them?

Did a quick search and no post related to this topic.

- Anyone mount their EZpass on the inside of 2IS winshield?
How is the reception? Any trouble going through the 2IS winshield?

- Or you just open your driver window, hold the toll-tag outside in your hand and wave like crazy? :dance2:

- Or put the tag on your lap?

- Or.... (feel free to comment, thanks).

is4me2 08-18-06 06:45 AM

I set it up on the center of the dash and go thru and then take it down and put it in the glove compartment. I don't use it every day though. If I used it every day I'd probably keep it in the center console. I wouldn't stick it in my window.

ekohn 08-18-06 07:02 AM

Behind the rear view mirror

I use it every day....

Its mounted on the windshild behind the RVM so I can't see it from inside the car.

Never had a problem zipping through tolls. I've used tools from VA, MD, and NJ.

cheers.

MLEE4984 08-18-06 07:05 AM

Get one of these:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2...diumdn8.th.jpg

No ugly white E-Zpass on windshield.

-Mike

supaIS350 08-18-06 08:12 AM

same here..i wave mind thru the windshield and put it back in the glove box...it's too ugly to mount on the windshield..just a brake tag on there.

SugarRush 08-18-06 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz (Post 2074675)
Get one of these:

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/2...diumdn8.th.jpg

No ugly white E-Zpass on windshield.

-Mike

Very cool! :thumbup:

Payam 08-18-06 09:01 AM

I keep mine in the driver's side door bottle holder and pull it out and hold it against the windshield when I'm going through a toll.

linh811 08-18-06 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by is4me2 (Post 2074638)
I set it up on the center of the dash and go thru and then take it down and put it in the glove compartment. I don't use it every day though. If I used it every day I'd probably keep it in the center console. I wouldn't stick it in my window.

i do the same

lifeisgood 08-19-06 07:04 AM

Actually, I have mine velcro'd to my head-reception is generally pretty good.

All kidding aside, it's largely personal preference, I suppose, but I think the windshield is the best location--mount it up near the top of the window but slightly to the right of the of the rearview mirror center post (the top of the EZ pass should be touching the bottom right corner of the mesh tint that's behind the mirror)--this way you can't see it from the drivers side seat. Resting it on the dash (without velcro) can create problems because it is prone to sliding and can come flying off when you don't expect it.

Similarly, keeping it a door pocket can be distracting--if you are focusing on finding the EZ pass tag and someone stops suddenly, you could have other worries. I tried resting it on the dash and keeping it a pocket, etc, but found it to be a pain and at times dangerous. JMO

The license plate frame option looks pretty slick, but I would be concerned that it would be easy for someone else to steal. On the other hand if they steal it and use it, I suppose that they could track it down--I think they take a picture of your plate and compare it to a database of tag IDs every time you go through the toll booth.

OK_Sooners 08-19-06 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by lifeisgood (Post 2076493)
Similarly, keeping it a door pocket can be distracting--if you are focusing on finding the EZ pass tag and someone stops suddenly, you could have other worries. I tried resting it on the dash and keeping it a pocket, etc, but found it to be a pain and at times dangerous. JMO

I never did understand why the Tolls up here in the Northeast have the EZPass booths on the right or crammed in the middle of two Ticket/Pay booths!????

Wouldn't it make sense to have all the EZTag booths on the left side?? That way since your "passing the slow cars"... the left side should be the correct side...

But I just answered my question... People up here use the left lane as the slow lane... awww I understand now!!! :uh:

I keep mine in my arm rest compartment... then take it out when needed...

How much does the tag EZPass go for?

yov6cam 08-19-06 07:59 AM

hhow do you get one of those plate tags? btw did you take out your parking lights? IT doesn't look like it's there, I did the same thing, kinda pays homage to the Old IS's and ES's with the yellow fogs

murph550 08-19-06 06:14 PM

I keep mine in the armrest, then just hold it up to the windshield when I go through the toll.

MLEE4984 08-20-06 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by yov6cam (Post 2076542)
hhow do you get one of those plate tags? btw did you take out your parking lights? IT doesn't look like it's there, I did the same thing, kinda pays homage to the Old IS's and ES's with the yellow fogs

You can order from e-zpass website, it is free but if you lose it or if it gets stolen, I believe it is $40 replacment.

Parking lights are still in there, I swapped them for LED versions from eBay. HIDs are probably over powering them, that's why you can't see it.

-Mike

MLEE4984 08-20-06 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by yov6cam (Post 2076542)

You can order from e-zpass website, it is free but if you lose it or if it gets stolen, I believe it is $40 replacment.

Parking lights are still in there, I swapped them for LED versions from eBay. HIDs are probably over powering them, that's why you can't see it.

-Mike

CaThaFeR 08-20-06 10:16 AM

i put mine in one of those suction cup holders, because i only have it up when i am going to my house upstate...but when its up i stick it on the windshield to the right of the rearview mirror