IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Where to get wheel spacers for IS350??? (Update & pics on pg.4)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-06, 09:22 AM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone try to use 15mm all around? Is the front going to rub against the fender if I use 15mm? I've checked and can't find any 10mm spacer @ h&r or ichiban.
Old 08-15-06, 09:36 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pinoychris
Hey Javier, yeah, I actually noticed some negative camber on mine. Then I looked at a BMW and I was like.. well, at least mine isn't that bad. =x hahaha. I might get it realigned again, but first I need to find an exhuast. Too much added weight now with sub so it's affecting my camber more.

Oh yeah, check out my K&N thread. Also, haha, I might be willing to let go of my volks for a decent price in the near future, PM me if you're interested.
I'm pretty sure camber isn't adjustable on the 2IS, just tow.
Old 08-15-06, 10:08 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Even on the rears? In that case, no more waiting - I'll order my spacers today!

Javier
Old 08-15-06, 10:53 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

I couldn't find any adjustments other than tow on front or rear when I replaced my springs.
Old 08-15-06, 04:29 PM
t.is350.h
Lexus Test Driver

I found something really interesting. There is a company making adapters for 15mm, which is really easy to install. Do you guy think 15mm will rub at the front? If it isn't this kics kit will be the best solution.
http://www.optionimports.com/kiprwhsp.html
Old 08-15-06, 05:39 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
I found something really interesting. There is a company making adapters for 15mm, which is really easy to install. Do you guy think 15mm will rub at the front? If it isn't this kics kit will be the best solution.
http://www.optionimports.com/kiprwhsp.html
I would stay away from this. Not only is the spacer itself not hub centric, but it doesn't provide a hub centric platform for the wheel. That's about as bad of an idea as it can be!

Regarding the rubbing, a 15mm spacer on the front with an OEM wheel will give an effective offset of 30 mm. I haven't heard of ANY successful wheel stories involving a 30 mm offset in the front.
Old 08-15-06, 06:37 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Well, I got my spacers! I found a shop here in SoCal that manufactures custom wheel adapters and spacers for any application. They machine them in house out of solid blocks of high quality aluminum. He told me to bring the car in for him to look at, and they wound up cutting my adapters right then and there while I watched! It's one thing to custom order parts for your car, but it's another to watch them actually manufacture your parts before your very eyes! I'm stuck in traffic right now (God bless the Treo), but I'll post pics and details when I get home - at this pace, it may be tomorrow... L.A. traffic blows!)

Javier
Old 08-15-06, 06:40 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

nice javy!! i wanan check them out!.... i'll have to see them in person at EOS =)
Old 08-15-06, 07:52 PM
dsouth
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PNice972
awny place online to order H & Rs?
Todd,
http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...ake/lexus.html
Old 08-15-06, 07:57 PM
suprafrank
Rookie

awny place online to order H & Rs?
I ordered my H&R spacer from http://www.optionimports.com/h-r-spacer.html Good service and fast shipping. I ordered mine online Sunday and they shipped them Monday (yesterday) and I should be getting them at my door tomorrow or Thursday according to UPS tracking.

The tricky thing is for H&R spacers below size 25mm (come with 5mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm) you will need to remove the hub to replace the stock studs with the longer ones come with the spacers. Size 25mm spacer is bolt on and you don't need to remove the hub.

Good luck!!

Last edited by suprafrank; 08-15-06 at 09:00 PM.
Old 08-15-06, 08:26 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

where do you get 10mm spacers for our cars?
Old 08-15-06, 08:47 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

where do you get 10mm spacers for our cars?
I don't think H&R will sell 10 mm spacers since they can't be hub centric (for the wheels). If you don't care about them being hub centric, then you can just stack two 5 mm spacers.
Old 08-15-06, 09:05 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

hmm ic, so if i did 15 mm front and rear then it wouldn't look flush?
Old 08-15-06, 09:09 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

hmm ic, so if i did 15 mm front and rear then it wouldn't look flush?
DAMN! How many times can I say this ... It will look REALLY flush, but it will rub in the front.
Old 08-15-06, 11:06 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Okay, so I finally got home and snapped some quick shots. I bought my adapters today from and old drag racer, Fred Goeske (www.wheeladapter.com). Usually he does everything via internet – you order it, he makes it, for whatever you want. I emailed him last weekend with all the info on what I was looking for, and he called me Monday morning. Since I am so close to his shop, Fred said that if I wanted, I could bring in my IS so he can measure and make sure that everything will fit perfectly and spec out to my liking. So I took him up on his offer and drove over to his shop this afternoon. Once there, Fred, Kevin and I took measurements and jacked up the front end of the car…

And examined the both the hub and the wheel to determine exactly what kind of adapter the IS requires. Kevin got right to work…

… and machined a wheel adapter to test fit on my car. We tested it on both the hub and the wheel, and it fit like a glove. Using our measurements, he machined three more adapters. Fifteen minutes later I drove away with a set of custom-made, high grade aluminum wheel adapters for my IS. We couldn’t install them because the stock studs are too short, so I need to find a place to buy replacement studs that are an inch longer. Once I get those replaced, I can bolt on my adapters and wheels. Here are some more pics…

And here are the pics of the drop from the Eibach Pro-Kit for flyfl1pguy…

Javier

Last edited by javyLSU; 03-07-07 at 12:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Where to get wheel spacers for IS350??? (Update & pics on pg.4)