ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   THANKS! CL Members & Aerotect. (56k=don't click) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/221952-thanks-cl-members-and-aerotect-56k-dont-click.html)

mr.BeboT 06-14-06 09:51 AM

THANKS! CL Members & Aerotect. (56k=don't click)

First off big thanks to Jeanne & Francisco being my formal introduction to irl CL members. In addition I'd like to thank members: viet658, CaThaFeR, casey225, redcell, dnszoom, EBMCS03 & varok.
It was a shame I was stuck at home sick for the aerotect meet as I was hoping to meet more of you there and take some pics to post.

My (almost) finished IS350 SGM Sport:
Volk SF-Winning Gunmetal F:19x8.5(38) 235/35/19 R:19.95(42) 275/35/19 BFG KDW2s
stock TPMS installed w/ custom Air inflation tool.
illuminated door panels
Aerotect exended hood clear bra,headlight,foglight,reflector,turn signal overlays
PIAA 9006 ion yellow fogs
Polarg j-51leds
Excuse my noobish photo skills in advance. All i have left is to pop in another set of ion yellow bulbs for my DRLs when i get it turned off during 5k service, and 50% tint all around.

If you are interested in my OEM wheels please check out my thread on the classifieds forum.

http://bebotinc.com/temp/mrbebotis.jpg

al503 06-14-06 10:03 AM

Very nice. So you drilled into the wheel for the stock tpm's and you put regular valve stems in the original locations? Great solution.

mr.BeboT 06-14-06 10:13 AM

al503,
On the volks that is the true position of the hole, the rims come with 'L' shaped stems that come out out of the little hole you see on the corner of my pic. As soon as my wheel guy saw the stems he said 'oh i know exactly what to do don't worry.' When I came the next day to pick up my OEM tires he had that adaptor made and ready for me, it's 2 detachable pieces which he said should work pretty much wherever I need to fill up.

With those rims I definaetly was not prepared to drill new holes :p

PhilipMSPT 06-14-06 10:18 AM

That's a lot of work and it pays off well. Lookin' good! :thumbup:

jewel 06-14-06 11:51 AM

how much and where did you get those wheels from? They're super sexy :D

al503 06-14-06 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by mr.BeboT
al503,
On the volks that is the true position of the hole, the rims come with 'L' shaped stems that come out out of the little hole you see on the corner of my pic. As soon as my wheel guy saw the stems he said 'oh i know exactly what to do don't worry.' When I came the next day to pick up my OEM tires he had that adaptor made and ready for me, it's 2 detachable pieces which he said should work pretty much wherever I need to fill up.

With those rims I definaetly was not prepared to drill new holes :p

Sounds like your wheel guy is a keeper.

t.is350.h 06-14-06 01:54 PM

Where do you have it installed?

INHOCJP 06-14-06 02:12 PM

I think you need to wash your car :D

Looking great all the way around :thumbup:

CaThaFeR 06-14-06 02:56 PM

beautiful!! :D

Joe Z 06-14-06 03:01 PM

Nice work!!!

Did you pay extra for that killer SHINE!!!! ;)

glilly 06-14-06 03:28 PM

...and people said the BFG KDW's wouldn't fit. Ha!! Your car looks great, since I got my SGM, i've been contemplating what wheels to go with, it seems that since there are so many SGM's, i've now seen every option installed on the car. I love those wheels, but I ended up getting the ME's, ..still uncertain if I made the right choice or not, but no turning back now! Can you post up a few more pics of the rear treads? and why did you opt for the 35 instead of the 30 series in the rear? ...(I had to go with a 265/30 b/c the 275/30 was discontinued) It looks like you have quite a bit of meat back there! any plans to lower it?

sorry for all the q's

Greg :thumbup:

mr.BeboT 06-15-06 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by glilly
why did you opt for the 35 instead of the 30 series in the rear? ...(I had to go with a 265/30 b/c the 275/30 was discontinued) It looks like you have quite a bit of meat back there!

It's just as you said the 30s are discontinued, as are the 35s which means I'll have to look for new tires when these go out :(
Truth is, i was very adament about getting 30s because our CL pioneers all said it was the best fit, even though my wheel guy said 35s all the way. I guess it was a sign when the time came to order the 30s and they were being discontinued. In the end I'm very happy that it turned out like this. The final stroke was when viet658 who, runs 35s dropped, PM'ed me saying he had no problems.

Joe z: I think it's because i'm not too good at photography :p

INHOCJP: That car is washed! it was all ready for the aerotect meet, if you are looking at the big picture and think that's dirt on the doors it's actually the road reflection! :eek2:

jewel & all others who have PM'ed me: My 'wheel guy' is actually a close friend, he doesn't do this for a living (he used to), he just has access to the tools and distribution channels. In fact he said "Don't you dare get a flat I dont want to see these rims and that damn TPMS till we replace the tires, and don't go running around showing this (the tool) off and expecting me to make more." :egads: I told him i had to post it on CL atleast :D

If you are in the Socal area I would suggest looking up wheelwarehouse in anaheim, they are pricey but tend to take care of you.

And lastly, I am really resisting the temptation to further mod this car. I bought it with the intention of leaving it mostly stock and I have to say I can live with the OEM sport drop. Either way I'll be on here to cheer our fellow tuners and 2IS pioneers. Who knows, maybe one day make another big post showing that I brokedown and got bitten by the mod bug again :p

EBMCS03 06-15-06 12:42 PM

Very NICE! :thumbup:

4TehNguyen 06-15-06 12:48 PM

a guy on the 3GS forum got holes drilled in his non TPS wheels and it fit:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=222128

casey225 06-15-06 01:05 PM

That's one sweet ride! :thumbup: