IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-06, 01:16 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350

From time to time I hangout around the g35 forums to just to see whats going on and to get a few laughs here and there. Is it just me, but everytime the IS350 comes up they have to debate why their cars are better, etc. There are very few that approach this discussion and debate with factual information. There are only a few members posts that I have read where they have provided actual knowledge...Its fuuny to see how most think that the G is invincible....how hard is it to really give another car props if its better????
Old 06-13-06, 01:19 PM
cmusic
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a friend that had a 2003 G35 sedan and now a 2006 G35 coupe and he prefers my IS250 as an overall daily driver car.
Old 06-13-06, 01:20 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 62 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by ICEBERGS
From time to time I hangout around the g35 forums to just to see whats going on and to get a few laughs here and there. Is it just me, but everytime the IS350 comes up they have to debate why their cars are better, etc. There are very few that approach this discussion and debate with factual information. There are only a few members posts that I have read where they have provided actual knowledge...Its fuuny to see how most think that the G is invincible....how hard is it to really give another car props if its better????
The only thing I see better about that car is that it's got a huge aftermarket for it. Boost away!!
Old 06-13-06, 01:23 PM
NiteOwl
Driver

I went from a 96LS400 to a 03 G35C, which I just sold for a 03 GS430. Infinity vs Lexus are really very different - I view the Infinity as sportier, and more driver oriented and the Lexus as more luxury. That being said, I will take Lexus every day of the week (with a few mods) The interior materials and fit and finish on the G35 was much more Ford like than Lexus like. Overall the inside is just too plasticy - I have not looked at a new IS in person yet, but I am sure its a great car - as are all Lexus's.
Old 06-13-06, 01:31 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've posted a few times in those threads having come from a g35 sedan to a g35 coupe to an IS now.

I don't think it's surprising for forum members to get defensive of their rides. It happens on any forum. Both makes have their respective strengths and weaknesses.
Old 06-13-06, 01:31 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The IS350 is in a higher class than the g35, I don't there's any arguing there.
Old 06-13-06, 01:35 PM
mwaull
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Tony1
The IS350 is in a higher class than the g35, I don't there's any arguing there.
gotta agree with you there . . .
Old 06-13-06, 01:35 PM
yellowssm
Lead Lap

I was once told a Infinity is what you get when you can't get a Lexus or an Acura.
Old 06-13-06, 01:37 PM
shox
Pole Position

Well it's just like here, although it's probably not as sever but we always compare our 2IS to the G35 and always say our car's are superior. Nothing new I think, it's just the love for your own car. Just like how Honda owners bash Toyota owners, vise versa, just the love of your own vehicle.

To me, G35 is somewhat sportier (appearance and handling) while the 2IS is more subtle but can give the G35 a run for their money anyday. IMO and of course, only the IS350 could, the 250 wouldn't keep up.
Old 06-13-06, 01:50 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

SHOX, that is definitely true but at the same time, onthis forum its much more at a mature level...for example in the post just above everyone backed their opinions with factual info, and if the car of comparison has an advantage in a whatever category, it is acknowledged.....i have seen stuff like the t"his is the best car in the world"...... "the is350 doesnt come close to the g35,"........i have even seen it being compared to the current M3 and upcoming model????
Old 06-13-06, 02:02 PM
jinetix
Pole Position

My opinion, the answer is clear between which is the better car. The only thing the current G35 sedans have going for them is probably the 6MT, lower pricing, and the huge aftermarket available for the VQ35. I cant stand the joystick navigation and the interior styling of the current G35 sedans/coupes.

The 2007 model G35 sedan that is coming out, however, is very nice and will probably give the IS350 a good run for the money. Lots of improvements (touch screen navigation, in-dash hard drive, sportier look, nicer gauges, etc.) and most importantly, the availability of a manual tranny.
Old 06-13-06, 02:09 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yellowssm
I was once told a Infinity is what you get when you can't get a Lexus or an Acura.
really? I always held the Infiniti line higher than Acura.
Old 06-13-06, 02:14 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

infiniti is higher than acura.

if you thought infiniti forums were bad, check out bimmer forums.
Old 06-13-06, 02:22 PM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

yeah, i hang out at g35driver.com a bit and they are pretty cocky. funny cause the "clientele" of G coupes is about as bad as the Mustang guys now. wasn't like that a couple years ago, but the prices on used ones has come down so much that any a$$ hat can get one. sad sad...
Old 06-13-06, 02:42 PM
ICEBERGS
Lead Lap

i agree 100 % i have never seen so much cockiness, but then i realized that since the re-sale value on these things are not so good, they are falling in the hands of prev ricers...My friend that had the g35 got his 2003 g35 coupe for 18k. and all he does all day is brag about this car, he use to have a Corolla with usual coffee can exhaust, graphics, about 200 stickers and an aluminum wing, do i need to go on? He called me the other day and told me that he just handed a bmw 645 his a$$ on the free way , i told him that the guy was obvioulsy toying with him, but he swears that the guy was running ***** out and he was able to put a car length on him!!! As I read a lot of posts, alot of guys have that mentality, which is just annoying..... Its a very nice car just not the best, Iam a firm believer of give credit where its due!!!

Quick Reply: G35driver forum: owners seem a bit bitter about IS350