ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   Turn Signals (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/217542-turn-signals.html)

akkord 05-18-06 09:34 PM

Turn Signals

Does anyone know if our turn signal bulbs are amber causing the reflection, or if there is an amber reflector in there? I can't really tell, has anyone taken out the bulb or changed out their turn signal bulbs?

http://www3.telus.net/public/stella4/IMG_0803.jpg

Also here is some info people may be looking for:

Originally Posted by TAMR_GUS98
Just to clearify:
High Beams-9005
Fog Lights-9006
Turn Signals-5964(Same as 7440 but yellow)
Parking Lights-194

Access:You'll need to remove the plastic covers in the engine compartment. Push down on the center of the clips holding the covers in place, then pull it straight out.
High Beams-Remove square cover in back of headlight housing, accessed through the engine compartment.
Fog Lights-There is an access cover underneath on the drivers side. Remove two plastic clips by prying out center of clip with a small screw driver. There is also a round rubber cover in the same location for access to adjustment screw for fog light.(Adjustment screw is for aiming)
For the passenger side you'll need to pull back the black plastic cover under the fog light or wheel well to gain access.
Parking lights-Same as high beams above.
Turn signal-This is where it gets tricky. Bare with me guys and gals. Basically, the only way to get to these is under the headlight assembly. It is easier to get to the ones on the passenger side. There are 4 bulbs total. Two on each side. Start by removing the lower portion of the front bumper. Look underneath and you'll see cut outs on the lower bumper where the mounting screws are. Remove all of the screws. On both ends, under the bumper, in front of the front tires, by the last mounting screw you'll see a round clip. Pry out the middle and remove. Remove the lower portion of the front bumper by sitting in front of the car and grabbing under the lower portion of the front bumper and gently pull towards you. It will pull straight out. Next, look under the section of the bumper where the fog light is and you will see a black plastic cover. Remove the front portion of this cover. You will need to muscle it out from under the bumper to gain access to the bottom of the fog light. Look for a bolt that holds the fog light in place and remove it. There is only one of these bolts on each foglight. Pry out the fog light assembly from behind the bumper. You'll need to disconnect the connector for the fog light bulbs and on the drivers side there is an extra connector you'll have to remove from the back of the fog light. Just reach in with a needle nose plier and squeeze the plastic clip and pull the extra connector through the little hole in the fog light housing. At this point, look up at the bottom of the headlight assembly through the cut out in the bumper for the fog lights. You'll see a white object protruding from the bottom of the headlight housing. That is actually the bottom of the turn signal bulb socket. Reach up and grasp the flat end. If I remember right, you will need to turn it counter clockwise to get it out. There should be two of these. Locate each one to replace the bulbs.
Now the drivers side. The inner bulb, closest to the grill, won't have a white plastic extention/protrution. But you can see the wires leading to the socket for the bulb. Just take a flashlight and look through the side where the grill is. The A/C line is in the way but you should be able to see it. Its kinda tight, but I managed to get my left hand in there by removing three round clips from a black plastic cover mounted on the frame rail of the car, under the head light assembly. The other bulb is accessable through the fog light cut out on the bumper. Its tight in there also because of the windshield washer reservour. Reach in and grasp the flat end and turn counter clockwise. The bulb and socket should come out like the other side did.
Sorry I don't have any pics at this time. The wifie is at school and she has the car with her. Hope this helps.
Will

RCFormante 05-18-06 09:55 PM

Its amber bulbs. I replaced mines with mirror super whites.

akkord 05-18-06 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by IS350S
Its amber bulbs. I replaced mines with mirror super whites.

Thanks...time to order some JDM Yellow bulbs...

foofighter 05-18-06 10:09 PM

wow someone actually crack the lens open? what was that project for?