IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Service Dept stole my iPod...

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-06, 09:30 AM
keeeeez
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude.. that sucks. It's not your fault for leaving it in there, as there is something called Trust. Especially between a client and a business establishment. (as long as this did happen). Is it possible that you misplaced it anywhere else?

If not, I would definately voice my concerns with the GM.
Old 05-15-06, 10:40 AM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Before throwing out accusations, make sure this isn't another "dealer stole my nav DVD" thread.
Old 05-15-06, 11:02 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by pocky
That sucks dude. I sometimes leave things in there on accident. But I usually make sure I take my valuables.

Like someone said, you took it in for key marks, which will require a trip to a 3rd party body shop. So it might have been them. Try to get the information on the body shop they took it to.
They have their own dept for it... They dont use a 3rd party. I asked. Thats why I can only take it in there for the Ultimate Protection Program they offer.
Old 05-15-06, 11:05 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keeeeez
dude.. that sucks. It's not your fault for leaving it in there, as there is something called Trust. Especially between a client and a business establishment. (as long as this did happen). Is it possible that you misplaced it anywhere else?

If not, I would definately voice my concerns with the GM.

I know I left it in there on accident because my friends and I were listening to it on the way to the service center.

I forgot it in the car because there was a pretty long wait to get it in service so they sent me to their lounge for drinks and snacks.
Old 05-15-06, 11:37 AM
INHOCJP
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by inecstaz
I know I left it in there on accident because my friends and I were listening to it on the way to the service center.

I forgot it in the car because there was a pretty long wait to get it in service so they sent me to their lounge for drinks and snacks.
Sorry to hear about the ipod. I guess that's why it's imperative to remove vauables before dropping off our cars.

Even if we know for certain we've left items in the car, without any real proof, I can somewhat understand a dealer's reluctance to take responsibility for missing items. Unfortunately, there are probably just as many untrustworthy owners as there are untrustworthy service workers.

Hope you recover your missing ipod.
Old 05-15-06, 11:51 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by inecstaz
They have their own dept for it... They dont use a 3rd party. I asked. Thats why I can only take it in there for the Ultimate Protection Program they offer.
D'oh!!!!!

Oh man, now that really sucks. I would just raise hell. Last time I took a car in for oil change, call it minor, but they messed with the radio and turned it up real high when I started the car. That right there already left a uneasy feeling my stomach.
Old 05-15-06, 01:32 PM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

WTH, I thought I am the only victim..
my sun glasses disappeared after I left the car for Lexus of Steven Creek in SJ to install the spoiler, and get the "veer to the right problem" fix for me.

I was sending email to this guy "Guest Satisfaction Manager" Lexus of Stevens Creek.
He just keeps asking if I get any responses from the service the partment yet....! It has been more than a month already....
I totally love the car. The saleman is great to work with.... BUT the service department is turning me down..... The worst part is the pair of sun glasses is only worth about 200$...Why would someone steal something isn't that valuable ?.!..?
I WILL NOT bring my car back to them anymore, I will try another dealer for service if I have to...

Last edited by blk250; 05-15-06 at 08:50 PM.
Old 05-15-06, 05:25 PM
kenne74
Rookie

Hrmm i can't believe that someone at Lexus would take something out of your car. It was most likely the wash personal that took the belongings. I would keep complaining until the item is replaced. I always leave items in my car and have never had an issue and now i'm having second thoughts.

Keep pressing them! Perhaps a police report would wake them up.

Ken
Old 05-15-06, 07:44 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blk250
BUT the service department is turning me down..... The worst part is the pair of sun glasses is only worth about 200$...Why would you steal something is not that valuable ?.!..?
Doh, only $200... yall some high rollers.
Old 05-15-06, 08:03 PM
tgara
Pole Position

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
I think most of you guys are missing the point. Honestly, Lexus should be responsible for any theft and damages. When you drop off your car, it is out of your hands, you can't dictate whether or not lexus uses contract work or inhouse work.
Exactly, and Lexus has no control over the behavior of third party contractors. That's why there is a big sign in the service department that says "Not Responsible For Lost or Stolen Items", as well as similar language on the service order the customer signs before work begins.

At least it was only a silly iPod. If you had a credit card stolen, you'd have much bigger problems. Consider this a lesson. Don't leave valuables in your car when you don't have control over it.
Old 05-16-06, 10:10 AM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tgara
Exactly, and Lexus has no control over the behavior of third party contractors. That's why there is a big sign in the service department that says "Not Responsible For Lost or Stolen Items", as well as similar language on the service order the customer signs before work begins.

At least it was only a silly iPod. If you had a credit card stolen, you'd have much bigger problems. Consider this a lesson. Don't leave valuables in your car when you don't have control over it.
Did you not read the post that says, "They confirmed no 3rd party vendor" ?! Probably not.

And as for "Not Responsible For Lost or Stolen Items"... not once was that mentioned to me as I was complaining.

At Lexus of Glendale, they are all about customer satisfaction. Which is why I am glad to have just heard from their Guest Retention and Internet Sales Manager that they will comp my stolen iPod and have installed cameras in the service dept.

However, I'm not too sure how much I believe that they just installed cameras. But I am relieved they are going to pay for a replacement. I'm just pissed that whoever has my iPod has all my music and pictures and videos.
Old 05-16-06, 10:24 AM
jinetix
Pole Position

I'm starting to get worried because of this thread. I have my iPod, and some other random things laying around in my car and its been at Lexus of Glendale for the past week and a half for warranty work. I also don't remember seeing any signs saying they aren't responsible for lost items, and it certainly wasn't expressed to me in person.
Old 05-16-06, 11:02 AM
Francis
Pole Position

When I got my RX back from service dept. at Crown Lexus Ontario ca last summer. I reailized that my ac being set to maxcold. I was unhappy about that since the service was nothing to do with ac. Anyway, no big deal compare to you guys. But so far I like Longo Lexus ca better. Give it a try next time.

Francis 99' RX
Old 05-16-06, 11:05 AM
MONSTER
Pole Position

LOLOLOLOLOLOL man i am sorry but that **** is funny!!!

"looted" LOL

Originally Posted by S54toIS350
Think thats bad?

Try a Chevy dealer.

I used to have an 01 SS Camaro and when I took it in for service for the day, the service department pretty much looted my vehicle. My digital camera that was in the glove box was stolen, they even went as far as to steal my aftermarket headlights!!

I had a friend had his subwoofer stolen!
Old 05-16-06, 11:31 AM
carenthus
Driver

Glad to know that they will be giving you a replacement for your stolen ipod.

Hopefully the dealership will have a meeting within their staffs to discuss about stealing other's belongings. That sucks man. That's one shady service guy they need to get rid of.

Quick Reply: Service Dept stole my iPod...