IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

SmartKey - Did you know...

Old 04-24-06, 03:54 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default SmartKey - Did you know...

With the SmartKey on you, one simply has to come up and touch the inside of the door handle for the Driver door to unlock. I usually am doing this, just as I'm pulling the door handle open. But you don't have to pull the door handle for it to unlock. Just touch the back of the door handle.

Also:

The default is to only unlock the Driver door, but usually I'm with other people and I'd like all the doors to unlock without me having to grab the remote and hit unlock while walking up to the car. So you can program it to do this.

Simply walk up to your driver door, and hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps, now if you lock it, walk away, come back and touch the door handle, ALL doors will unlock.

Many would chose only to have the Driver Door unlock, but it's nice to know that you have options.
The following 2 users liked this post by RaysIS350:
Doogels (10-11-21), MadJoe (02-24-20)
Old 04-24-06, 04:04 PM
powders2k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just what I wanted man........

Thanks!!!!!

Have you found anyway to close all the windows by the remote?????

I would love to have that option....

Since you can open them by holding down a button...You should also be able to close them...

Joe

Originally Posted by RaysIS350
With the SmartKey on you, one simply has to come up and touch the inside of the door handle for the Driver door to unlock. I usually am doing this, just as I'm pulling the door handle open. But you don't have to pull the door handle for it to unlock. Just touch the back of the door handle.

Also:

The default is to only unlock the Driver door, but usually I'm with other people and I'd like all the doors to unlock without me having to grab the remote and hit unlock while walking up to the car. So you can program it to do this.

Simply walk up to your driver door, and hold the LOCK / UNLOCK buttons down together (on the SmartKey until the Car beeps, now if you lock it, walk away, come back and touch the door handle, ALL doors will unlock.

Many would chose only to have the Driver Door unlock, but it's nice to know that you have options.
Old 04-24-06, 04:07 PM
ChrisM910
Driver

i love that feature
Old 04-24-06, 04:24 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's threads like these that make me that much more anxious to get my ride.
Old 04-24-06, 04:31 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Cool.....its works.....and if you do it again, it will take it off. You can toggle back and forth. I will use that feature when I'm hauling people around and take it off when I'm alone. Thanks!!
Old 04-24-06, 04:36 PM
acsan
Driver

How about if I just want both front doors to unlock and not the rear doors?
Old 04-24-06, 04:37 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

No problem! I didn't mention that it would toggle sorry, but yes it does as you noticed

Originally Posted by is4me2
Cool.....its works.....and if you do it again, it will take it off. You can toggle back and forth. I will use that feature when I'm hauling people around and take it off when I'm alone. Thanks!!
Old 04-24-06, 04:40 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

Lexus considers Auto-Closing Windows remotely to be a 'Safety Issue'. I don't think you're going to find an easy fix for that one. (From searching the Forums).

Originally Posted by powders2k
Just what I wanted man........

Thanks!!!!!

Have you found anyway to close all the windows by the remote?????

I would love to have that option....

Since you can open them by holding down a button...You should also be able to close them...

Joe
Old 04-24-06, 04:45 PM
powders2k
Driver School Candidate

What a bunch of crap.... I find my interior being ruined as a safety measure opening the windows...

hehehehe

Just my rant.....

Someone should really try to find a way to do this.....

That would be great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..

Joe

Lexus considers Auto-Closing Windows remotely to be a 'Safety Issue'. I don't think you're going to find an easy fix for that one. (From searching the Forums).
Old 04-24-06, 05:08 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Also:

after i try this, if i wanted to go back to just drivers side, is it the same procedure?

sorry, after i read the rest of the posts, i realized it can toggle...
Old 04-24-06, 05:40 PM
artie00
Rookie

Genius! Thanks for info on this.
Old 04-24-06, 06:36 PM
inecstaz
Pole Position

Just did it and it works great! Love it. Yea... I like showing my friends that all I have to do is touch the door handle to open the doors...but it used to only open the drivers side door. NOW IT OPENS ALL!!! I'll leave it at this setting unless I go to a really bad area.
Old 04-24-06, 06:40 PM
IS350_PHIL
Pole Position

And knowing is half the battle...

Nice tip!
Old 04-24-06, 07:27 PM
RaysIS350
Rookie

This tip was courtesy of my knowledgeable sales consultant: Geraldo at Lexus of Roseville. When I stop by Lexus, he always tries to share tips with me.

I share stuff I learn on this forum with him too.

Originally Posted by artie00
Genius! Thanks for info on this.
Old 04-24-06, 10:39 PM
[IS]
Driver School Candidate

thanks for the tip!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SmartKey - Did you know...