ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   My mom backed into my car (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/212140-my-mom-backed-into-my-car.html)

Aterrex 04-18-06 06:09 PM

My mom backed into my car

My mom was backing out of her driveway in her Rx 330 and aprently dint see my IS 250 there. So BAM!. The front bumper is still in place but the grill seems like its about to fall out along with the bumper. There are also paint scratches all over the front and a dint on the hood. Im not pissed, I know she will pay for it and besides its my mother. But its just depressing to have had the car for maybe only 3 weeks and your own mother backs into it. *sigh* . Its tough, Im mad ,but at the same time I cant be. Pics soon !! The RX took a beating too in the back. This should proove to be costly

TurkEclisp 04-18-06 06:13 PM

at least it was your mom and you know it will get fixed with no hassle

kensteele 04-18-06 06:21 PM

no need to be upset or she doesn't need to be embarassed as this happens quite frequently. friend of mine his daughter parked her car in the driveway on the wrong side, he gets inside his car then raises the garage door in the morning to go to work, floors it, totals her car (shouldn't have been there) lol.

gtlimer 04-18-06 06:30 PM

Damn, sorry to hear what happened. But on the flip-side... at least its your mom and you know you'll get it fixed without any problems.

I've had my car for just under 3 months and last week i was driving and my car fell into a manhole (cover shifted) and the right side of my car's undercarriage is screwed up.

Aterrex 04-18-06 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by gtlimer
Damn, sorry to hear what happened. But on the flip-side... at least its your mom and you know you'll get it fixed without any problems.

I've had my car for just under 3 months and last week i was driving and my car fell into a manhole (cover shifted) and the right side of my car's undercarriage is screwed up.

oo sheez!! :eek2:

Thats terrible, Living in atlanta I go like 30 mph on the streets watching for potholes due to the fact tax revenues never go to road repair.

gtlimer 04-18-06 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aterrex
oo sheez!! :eek2:

Thats terrible, Living in atlanta I go like 30 mph on the streets watching for potholes due to the fact tax revenues never go to road repair.

LOL!! I thought florida was bad, i didn't know that Atlanta was in the same shape...

evotolexus 04-18-06 07:10 PM

Nothing personal, but call your insurance company and then sue her. JOKE! :D

yeah, that sucks and sorry to hear. Tough situation when it's your family, especially your mother. All you can do is :sad: and get it fixed. It's ok cause it'll look as good as new.

Are you guys going to claim this against insurance or fix both out of pocket?

sab504 04-18-06 07:20 PM

Ouch, thats pretty sad to hear what happened on both of the beautiful lexus. I hope you're planning to pay out of your own pocket since it's prolly gonna raise your insurance very high being both the cars are from the same policy.

PhilipMSPT 04-18-06 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by evotolexus
Are you guys going to claim this against insurance or fix both out of pocket?

Try to get it fixed without the insurance company. You may have to pay big now, but if you let the insurance company pay, your insurance for two luxury cars may skyrocket for the next three or more years. If they increase you and your mother's insurance by $100 a month each, that's a total of over $7000 in three years.

Bichon 04-18-06 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by kensteele
friend of mine his daughter parked her car in the driveway on the wrong side, he gets inside his car then raises the garage door in the morning to go to work, floors it, totals her car (shouldn't have been there) lol.

Not funny, it could have been his daughter (or a neighbor's kid) instead of just her car in the way. Not to be preachy, but there is NO excuse for not looking before backing up -- each any and every time!

inecstaz 04-18-06 09:51 PM

thats why I LOOOOOVE the backup camera!!! I find it especially useful backing out of a parking spot in the grocery store lot. Its got a great wide range angle.

shaolin 04-18-06 10:25 PM

that sucks for you.

time for some bumper senson upgrade :D

muzzman1 04-20-06 06:14 PM

a similar thing happened to me, when my car was a couple weeks old....but it was a hit and run....I was told parts (the front bumper primarily) are not yet available...Im sure that isnt true.....but im curious about ho much its going to cost you to fix it?

MrMark 04-20-06 06:20 PM

I'll have a front bumper available soon....mat red, but you can get it painted.