IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

PICS...IS350 on 20x8.5 and 20x10 rims !

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-06, 09:18 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by unit74
I don't know HKS from HRE's or WD40's.........

Here in Socal, the guys driving rims like that usually have Chrysler 300's, Dodge Magnums and have platinum teeth.

The Lexus does not have the chrome accents that would make the rims melt into the stylelines of the car. They stand out way to much, as if your begging to bystanders... "Look at Me! Look at my rims!! " ala gheto rides.

Since the IS is supposed to be a sports oriented car, and you slapped on those heavy rims, I'm sure that the steering response feels sluggish and your suspension is muffled from the unsprung weight of them. But if your not a performance driver, then the affects would melt away with only a little city driving and you'll never know the difference.
So to you, all chrome wheels are ghetto with the Lexus? wow...
Adding 8 lbs to the rims doesn't bother me much. I might lose a liltle in power since they are heavier but I'm not a racer, the power i have now is more than enough for me If i want performance, i can spend those money on the rims and get me some loud exhaust, header and intake already...
Old 01-14-06, 09:18 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

great pics and wheel.. They look like the DONZ i used to have... From the pics it doesn't look like you need to lower the car at all... Now with the 2 gen gs lowering is a must... The IS must come with a stock suspension thats lower than the 2nd Gen GS...Congrats

T
Old 01-14-06, 10:13 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rims look fine theyre just way too big. the problem I have is misspelling the word BRAKE. the zennetti 5 is a rim I considered for my TL and then my LS but I just didnt want to get into winter tire change over. and you people who never have been in the ghetto should shut the **** up about the ghetto. you aint all that you know.
Old 01-14-06, 11:50 AM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by digital_b
the rims look fine theyre just way too big. the problem I have is misspelling the word BRAKE.

Do people who don't know how to use capitol letters or punctuate bother you?

and you people who never have been in the ghetto should shut the **** up about the ghetto. you aint all that you know.
I grew up in San Fernando off Maclay St and Orange Av..........Don't talk to me about ghetto.
Old 01-14-06, 12:37 PM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do people who don't know how to use capitol letters or punctuate bother you?

I grew up in San Fernando off Maclay St and Orange Av..........Don't talk to me about ghetto.
not nearly as much as people who cannot spell. c-a-p-i-t-a-l is the word youre looking for. not using punctuation or capital letters is known as a form of shorthand. san fernando? hahahah. yeah thats like compton right? heh.
Old 01-14-06, 01:36 PM
unit74
Lexus Test Driver

Your obviously a troll looking for entertainment...........Hope I've given you brief satisfaction.
Old 01-15-06, 12:36 AM
pwndzzled
Rookie

Your obviously a troll looking for entertainment...........Hope I've given you brief satisfaction.
LOL! PWND.
Old 01-15-06, 10:01 AM
IS350spBLK
Driver

I was looking into some I-forged style wheels high polished, but after seeing the new IS with sporty wheels I changed my mind... the new IS to me at least has more of a luxury look rather than a import tuner look.. so im def going with 20 inch chrome...and I like these because they look like a mix of sporty and luxury mixed together.

And is your IS sport? or luxury suspension? Cause the gap looks fine to me.
Old 01-15-06, 06:56 PM
viet658
Driver

Originally Posted by tim817
I notice that i have a lil rub inside the front wheelwell when i make a hard turn. I was aware of that problem thou. I wanted +38 offset but they only have +40 on that rims. Plus i rather have a lil rub on the inside than having rub on the outside of the fender and wheels sticking out. These rims i plan to have it for a year or two just to test with the car being drop soon. Later i'll get a nice perfect one for this car.
Your wheel rubs on the inside also? Mine has the same problem. I thought that by going to a higher offset it would fit better. Mine are 19x8.5 +38 and 19x10 +45. I think your rims look good even though I'm not really into chrome.
Old 01-16-06, 08:26 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by IS350spBLK
I was looking into some I-forged style wheels high polished, but after seeing the new IS with sporty wheels I changed my mind... the new IS to me at least has more of a luxury look rather than a import tuner look.. so im def going with 20 inch chrome...and I like these because they look like a mix of sporty and luxury mixed together.

And is your IS sport? or luxury suspension? Cause the gap looks fine to me.
Mine don't have sport package. Those I-forge are nice and light.
Old 01-16-06, 09:36 AM
caffeine
Rookie

Looks great! I'm glad that you found a good size fit for the IS. The wheel gap is perfect the way it is right now, I wouldn't even lower it.
Old 01-16-06, 11:13 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Tim,

Thanks for hooking me up the other day, I did one of my "poor-man's Photo Shops" so that you get an idea of how the car will look lowered. Now just focus on the gap between the fender and wheels and don't look too much at the lower part of the tires 'cause it looks nasty....I've could've done a better job but it was going to take longer...Hope you like it...I think it will look even better (lowered)!!!
Attached Thumbnails PICS...IS350 on 20x8.5 and 20x10 rims !-2xxlowered.jpg  

Last edited by Alex350; 01-17-06 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-17-06, 07:51 AM
tim817
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Alex350
Hey Tim,

Thanks for hooking me up the other day, I did one of my "poor-man's Photo Shops" so that you get an idea of how the car will look lowered. Now just focus on the gap between the fender and wheels and don't look too much at the lower part of the tires 'cause it looks nasty....I've could've done a better job but it was going to take longer...Hope you like it...I think it will look even better (lowered)!!!
great PS, thanks bro.
I notice that after the drop, the wheel look even better with the car. Eliminate the fender gap make the wheel don't look too big compare to the whole car body.
Old 01-17-06, 08:33 AM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that looks nice.

i thought you lowered your car already....
Old 01-28-06, 06:18 PM
Alex350
Lexus Test Driver

Hey Tim, I was wondering if you could post more pics of your car with the 20s. I would like to see how it looks from different angles...

Quick Reply: PICS...IS350 on 20x8.5 and 20x10 rims !