sid411
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great write-up. very helpful !!
Old 10-05-13, 05:35 PM
Toxicxk23
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you play music through your phone most of the time, download the PowerAmp app on your phone! Completely refines the sound of the stock system. I used the trial version of the app until it expired but paid the $5 right away after to get the full version. Our stock sub is VERY capable of putting out a heavier bass.
Old 10-06-13, 12:00 AM
Zatrekaz
Rookie

Thanks for the info... helps a lot.

If I am reading this correctly, a bare minimal setup would be only the LC2i, which would provide RCA outputs to your aftermark amps. To take it further, add in crossovers and equalizers before you hit the amps?

This is a very primitive setup, but I am thinking:

Stock Headunit --> LC2i --> Equalizer --> Front & Rear Amp/Subwoofer Amp --> 6.5" Components in each door / Subwoofer in back

And of course add in all the wires/terminals/ect.

Does it sound like I am on the right track?
Old 10-06-13, 12:05 AM
dubUang
Rookie

Good write up! This is going to help when I decide to buy a w7..
Old 10-06-13, 12:06 PM
Dew23
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Toxicxk23
If you play music through your phone most of the time, download the PowerAmp app on your phone! Completely refines the sound of the stock system. I used the trial version of the app until it expired but paid the $5 right away after to get the full version. Our stock sub is VERY capable of putting out a heavier bass.
Please tell me the proper name for the app thanks
Old 10-25-13, 10:47 AM
Dapper
Rookie

So much great info in here
Old 11-01-13, 02:14 AM
Head74
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2010 is 250 no nav. I am putting in an 1 din aftermarket radio
After I remove the 4 screws for the center console , what am I removing
To put in the new radio? Is it the cd changer at the bottom .. I also have a kit for the new 1 din radio
. What wires also am I unplugging of the old radio? And what wires do hook up to the new radio? Please help?
Old 11-02-13, 01:35 PM
Spriggan
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cmusic
I would first unhook and probably even remove the factory sub from the car. Then I would T-tap wires on the front woofer speaker wires. The right front door woofer wires are Brown (+) and Pink (-). The left front door woofer wires are White (+) and Red (-). Or you could just tap the factory sub wires to the new amp. The sub factory wires are sort of confusing on the schematics I have. The wires are either Pink (+) and Sky Blue (-) or Brown (+) and Light Green(-). Just pick the colors that are at the speaker for your install.

Run the tapped wires to a speaker to RCA level convertor and then onto an amp. The turn on wire should be tapped from either the red or orange wires on the main wiring plug. Use a mutimeter to test which wire to use. The one you want to use has power only when the ignition is turned on. Or some amps allow the speaker wires to be run directly to their inputs and will automatically turn on when they sense a signal on the speaker wires. (JL Audio slash series amps and the 2006 lineup of MTX amps will do this.) I would use the crossover on the amp. Then all you have to do is pick your amp and sub. This setup will allow the sub to play the same levels as the front speakers at all times.

Hope this helps
Cmusic,

I have recently purchased an IS250 with the stardard audio setup and am wanting to just upgrade the factory ~7" sub with 1 ~10" aftermarket sub. I already have a small Alpine monoblock amp I'm going to use and am looking into a good line level converter.

My question to you is, do you have a wiring scematic for the information that is quoted above?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11-02-13, 06:55 PM
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Spriggan
Cmusic,

I have recently purchased an IS250 with the stardard audio setup and am wanting to just upgrade the factory ~7" sub with 1 ~10" aftermarket sub. I already have a small Alpine monoblock amp I'm going to use and am looking into a good line level converter.

My question to you is, do you have a wiring scematic for the information that is quoted above?

Thanks in advance!
I don't think Chuck has posted anything in the last couple of years, though I would have a few SQ questions for him myself it he were still online............
Old 11-04-13, 04:48 PM
Spriggan
Driver School Candidate

Damn. Does anyone have a diagram explaining how to add an aftermarket amp/sub using an line out converter?
Old 05-17-15, 06:15 PM
edwinlexus
Rookie

I have a 06 is 250 non ml system and want to add a sperker in the center dash space. But what kind of speaker will it has to be ( mid, or what?) and to which speaker wire will i have to tap in ( color for + and - ) and were do i fine them

Quick Reply: IS audio system overview