IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

No More Blue Tape! and other goodies...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-05, 03:25 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No More Blue Tape! and other goodies...

Well, after driving around with a blue nose for almost a month, my appointment finally came. Let me just say it was well worth the wait. I've seen the pre-cut pics posted by other members, but the custom bumper Sam & his crew just put on is absolutely incredible.

You have to look REAL hard to find where the notches are...

Tint is all done now too...

And some new decorations, 'cause you know a girls' gotta have her jewelry

That's all for now. I just wish Lexus would hurry up with the other accessories.
Old 11-15-05, 03:29 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look nice and clean! Love that color combo; it was my second choice. Matador red looks great on the car -- it's aggressive and sophisticated at the same time.
Old 11-15-05, 04:17 PM
skynite
Rookie

did you have any problems taking off the blue tape? Did the tape actually work in protecting the from bumber? For some reason, I thought the tape would be too thin to protect anything. What is your opinion on the tape idea?

I might have to do the same if I can't schedule an installer right away. My G35 on the way home from the dealership got a chip on the bumper and within a week a chip on the glass. This time I don't want to take any chances.
Old 11-15-05, 04:29 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by skynite
did you have any problems taking off the blue tape? Did the tape actually work in protecting the from bumber? For some reason, I thought the tape would be too thin to protect anything. What is your opinion on the tape idea?

I might have to do the same if I can't schedule an installer right away. My G35 on the way home from the dealership got a chip on the bumper and within a week a chip on the glass. This time I don't want to take any chances.
I also did not want to take any chances. It's a great temporary measure. I had absolutely no problem taking the tape off and it definitely did its job. What little residue was left easily came off with regular car wash. I just made sure that I had a good coat of wax on there before taping it up.
Old 11-15-05, 04:30 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by skynite

if you got a big *** rock flying at you, nothing will protect the car event the clear bra. but if you have just those little rocks from the road, the blue masking tape should be able to do the job. i drove back and forth from norcal and socal in my sc430 and gs400 before with blue tape. 350 miles doing 90mph and everything was clean
Old 11-15-05, 05:51 PM
Maximus350
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, looks like a very clean job. Sam and company does it again! Do you have any more pics of the tint?
Old 11-15-05, 06:37 PM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your car looks beautiful.
Old 11-15-05, 07:03 PM
RCFormante
Supercharged!

Received 61 Likes on 26 Posts

Nice...now where can I find those black pearl emblems?
Old 11-15-05, 07:14 PM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lookin good Jean !!

Sam does another awesome job as expected. The biggest difference in his work is that he makes every effort to wrap the "Whole" bumper and to wrap around corners, to avoid bare spots and seams.

I haven't seen this level of "seamless" work performed by most other clear bra installers anywhere.

Sam will do "pre-cut" film installs for less, but this is definitely one area where you get what you pay for.

The blue tape job was done quite good as well, but I will not miss it !

Old 11-15-05, 07:18 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice
Old 11-15-05, 07:43 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wink Blue Mask

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Lookin good Jean !!

Sam does another awesome job as expected. The biggest difference in his work is that he makes every effort to wrap the "Whole" bumper and to wrap around corners, to avoid bare spots and seams.

I haven't seen this level of "seamless" work performed by most other clear bra installers anywhere.

Sam will do "pre-cut" film installs for less, but this is definitely one area where you get what you pay for.

The blue tape job was done quite good as well, but I will not miss it !

Glen,
Glad you liked my tape job. It was definately worth doing, but , I too, am not gonna miss it. Sam even mentioned how clean the front end was. He and his crew did a great job and they even came 30 minutes earlier than expected.
Old 11-15-05, 08:22 PM
BC-GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Very nice!!! Car is coming along fairly fast. Is it even a month since you got it? I got a little something coming too. Maybe we should do a little mini meet with my friend with his IS350. That would be 2 IS350's and 2 GS's. Hey, I don't get any credit for helping with the tape job. Sheesh!!! J/k! Great job with the rest of it Will. That looked pretty hard. So I left at 10 and you finished up around 12?

Last edited by BC-GS430; 11-15-05 at 08:26 PM.
Old 11-15-05, 08:30 PM
CrazyG02
Driver

Very Nice..I fiannly got to chekc out the red Is in person..and its beatiful color..Now its another color i gotta choose from!
Old 11-15-05, 08:31 PM
TAMR_GUS98
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default No More Blue Tape.

Originally Posted by BC-GS430
Very nice!!! Car is coming along fairly fast. Is it even a month since you got it? I got a little something coming too. Maybe we should do a little mini meet with my friend with his IS350. That would be 2 IS350's and 2 GS's.
It will be a month on the 20th. As far as the "Mini Meet", set it up Ron. It might get as big as the last "Mini Meet" in Emeryville that Ryan set up. Yes, you do get credit for helping with taping up the hood. It took me awhile. But it was worth the time, effort, and all the people staring at the car on the road.
Btw, thanks for all the complements folks.
Will

Last edited by TAMR_GUS98; 11-15-05 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-15-05, 08:39 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

i like that red, whats the exact color?

Quick Reply: No More Blue Tape! and other goodies...