IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Are Lexus dealers just clueless or does the following car just not exist

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-05, 09:53 AM
Carlos Ramirez
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Lexus dealers just clueless or does the following car just not exist

I am in the market place for

IS350 Sport, ML and navigation, in Black on Black. Now for some reason The two local dealers are clueless and claim there is no Sport models out there yet. However I believe there is a few them here on the forum.

Anyone know of this car anywhere in the US?

Carlos
Old 11-09-05, 09:54 AM
IS 250 FAN
Rookie

maybe by none out there they mean there arent any in allocation for the region you are in? I dno good luck thouhg, im ordering my is 250 soon i cant effin wait.
Old 11-09-05, 10:04 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Sounds like an enjoyable car to own to say the least.

The folks here have educated me regarding the regional configuration practices that occur for Lexus.

You would like: The Northeast Configuration I have seen is

IS350 Yes
Sport Yes
ML No
navigation Yes
Black on Black Yes

So they are not ordering cars to be built against allocation with your configuration but you could order the car your way.

I was offered a black on black sport 350 with nav (no ML) at a couple of dealers so those cars are out there.

The regional thing is pretty funny to me. The West coast folks get a sport package without park assist and headlight washers.
Old 11-09-05, 10:13 AM
Carlos Ramirez
Rookie

That makes no sense at all to me..

In Georgia there is nice weather all the time.
So Sport package is a smart idea
For any region ML is a smart idea
For any region Navigation is a smart idea.
Old 11-09-05, 10:42 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

No one ever said it was a smart idea. Why is ML available in Kansas and not So Cal? Why are there lots of AWD cars in places with good weather?

As people have said before, a good way to get some idea of vehicle allocations in your area is to go to lexus.com, go to the Build my IS thing, and type in your zip code. You will then see configurations available in your region. For me, sport + nav was one of the options in my region, so I was happy. But if I had wanted sport w/no nav, or nav w/no sport or lux, I would be out of luck. Happy hunting!
Old 11-09-05, 10:48 AM
meta1
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by diablo1
No one ever said it was a smart idea. Why is ML available in Kansas and not So Cal? Why are there lots of AWD cars in places with good weather?

As people have said before, a good way to get some idea of vehicle allocations in your area is to go to lexus.com, go to the Build my IS thing, and type in your zip code. You will then see configurations available in your region. For me, sport + nav was one of the options in my region, so I was happy. But if I had wanted sport w/no nav, or nav w/no sport or lux, I would be out of luck. Happy hunting!
I would to come across a performance /navi only. They aer Only selling fully loaded IS350's or premuim plus package in northeast Ohio. All I want really is performance package. I really don't need Navi.
Old 11-09-05, 10:59 AM
Carlos Ramirez
Rookie

Well I guess I can start checking in other parts of the country if anyone knows of this configuration please let me know.

Last edited by Carlos Ramirez; 11-09-05 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-09-05, 12:17 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

ML is probably the reason for hangup here--no one outside of Lexus HQ knows for sure why ML is not readily available outside of the Central region. ML remains elusive and scarce like the Lochness monster, even in the Midwest. Lexus definitely screwed up in this regard.
Old 11-09-05, 04:03 PM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Carlos where in GA have you been going? That might or might not be the problem.
Old 11-09-05, 04:10 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ML is in the central region and in the midwest, but in the midwest I haven't seen any sport packages at all....so you might have a hard time finding that particular car.
Old 11-10-05, 06:35 AM
Carlos Ramirez
Rookie

amy I basically called both Nalley and Hennesy Lexus on the car.. They are both basically saying that I have to special order it :-(
Old 11-10-05, 06:51 AM
Rockville
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Mark Levinson is the option that makes your..

IS350 a special order. When a new model is introduced dealer committees meet in each region to create packages that they feel will sell well. Mark Levinson is only found in the Central region. This may change in the future as the regions adjust to demand. The hard thing to find in our region is the Cashmere leather. We haven't seen one yet. There also are two different Mark Levinson packages and one will play DVD's on the Nav. screen and the other won't. This is the elusive VN option which costs an additional $500.

Rock

Last edited by Rockville; 11-10-05 at 07:05 AM.
Old 11-10-05, 07:03 AM
amy011079
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Carlos Ramirez
amy I basically called both Nalley and Hennesy Lexus on the car.. They are both basically saying that I have to special order it :-(
Well I haven't done a whole lot of research on the buying aspect of the car but that may very well be the case. Because I know you get the Mark Levinson with the Nav package which in GA has always been an issue to get. At least that is what I have come to understand. But I know everyone at Hennessey very well, and I don't think they were trying to duke you into anything. I was told that when I'm ready to go and special order the car so I could have it exactly like I want it as well. Good luck!
Old 11-10-05, 07:33 AM
Carlos Ramirez
Rookie

Well Amy lets go put an order for two fo them maybe we can get a price break.

What options you wanting to get Amy?
Old 11-10-05, 07:47 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Here is another thought.

I used a broker to locate the car I wanted.

They have a good network of dealers and may be useful toward getting the car you want.

The deal is you only pay when you buy from the dealer they connect you with (only $30).

Here is the info for the guy I used. He is very cool, helpful and for me, got results.

Elvis Blohm
Fleet Manager
Office: 888-861-8080
Fax: 310-860-9395
Email: Elvis@FleetRates.com

Quick Reply: Are Lexus dealers just clueless or does the following car just not exist