ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013-163/)
-   -   2nd Gen IS 250/350/350c Official ROLLCALL/Welcome Thread!!! (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/183301-2nd-gen-is-250-350-350c-official-rollcall-welcome-thread.html)

camdlux 10-23-05 06:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1. Model 250
2. AWD
3. Matadore Red
4. 17 Bridgestone Potenza
5. No spoiler
6. Black Perforated Leather
7. NAV, Park Assist, Premium Plus Package - Bye Bye A6, Hello Lexus.
8. PICS
9. NoVA

The good: This car is smooth! Breakin' is gonna be a BEEOTCH to comply with. The power is adequate and the handling is superb, the brakes are very responsive with great stopping power! The AWD is gonna be great here in the North East region. It has rained over the last 2 days and I cannot get the car to to kick out on me! The cabin is comfy and the build is by far the best I have ever owned. The backseat size is poor (that was expected). A very plesant surprise...my golf clubs fit in the trunk with a good bit of room to spare. I have owned several Acuras, Toyotas, an Audi, a Honda...and I have now found my carmaker of choice!

Complaints...I could not get the Premium Luxury Plus package so I dont have Seat Memory, Rain Sensing Wipers or that beautiful illuminated scuff guard. My biggest gripe is gonna be the maintenance! The manual recommends every 5000 miles @ $100+ and major intervals in excess of $450. Coming out of an Audi after 3 years I paid ZERO...not for the light bulbs, wiper blades, 15K interval oil changes, or ANYTHING.

And remember this young Padawans...Life is not a sprint, you must pace yourselves. 306HP and 0-60 times are nice but certainly NOT the only thing to consider when purchasing a fine automobile! Besides, how many tickets do you already have (LOL). Dont be afraid consider the IS250 and wait for a few mods :-)

Peace!

roadrocket 10-24-05 12:45 AM

I've been lurking in the shadows here long enough, time for me to add my 2 cents, so be gentle now....My last 5 cars have been Acura's of which 2 have been NSX's,

I needed something a little more practical to drive everyday, I was going get an 05 Acura RL (they're giving them away) until I test drove the IS350 and WOW ! I was sold, I picked up mine tonight and have been having a blast in it all evening!!!! is it fast? ...it friggin' flies !!!!

1. 2006 IS 350
2. RWD
3. Smokey Granite Mica
4. 18's (will be changing to G-Spider)
5. no spoiler
6. perf black leather
7. wanted ML but wasnt available
8. will post some PIcs tomorrow
9. Orange County CA

clubfoot 10-24-05 09:42 AM

roadrocket, what are your impressions of the handling,...coming from an NSX?

roadrocket 10-24-05 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by clubfoot
roadrocket, what are your impressions of the handling,...coming from an NSX?

let's just say that the IS is more luxury than sport, The NSX is a great handling ride but lacks the HP and torque of other cars in it's class (porsche, corvette etc..) where as the IS350 is at the top of it's class in HP and makes most of it available in mid rpm range... I haven't had the IS long enough yet to really test it, just got it yesterday :-)

roadrocket 10-24-05 06:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a snapshot of my new ride (mods to come)

roadrocket 10-24-05 06:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
and one more..... it had 9 miles on the odo when I drove away from the dealership....

GreyHound 10-24-05 07:18 PM

Ordered our IS350 Sat. Oct. 22, (probably entered today Oct. 24) I hope.
1. IS350
2. RWD
3. Johnny Cash Black
4. 18s
5. Spoiler
6. Grey perforated leather (of course)
7. Luxury Package
8. No pics yet.
Radford Virginia
Thanks !!

Dakk 10-25-05 10:03 AM

Black Onyx IS350

Just put a large deposit down on a Black/Black IS350 on Friday which is due in a few weeks.

1. IS350
2. RWD
3. Black Onyx
4. 18" wheels
5. No spoiler
6. Black leather
7. Sports package w/ Additional Options and Navigation
8. Will post pics when it get it next month :)

VicsIS350 10-27-05 11:34 AM

IS350
Tungstun Pearl

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Options:
- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Elgin,IL(1st Puerto Rican to own this car in this town)
PAID OFF

A sleeper that rides like a dream
and turns heads immediately!

lexus_x_2 10-27-05 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by VicsIS350
IS350
Tungstun Pearl

Luxury Package with 18-in wheels includes Auburn bird's-eye maple interior trim, Perforated leather-trimmed interior, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Lexus Memory System for power driver's seat (except lumbar) outside mirrors and steering wheel, Heated and ventilated front seats, Illuminated doorsill scuff plates, Power rear-window sunshade, Rain-sensing intermittent windshield wipers with mist cycle, Electrochromic (auto-dimming) outside mirrors with auto tilt-down in reverse, Bi-xenon High Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps, Adaptive Front Lighting System (AFS), and 18-in alloy wheels.
Additional Options:
- Navigation System/Mark Levinson® Premium Audio System Package
- Intuitive Parking Assist
- Preferred Accessory Package (includes Cargo net, Trunk mat and Wheel locks)

Elgin,IL(1st Puerto Rican to own this car in this town)
PAID OFF

A sleeper that rides like a dream
and turns heads immediately!

I purchased the exact same vehicle (same color, same options). Just curious what Lexus dealer you purchased yours from.

VicsIS350 10-28-05 10:54 AM

Hey lexus_x_2

I got mine in Rockford Lexus/Toyota in IL. I told them what I wanted to spend out the door and they where the only dealer to take my offer. Chicago dealers wouldn't come close when I did price quotes. My original dealer wanted to sell me the car at list and no discounts at all even on options. Rockford made it possible for me to get more options for the money. with the other dealers I would have to order the car with certain options and wait three months.

smirnoffsk 10-30-05 08:34 AM

1. IS250
2. RWD
3. Matador Red
4. 18" wheels
5. no spoiler
6. Black leather
7. Premium Package
8. Pics soon!

MR LEX 10-30-05 02:41 PM

**Purchased 10/13/2005**

1. IS250
2. AWD
3. Tungsten Pearl
4. 17s
5. No Spoiler
6. Black Perforated Leather
7. Premium Luxury Plus Package (Everything but ML)

Lex

http://www.eresourcing.com/lexus/img_0480m.jpg

http://www.eresourcing.com/lexus/img_0487m.jpg

http://www.eresourcing.com/lexus/img_0482m.jpg

http://www.eresourcing.com/lexus/img_0472m.jpg

lexusboi 10-30-05 08:17 PM

I got it!

1. IS 350 :thumbup:
2. RWD
3. Black Onyx :thumbup:
4. 18s Alloy/ Summer
5. None