IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

New is300 2001

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-19, 09:37 AM
JstADreme
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New is300 2001

So i purchased my new is300 and my car wont start now gave it a jump it started up ran it for about 45 minutes shut it of about an hour later i tried to start it wouldnt start. Im thinking could it possibly be the alternator when i when to go see the car it had no issues on start up or when i went back to pick it up. So now i am not sure whats going on im going to try to replace the battery with a lithium on soon and see if that works if it doesnt ill try a new alternator.
Thanks in advance for reading by the way it has about 235k and still sounds like a baby on the drive and start up when she decides to start up
Any one know if the duralast alternators are anygood ? Or should i just go with an oem one?
Old 02-10-19, 12:23 PM
Benoit
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Hello. I recentrly bought a 2002 IS Sportcross. The car didn't started at the seller garage. Battery was old. The garagist said to me that the batteries on Lexuse's are very good, whatever, when they happened to be emptied, they will do tend to do this more often.

Can't recognize exactly what the exact cause of your problem is. But I would look at the battery first.
Old 02-12-19, 06:01 PM
JstADreme
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Benoit
Hello. I recentrly bought a 2002 IS Sportcross. The car didn't started at the seller garage. Battery was old. The garagist said to me that the batteries on Lexuse's are very good, whatever, when they happened to be emptied, they will do tend to do this more often.

Can't recognize exactly what the exact cause of your problem is. But I would look at the battery first.
hope your sportcross comes along man
those have so much potential when it comes to sound systems from what ive seen also hard to come across.

hey man so yeah, I figured I changed the battery. Since it couldnt hold the charge before going to alternator or starter and the car is working fine now just a few things i need to iron out because now I just came to notice that my
1.Traction light is constantly blinking
2. ABS light is on
3. In dash brake light doesn't shut off as if I have my E-brake on
4.airbag lights blinking
And every once in a while since ive replaced the batter the seatbelt light would come on out of the blue and give the beeping sound.. Im missing two 30 amp fuses not sure what they are for but a buddy of mine has the fuses that i am missing in his is300.

Thanks for the battery input.

Now im just monitoring the matter voltage to see if there is a short sonewhere causing accesive power draw ..

Last edited by JstADreme; 02-12-19 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Adding more info
Old 02-13-19, 09:39 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

Received 88 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by JstADreme
So i purchased my new is300 and my car wont start now gave it a jump it started up ran it for about 45 minutes shut it of about an hour later i tried to start it wouldnt start. Im thinking could it possibly be the alternator when i when to go see the car it had no issues on start up or when i went back to pick it up. So now i am not sure whats going on im going to try to replace the battery with a lithium on soon and see if that works if it doesnt ill try a new alternator.
Thanks in advance for reading by the way it has about 235k and still sounds like a baby on the drive and start up when she decides to start up
Any one know if the duralast alternators are anygood ? Or should i just go with an oem one?
I personally have a duralast alternator on my daily and it's been good to me. IMO, the best part about is it is the lifetime warranty and I am on my second one so far. I'd say go for it you plan to keep your car for a long time.
Old 02-21-19, 12:51 PM
ls4001998
Driver School Candidate

I bought a 05 IS300 with one owner and all scheduled repairs done by the dealership. 88k miles. About a year into owning it the alternator went out and I had to get a new one and battery. Most likely the alternator.
Old 02-21-19, 03:26 PM
JstADreme
Driver School Candidate

Default Update

Hey guys i want to update yall i got the new battery and its been holding charge really good and its been 3 weeks with the new battery the meter still reads 12v after start up. The lights are still haywire brake abs trac one headlight keepa going out every couple of days but all i have to do is turn em off and back on i guess hid problems. Thanks for the opinons though . if i keep having problem ill definitely try the alternator since thwy have a lifetime warranty